Sign in to follow this  
The Observer

Billie Eilish - I'm just not getting it

23 hours ago, The Observer said:

Now before someone says 'get off my lawn', I am fairly up to date with contemporary music. I am a fan of Lizzo, Camila Cabello, Dean Lewis, Halsey and many more younger acts. 

But I just don't enjoy Billie Eilish. She cleaned up at the Grammy's. And seems to be the biggest young act in the world right now.  To me, her music is so droning and boring.  No melody at all.  I can see the talent. She's only 17. But not seeing her as the huge sensation she has become. 

I doubt I'll get much pushback on a board of fellow old farts like me. Just wanted to give my two cents.  Now get off my lawn!

you one cool dude. I rike you! 💪

21 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

she is trash. Her brother is a music industry insider that has made it his pet project to make his little sister into the whisper/mumble singing queen. 

That's a pretty bad take.

I wondered what the deal was with her popularity also but then I did a little research into her music.  Some songs grew on me that I didn't like originally and then I found some songs that I really enjoy.  I think she's very talented and she's still incredibly young.  I think she was like 13 when she had her first hit.

My favorite of hers is "When the Party's Over"

46 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I wondered what the deal was with her popularity also but then I did a little research into her music.  Some songs grew on me that I didn't like originally and then I found some songs that I really enjoy.  I think she's very talented and she's still incredibly young.  I think she was like 13 when she had her first hit.

get the fock off my lawn

21 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

you sound like a 12 year old girl.  And I am right on point. If her brother was not packaging her no one would know what a billie eyelash was

went to have a jerk sesh to this Ellie Eilish chick last night and she looks 13.  👎

Shriveled up like a stack of dimes

27 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

you sound like a 12 year old girl.  And I am right on point. If her brother was not packaging her no one would know what a billie eyelash was

Sorry that I listened to her music and tried to learn something about her.  That doesn't make me a 12 year old girl.  I had a similar attitude of yours towards her originally but I listened to her and learned more about her and soon realized that she is very talented.  There's no denying that she owes a ton to her brother, she even acknowledges it.  They seem to be a very close family.

You sound jealous of her or really salty for some reason.

10 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Sorry that I listened to her music and tried to learn something about her.  That doesn't make me a 12 year old girl.  I had a similar attitude of yours towards her originally but I listened to her and learned more about her and soon realized that she is very talented.  There's no denying that she owes a ton to her brother, she even acknowledges it.  They seem to be a very close family.

You sound jealous of her or really salty for some reason.

ohhhh I have listened to her whisper mumble songs and her droning on. Its not that I am salty. It is that her music is shitt. Like Iggy Izalia level crap. 

13 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

ohhhh I have listened to her whisper mumble songs and her droning on. Its not that I am salty. It is that her music is shitt. Like Iggy Izalia level crap. 

She does mumble in a lot of songs but she still has some good ones too.  She has a great voice.  I honestly don't know what Iggy sings.