Sign in to follow this  
weepaws

Hi Guru

Thank you Guru, I can see what your saying, I can also see him recording 7 tds like last season, and I don’t think J Graham brings any new threat to Robinson, and I think Ginn just simply takes some of the work Gabriel was doing. 

Thank you sir I appreciate your input.  

Hello Mr Guru, I would like to ask you another ff question. 

Behind Mccaffery the Panthers have two Rbs listed, R Bonnafen and M Davis , now in a 14 team non ppr I’m always looking for that rb5 or rb6 to hold Incase of an injury, so I’m wondering would either one of those players be worthy of rostering if something was to happen to Mccaffery, or would it simply be a RBBC? 

Thank you sir, I appreciate your replies.  

56 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Hello Mr Guru, I would like to ask you another ff question. 

Behind Mccaffery the Panthers have two Rbs listed, R Bonnafen and M Davis , now in a 14 team non ppr I’m always looking for that rb5 or rb6 to hold Incase of an injury, so I’m wondering would either one of those players be worthy of rostering if something was to happen to Mccaffery, or would it simply be a RBBC? 

Thank you sir, I appreciate your replies.  

The new coaching staff in Carolina throws a bit of uncertainty into the situation, but Bonnafon seemed to be the clear leader in the clubhouse at the end of last season. I imagine training camp will decide which one wins the backup job, but I'd lean a bit toward Bonnafon at the moment. I also tend to think the Panthers would go RBBC if CMC went down. One of the reasons for my lack of conviction on that last one is Joe Brady has only kind of run an offense for one year (and that was as the passing game coordinator at LSU last season).

Thank you Guru, appreciate the return. 

Also thinking if might be a RBBC, with a slight edge to Bonnafon. 

Guru, 1 more for you, then I promise to go away.

For Joe Mixon owners. Who's the Bengal handcuff to own in a dynasty league? 

3 hours ago, Kopy said:

Guru, 1 more for you, then I promise to go away.

For Joe Mixon owners. Who's the Bengal handcuff to own in a dynasty league? 

No need for you to go away. As long as everyone understands I won't have my first Big Board done for a while, I'm always happy to share my opinions.

As for your question, I think it's Rodney Anderson. I believe Trayveon Williams was drafted to be a younger version of Gio Bernard.

Great question Kopy, and thanks for the answer Guru, i appreciate it. 

19 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

No need for you to go away. As long as everyone understands I won't have my first Big Board done for a while, I'm always happy to share my opinions.

As for your question, I think it's Rodney Anderson. I believe Trayveon Williams was drafted to be a younger version of Gio Bernard.

O.K. Then I'm back.

While talented. Anderson had 3 season ending injuries in 4 years in college. And 1 season ending injury in 1 year in the pros.

Are you sure Anderson is the play over Williams? (Just making sure, that you're sure, so that I'm sure, that you're sure, and I can be sure 🤔 :D  :cheers:

4 hours ago, Kopy said:

O.K. Then I'm back.

While talented. Anderson had 3 season ending injuries in 4 years in college. And 1 season ending injury in 1 year in the pros.

Are you sure Anderson is the play over Williams? (Just making sure, that you're sure, so that I'm sure, that you're sure, and I can be sure 🤔 :D  :cheers:

You question my opinion? Have you not seen my profile pic? 😎

I'm well aware of Anderson's injury history. It is the only reason (at least the only one I'm aware of) that he fell to the sixth round. (He was probably a second-round talent at worst.) I'm sure the Bengals won't having any problem moving on after this year if he can't stay healthy yet again at that price. As much as I liked Williams coming out, I'm leery about his long-term future in Cincy after he saw only seven offensive snaps (and no touches) last season.

Hi Guru I wanted to ask you another question, if that’s ok, and yes I know you won’t have your big board ready for a while, and I look forward to seeing it. 

My question is , M Sanders rb of the Eagles, in a non ppr 14 teamer what do you think, right now working on my own rankings, im seeing him in my top 12 and possible a top ten, so my question is would you agree.  

Thank you very much.  

16 hours ago, weepaws said:

Hi Guru I wanted to ask you another question, if that’s ok, and yes I know you won’t have your big board ready for a while, and I look forward to seeing it. 

My question is , M Sanders rb of the Eagles, in a non ppr 14 teamer what do you think, right now working on my own rankings, im seeing him in my top 12 and possible a top ten, so my question is would you agree.  

Thank you very much.  

No worries.

