Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

report: violence by the far right is the greatest threat to the US

8 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Do you look at life though only a Politics ( L vs R) prism? 

Do you? I don’t even know what political party a lot of my friends and coworkers are.

9 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Most of my white liberal friends are from college, the (current) neighborhood or work and came from middle class to upper middle class to well off families. They are all lily white, constantly looking for the best schools for their kids (dare ask them what that means).  Don't get me wrong, they listened to KRS-One or Biggie Smalls in High School or maybe even had an African American friend. :gasp:  They are truly diverse and know whats best for all.   These guys know what racism is all about.

Most of my white conservative friends are from high school, college, the (old) neighborhood or work.  They came from poor to lower class to middle class families.  Most grew up in racially diverse communities and schools.   Some are still poor white trash, some do fairly well but in non ordinary methods like being a bookie or poker, some are middle class blue collar workers, some have white collar jobs and some have done very well with owning their own business or moving up in corporate America.   All conservative, but the most diverse  group of people you have ever seen.

Point being, true diversity isn't just race.   Diversity consists of race sure, but religion, age, culture, experiences, geography, class on and on.

I've found white conservatives are much more diverse than liberal whites.    

11 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Who, Jesse Jackson?  

Well both, but more specifically you.

If you look back on what Jesse Jackson said, it was in the context of crime on the black communities of Chicago.  As you know, black on black crime in Chicago is awful, and that is what he was referring to.  It was a dumb thing to say, mostly because it allows racists like yourself to twist his words to paint a picture like every black person is bad, which is what you did, and makes you the worse offender than Jackson.

The truth is, when I hear footsteps behind me, it doesn't matter what color the person is.  If I'm in my neighborhood, and a black person is behind me, I'm not worried.  If I'm in a bad neighborhood and someone is following me, I don't care what color they are, I would be concerned.  I'm pretty sure most of America feels the same.

• Haha 1