Sign in to follow this  
weepaws

Hi Guru

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Non ppr 14 teamer, how would you view Duke Johnson, I’m thinking a low rb4

It's important that we get all the RBs who are not among the top 50 ranked properly.

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

It's important that we get all the RBs who are not among the top 50 ranked properly.

Then you should be doing so. 

Do you need help? 

23 hours ago, weepaws said:

Good day Guru, I was wondering about how you think Duke Johnson might do this next season, with DJ looking like the Texans rb1 , do you think Duke Johnson might be used a little bit more in the run game, based on DJ lack of success his last two seasons. 

Non ppr 14 teamer, how would you view Duke Johnson, I’m thinking a low rb4 , I expect to see him used a lot in the passing game , with Hopkins being gone I think he would be someone that might help with his lost. 

Thank you sir, I appreciate your help. 

I always liked what I saw from this kid. I've always wondered why he wasn't given the rock as a RB1, even just for a half season tryout. One of the rookies I really like is Eno Benjamin. And I've been worried about a Duke Johnson parallel career path.

Guru - For dynasty league purposes, can you make heads or tails of the Redskins RB situation?

New coaching staff/Guice/Peterson/Barber/Love.

Lions/tigers and bears oh my. Future lead back not even currently on the roster?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Kopy said:

Guru - For dynasty league purposes, can you make heads or tails of the Redskins RB situation?

Lions/tigers and bears oh my. Future lead back not even currently on the roster?

Thanks

Guice would be the guy, if he could just stay healthy.

7 hours ago, Kopy said:

I always liked what I saw from this kid. I've always wondered why he wasn't given the rock as a RB1, even just for a half season tryout. One of the rookies I really like is Eno Benjamin. And I've been worried about a Duke Johnson parallel career path.

Plus DJ hasn’t been great his last two seasons, so I’m wondering how the Guru feels about Dukes environment this season.  

Thanks Kopy.  

6 hours ago, Kopy said:

Thanks

For dynasty I don’t think I see that player on their roster, unless Guice can stay healthy. 

Im not sure that’s going to happen. 

On 6/4/2020 at 12:00 PM, weepaws said:

Good day Guru, I was wondering about how you think Duke Johnson might do this next season, with DJ looking like the Texans rb1 , do you think Duke Johnson might be used a little bit more in the run game, based on DJ lack of success his last two seasons. 

Non ppr 14 teamer, how would you view Duke Johnson, I’m thinking a low rb4 , I expect to see him used a lot in the passing game , with Hopkins being gone I think he would be someone that might help with his lost. 

Thank you sir, I appreciate your help. 

The last time we saw David, he looked like he was carrying a piano on his back. I'm sure he's better (healthier?) now, but he hasn't been a particularly efficient player since 2016 and been hurt in two of those years. Some of that was Arizona's line, but why wasn't that more of an issue for Drake and Edmonds?

I've never understood why Duke hasn't been used more in his career, but I digress. Given David's "issues," I think Duke sees more than last year's 127 touches. (I was shocked to see he got that many.) RB4 sounds about right in non-PPR, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he is a solid fantasy start 4-5 times (in the likely event David gets hurt). At the very least, the Texans have talked about getting their RBs more involved in the passing game this year, so maybe he pushes for 500 receiving yards.

On 6/5/2020 at 12:00 PM, Kopy said:

Thanks

Very difficult to break this one down at the moment, especially if we throw Gibson (and McKissic?) into the bunch.

First off, I don't see how Barber and McKissic make it. Teams don't carry more than four RBs (most only roster three). Drafting someone like Gibson is done in part to save a roster spot, so there's a case to be made that Love either doesn't make it or is a regular on the inactive list. Anyway ...

The best recent comparison I can think of this year is probably a very poor man's version of the Patriots. In that backfield, Sony Michel is the pounder, Rex Burkhead is the injury-prone dual-purpose back and James White is the satelite back. I would expect AD to play the Michel role and assume around 150 carries if Guice manages to stay healthy. If he doesn't, maybe he pushes 200 again.

Guice should be considered the favorite for 160-175 carries and maybe 20-ish catches if he can avoid injury. If he can't, that's where I think Gibson can become an interesting option in redraft leagues, perhaps with a workload similar to Duke Johnson. (Admittedly a stretch.) If both AD and Guice stay healthy, I don't see how Gibson finds a way into more than five catches and five targets per game (and that assumes Love is a non-factor). If Love proves to be a decent replacement for Chris Thompson (which the previous regime was hoping), then Gibson can't be much more than a gadget player as a rookie.

10 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

The last time we saw David, he looked like he was carrying a piano on his back. I'm sure he's better (healthier?) now, but he hasn't been a particularly efficient player since 2016 and been hurt in two of those years. Some of that was Arizona's line, but why wasn't that more of an issue for Drake and Edmonds?

I've never understood why Duke hasn't been used more in his career, but I digress. Given David's "issues," I think Duke sees more than last year's 127 touches. (I was shocked to see he got that many.) RB4 sounds about right in non-PPR, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he is a solid fantasy start 4-5 times (in the likely event David gets hurt). At the very least, the Texans have talked about getting their RBs more involved in the passing game this year, so maybe he pushes for 500 receiving yards.

Thank you.