At the moment, I find myself very conflicted with him. He has the ability to be a feature back. And if Philly allows him to serve as one, then he's going to pay off in a big way. Adam Caplan seems to believe it's fait accompli that will be the case based on what he's hearing from his sources, but that's not been what Doug Pederson has ever been about, nor was that what happened at the end of last year. Yes, Sanders is the most talented back they've had since he's been there, but can the Eagles really just limit Boston Scott to 5-6 touches per game?

All I'm saying is that the pro-Sanders crowd only wants to see what he did statistically once he got to start last season. Philly had no WRs of any consequence by the time December rolled around, so it's only natural a talented guy with a heavy workload and behind a good line lit it up. As I look at it from a non-PPR point of view though, I think he has to be a top 12 back. I'd rather have CMC, Barkley, Kamara, Dalvin, Zeke, Mixon, Jacobs and Henry. I think Sanders fits in somewhere after that crowd.

Wow thank you so much, great answer, appreciate it.  

Since someone brought up Joe Mixon, I'm going to ask this question... to anyone.  Joe Mixon.  What am I missing?  To me, he comes across as Fool's Gold.  To note, I'm discounting his rookie season.  In 2018 he finished 10th in total points and 13th in 2019.  On the surface, that's a low end RB1.  But, digging deeper, he's more of an extreme guy.  Too many high's and too many low's.  I don't want that from an RB1... low, medium, or high.

In 2018, he ranked 9th in PPR-Pt/g, at 17.4 points.  Here's the thing, he scored less than 12 points in 6 of his 14 games.  So, while he's going to average 17.5 points per game, in half his games, I'm getting less than 12.  That's not someone I target.  It's a mid-RB2 to me.

In 2019, he ranked 21st with 14.1 ppg.  If I lower the bar to 10 ppg, he failed to hit that 6 times last year in 10 games.  Again, this is a mid-RB2 to me.

I don't get the mid to low RB1 rankings.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Since someone brought up Joe Mixon, I'm going to ask this question... to anyone.  Joe Mixon.  What am I missing?  To me, he comes across as Fool's Gold.  To note, I'm discounting his rookie season.  In 2018 he finished 10th in total points and 13th in 2019.  On the surface, that's a low end RB1.  But, digging deeper, he's more of an extreme guy.  Too many high's and too many low's.  I don't want that from an RB1... low, medium, or high.

In 2018, he ranked 9th in PPR-Pt/g, at 17.4 points.  Here's the thing, he scored less than 12 points in 6 of his 14 games.  So, while he's going to average 17.5 points per game, in half his games, I'm getting less than 12.  That's not someone I target.  It's a mid-RB2 to me.

In 2019, he ranked 21st with 14.1 ppg.  If I lower the bar to 10 ppg, he failed to hit that 6 times last year in 10 games.  Again, this is a mid-RB2 to me.

Once you get past the top tiers of RB's, that's when he starts looking better, because he has the backfield to himself. AKA a 'Bellcow'. That is his value.  I'd put Chubb right there with him, but I have him over a guy like Miles Sanders. I guess who are you putting ahead of him that most others aren't?

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I had him in a few leagues last year, and while he started the year slow, he kind of came on in the second half of the season.  I think it was partly the new system, and partly the offense just being ineffective in general last year, but once the staff figured out that they needed to build the offense around Mixon, he performed.

1st 8 games:  101 carries, 320 yards, 0 TDs

2nd 8 games:  177 carries, 817 yards, 5 TDs

With a rookie QB starting in 2020 and a lack of serious competition in the backfield, I expect that the heavy use of Mixon will continue.  If he just continues to perform as he did in the second half of 2019, that will be over 1600 yards and 10 TDs on the season.  Throw in a couple hundred receiving yards and a handful of receiving TDs, and he could approach 2000 total yards and 13 TDs, which would place him solidly among the top 5 non-PPR RBs in the league.

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Once you get past the top tiers of RB's, that's when he starts looking better, because he has the backfield to himself. AKA a 'Bellcow'. That is his value.  I'd put Chubb right there with him, but I have him over a guy like Miles Sanders. I guess who are you putting ahead of him that most others aren't?

I think for this season, he and Chubb would be comparable because Hunt is there, so I think that's fair.  Mixon comes across to me as a guy I get stuck with, not a guy I target.  To me, I'd rather target Sanders as my RB2.  I'd be ok with "getting stuck with" Mixon as my RB2.  Guys that I'd actually target as my RB2 are guys who I expect will be what I hope, and then some, are guys like Sanders, Jacobs, Fournette, Drake, & Bell.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

I had him in a few leagues last year, and while he started the year slow, he kind of came on in the second half of the season.  I think it was partly the new system, and partly the offense just being ineffective in general last year, but once the staff figured out that they needed to build the offense around Mixon, he performed.

1st 8 games:  101 carries, 320 yards, 0 TDs

2nd 8 games:  177 carries, 817 yards, 5 TDs

With a rookie QB starting in 2020 and a lack of serious competition in the backfield, I expect that the heavy use of Mixon will continue.  If he just continues to perform as he did in the second half of 2019, that will be over 1600 yards and 10 TDs on the season.  Throw in a couple hundred receiving yards and a handful of receiving TDs, and he could approach 2000 total yards and 13 TDs, which would place him solidly among the top 5 non-PPR RBs in the league.

This is certainly possible, as he got 17+ in 7 of his last 9 games.  That said, we've all seen players finish seasons like that, only to underachieve the following year.  For this year, I'm not buying (again).  I'm going to take a wait and see approach.  If he's there in the late 3rd/early 4th round, I'll take him, but I don't think that'll happen.  So, at his ADP, he'll be on my DND list.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

A lot like A Jones last season, but Jones and higher scoring games, but Jones also was awful in games also. 

I think he’s a hard one to rank right now, he’s the only rb worthy of a rb1 on the Bengals , but rookie Qb question marks at both the wr and te postion, I wonder how much production he’ll produce this season with the bengals having those issues.  , I think i would rather have Sanders also, but just read that the Eagles are interested in both McCoy and or D Freeman. 

So if they sign either that might swing the edge for me back to Mixon.  

Thanks. 

27 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think for this season, he and Chubb would be comparable because Hunt is there, so I think that's fair.  Mixon comes across to me as a guy I get stuck with, not a guy I target.  To me, I'd rather target Sanders as my RB2.  I'd be ok with "getting stuck with" Mixon as my RB2.  Guys that I'd actually target as my RB2 are guys who I expect will be what I hope, and then some, are guys like Sanders, Jacobs, Fournette, Drake, & Bell.

Jacobs has a higher ADP than Mixon so let's leave him out. I guess I can see Sanders and Drake over him if you want to chase their ceilings. But Fournette and especially Bell over Mixon, no chance I would do that. I am also not a believer in DND lists, although I get you are just saying DND at ADP. But to have 2 RB's on it in may seems premature...

33 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Jacobs has a higher ADP than Mixon so let's leave him out. I guess I can see Sanders and Drake over him if you want to chase their ceilings. But Fournette and especially Bell over Mixon, no chance I would do that. I am also not a believer in DND lists, although I get you are just saying DND at ADP. But to have 2 RB's on it in may seems premature...

I was going by fantasy football calculator.  Mixon's (RB), ADP is 7, Jacobs is 9.  These are the guys listed after Mixon: Kenyan Drake, Josh Jacobs, Nick Chubb, Miles Sanders, Austin Ekeler, Aaron Jones, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, David Johnson, Leonard Fournette, Melvin Gordon, Todd Gurley, Chris Carson, LeVeon Bell.  I'd actively take Mixon over only David Johnson, Gordon, Carson, and Gurley.  I guess that means that I'd rank Mixon 16th, which seems about right to me.  According to fantasy football calculator, that's early 3rd round.  If I had a top 5 pick and the other guys are gone, I'd consider Mixon there, but pending on what WR's are there, I'd most likely be willing to gamble on an early 5th and with Ronald Jones or D'Andre Swift.

Basically, Mixon's ADP is 9 overall, then I'd have to take him with my first pick.  Well, that's just not going to happen.  In a way, having him on my DND list at that point, doesn't really matter.  These guys are being taken between 9 and 15: Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Kenyan Drake, Josh Jacobs, DeAndre Hopkins, Julio Jones... I'd take every one of them over Mixon.

I would rather have Gurley and Carson and DJ over Mixon. 

I think DJ we’ll rebound this season, and have a much better season then we’ve seen from Him. 

Land Bell I think he’ll rebound and have a better season then he had last season. 

Right now non ppr I have Mixon 13 - 14   

Remember that Mixon was 16th in  avg per game ff points non ppr last season. 

28 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I was going by fantasy football calculator.  Mixon's (RB), ADP is 7, Jacobs is 9.  These are the guys listed after Mixon: Kenyan Drake, Josh Jacobs, Nick Chubb, Miles Sanders, Austin Ekeler, Aaron Jones, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, David Johnson, Leonard Fournette, Melvin Gordon, Todd Gurley, Chris Carson, LeVeon Bell.  I'd actively take Mixon over only David Johnson, Gordon, Carson, and Gurley.  I guess that means that I'd rank Mixon 16th, which seems about right to me.  According to fantasy football calculator, that's early 3rd round.  If I had a top 5 pick and the other guys are gone, I'd consider Mixon there, but pending on what WR's are there, I'd most likely be willing to gamble on an early 5th and with Ronald Jones or D'Andre Swift.

Basically, Mixon's ADP is 9 overall, then I'd have to take him with my first pick.  Well, that's just not going to happen.  In a way, having him on my DND list at that point, doesn't really matter.  These guys are being taken between 9 and 15: Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Kenyan Drake, Josh Jacobs, DeAndre Hopkins, Julio Jones... I'd take every one of them over Mixon.

Fair enough, I am definitely not a Mixon defender, I have yet to ever own him. I was trying to answer your query as to why he is so highly ranked. I think he is simply much safer than all those other options except for Chubb IMO. Some Fantasy players put a premium on a guy who they believe is safe. A guy like Sanders is more interesting because we really don’t know what his ceiling might be, but can we bank 250 carries for him like we could Mixon? I wouldn’t. So the value of Mixon is knowing  what he will typically give you is likely to repeat itself.

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Fair enough, I am definitely not a Mixon defender, I have yet to ever own him. I was trying to answer your query as to why he is so highly ranked. I think he is simply much safer than all those other options except for Chubb IMO. Some Fantasy players put a premium on a guy who they believe is safe. A guy like Sanders is more interesting because we really don’t know what his ceiling might be, but can we bank 250 carries for him like we could Mixon? I wouldn’t. So the value of Mixon is knowing  what he will typically give you is likely to repeat itself.

Yeah, that's cool.  Wasn't being argumentative.  Just putting out my perspective.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Can I ask you this question, no judgement, just asking a question, in a non ppr 14 team where would you rank Chubb?  Just Rbs. 

39 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Can I ask you this question, no judgement, just asking a question, in a non ppr 14 team where would you rank Chubb?  Just Rbs. 

I don't really do rankings until training camps start, so I can't give you a finite number. That being said he would most def be in my top 10 in any non ppr league (all players wr included). I don't anticipate him losing a ton of carries to Hunt. The new coaching staff and GM are very analytics based. Chubb has been one of the best RB's in football according to the analytics. After all the obvious RB names are off the board, I think he's as good as anyone. To sum up I Lubb me some Chubb...

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Define "rank."

Some people would rank Chubb #2, after counting all the players who are better than him as one player.

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

I don't really do rankings until training camps start, so I can't give you a finite number. That being said he would most def be in my top 10 in any non ppr league (all players wr included). I don't anticipate him losing a ton of carries to Hunt. The new coaching staff and GM are very analytics based. Chubb has been one of the best RB's in football according to the analytics. After all the obvious RB names are off the board, I think he's as good as anyone. To sum up I Lubb me some Chubb...

Thanks I appreciate the response, I think Hunt value is of course higher in a ppr league. 

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Define "rank."

Some people would rank Chubb #2, after counting all the players who are better than him as one player.

I’m still wait for Bible scripture. 

Thanks. 

44 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I’m still wait for Bible scripture.

I thought I told you to go forth and multiply...?

(But not in those words.)

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Define "rank."

Since he was 8th in avg per game in non ppr, why would you rank him as a rb2? do you think Hunt takes more work from him then last season? 

16 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Define "rank."

Ok, that's funny!  🤣

I play in only dynasties, so I never pay attention to adp's. I also still consider myself a RB/RB dinosaur if I was to redraft. But if you're at the swing position at the end of round 1. Is it possible to land Chubb and Mixon?

Beauty is obviously in the eye of the beholder. And if we all had the same thoughts on players, then we'd never get anything done. But if I could come away with a Chubb/Mixon combo after my first 2 picks, I'd be very happy.

16 minutes ago, Kopy said:

I play in only dynasties, so I never pay attention to adp's. I also still consider myself a RB/RB dinosaur if I was to redraft. But if you're at the swing position at the end of round 1. Is it possible to land Chubb and Mixon?

Beauty is obviously in the eye of the beholder. And if we all had the same thoughts on players, then we'd never get anything done. But if I could come away with a Chubb/Mixon combo after my first 2 picks, I'd be very happy.

I'd say it's possible, albeit unlikely. Mixon is usually going a bit before the turn. But yeah, I'd also be happy to start out with a Mixon-Chubb backfield.

Looking at FF Calculator, non ppr 12 teams, Mixon is 12 and the Chubb is 15. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I wouldn't use FF Calculator as the model, especially not so far from the season. Lots of rubes doing those mocks. I did one the other day for kicks and some jokel drafted only Buffalo Bills with his first five picks. I would look at rankings of established sites first as a model. On CBS they have 3 main rankers. In Non-PPR all 3 have Chubb in their top 11 and all 3 have him way ahead of Josh Jacobs, which surprised me. 2 of the 3 even have Mixon ahead of Jacobs. ESPN in NON-PPR has Chubb and Mixon as RB8 and 9 respectively, and Jacobs RB 11...

I agree about not using ff Calculator as a model to get a good list of adp, but I would say I don’t trust any of them, but based on the rankings that I’ve  seen, I like the rankings I see more on ff Calculator then I do the others. 

Like you posted we see Mixon and Chubb ranked higher then Jacobs, I don’t trust that, I don’t ever based my own personal rankings on any site, none, but I would say that ff Calculator is closer to the were I have those players ranked then the ones I’ve seen on cbs and espn. 

And I don’t even use espn for any of my ff info, can’t stand their ff for format, when I look at espn it’s just check out some of their story’s.  

What I use the for my rankings is Footballguys, I just check out the teams rosters , and simply make my rankings for each postion based on the teams rosters, I don’t use last seasons ff point total, just simply rank based on how much I like them and how good I think they well perform.  I just mock when I have a few minutes to do nothing, so I mock about once maybe twice a day .  

But I have Mixon as a late first rounder and Chubb an early second rounder like the Calculator as it.  

Thanks. 

Ps only one I do trust , is the Gurus big board.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

I agree about not using ff Calculator as a model to get a good list of adp, but I would say I don’t trust any of them, but based on the rankings that I’ve  seen, I like the rankings I see more on ff Calculator then I do the others. 

Like you posted we see Mixon and Chubb ranked higher then Jacobs, I don’t trust that, I don’t ever based my own personal rankings on any site, none, but I would say that ff Calculator is closer to the were I have those players ranked then the ones I’ve seen on cbs and espn. 

And I don’t even use espn for any of my ff info, can’t stand their ff for format, when I look at espn it’s just check out some of their story’s.  

What I use the for my rankings is Footballguys, I just check out the teams rosters , and simply make my rankings for each postion based on the teams rosters, I don’t use last seasons ff point total, just simply rank based on how much I like them and how good I think they well perform.  I just mock when I have a few minutes to do nothing, so I mock about once maybe twice a day .  

But I have Mixon as a late first rounder and Chubb an early second rounder like the Calculator as it.  

Thanks. 

Ps only one I do trust , is the Gurus big board.  

Definitely go with what you feel comfortable with. When I eventually get to making rankings, I start from scratch, looking at no outside rankings. I just don't understand how one could use FF Calculator ADP for anything based on the reality that their ADP gives an expert like our very own Guru the same weight as some 13 year old who is just clicking his mouse at random, or a troll who just likes annoying people. Then again your methods don't usually make sense, so bad on me...

I agree, the way I do my rankings doesn’t make since to others, I guess that why they work for me , but I’ve said for many seasons on here, I don’t know how one can base their own rankings on mock drafts none by other people, who most of the time just play around with their picks, because it is a mock. I mock like I said once maybe twice a day of I have nothing much else to do.  

Thanks  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I agree, the way I do my rankings doesn’t make since to others, I guess that why they work for me , but I’ve said for many seasons on here, I don’t know how one can base their own rankings on mock drafts none by other people, who most of the time just play around with their picks, because it is a mock. I mock like I said once maybe twice a day of I have nothing much else to do.  

Thanks  

Fine but you started by saying this: 

On 5/29/2020 at 5:42 PM, weepaws said:

Thus implying that you do use FF Calculator as part of your reasoning for rankings. That is the part I find hard to understand. Thanks...

I’ve said this in the past about any of those websites that post adp, I use them for conversation sake on here, many do use them, so it’s just a way to see what they might be seeing.  And that’s the only reason why I post adp from those sits, you know that many that post here based their rankings on using those websites, and I don’t have any problem with those that do, but when I saw the question posted by Kopy , I took a quick look at those adp and found that ff calculator rankings were close to where I have both of those players ranked myself.  

But I use my own ranking, always , but I check out the Gurus big board, but I don’t set my rankings based on them, just to see how his or those others compare to mind, I don’t change mind up because of them, but I might get some what of And ideal how others might be thinking come draft time, and we both know , having an edge on draft day is a very good thing to have.  

Thanks for the reply 

Good day Guru, I was wondering about how you think Duke Johnson might do this next season, with DJ looking like the Texans rb1 , do you think Duke Johnson might be used a little bit more in the run game, based on DJ lack of success his last two seasons. 

Non ppr 14 teamer, how would you view Duke Johnson, I’m thinking a low rb4 , I expect to see him used a lot in the passing game , with Hopkins being gone I think he would be someone that might help with his lost. 

Thank you sir, I appreciate your help.