Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

The worst generation ever.

Look at how many teams now make the playoffs in sports.  
The little league World Series USED TO BE NORTH, SOUTH, EAST AND WEST.  Soon every state will have representation.

pussification Continues.

4 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Look at how many teams now make the playoffs in sports.  
The little league World Series USED TO BE NORTH, SOUTH, EAST AND WEST.  Soon every state will have representation.

pussification Continues.

I think for televised sports, one of reasons they want more playoff games is for more ad revenue.  Similar to the amount of bowl games in college football.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think for televised sports, one of reasons they want more playoff games is for more ad revenue.  Similar to the amount of bowl games in college football.

One of the reasons.  Sure, I agree with that.

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Some of us were smart enough not to have children.  :P

:angry: Don't talk to me like that young man or I'll... I'll... be very disappointed.  Now go to your room and watch whatever you want on your new iPhone.  :(  

I was born in 1964 so, I would be the last year of the baby boomers. Since, I was the youngest of 5 kids in my family and my father was a ww 2 combat veteran, I would probably be closer to the boomers than genx. But as my oldest brother (in the middle of the Boomers)  grew up on the Mickey Mouse Club (the original), Leave it to beaver and Father knows best. I grew up with the Brady Bunch and the Partridge Family. Fast times at Ridgemont High was my time. It came out during my senior year of high school and reflected the times well. Lot of kids smoked pot, no worries about aids yet, and the big hangout spot was the Mall. I didn't wear a bike helmet, we left our doors unlocked (suburban Boston), I had my mouth washed out with soap, my dad spanked me (not too often), and I learned how to swim by my dad throwing me off a dock when I was 6. 

I am the boss of many millennials and I can't generalize the group as a whole. There was definitely a vocal Bernie Sanders support group at my place of work from the m's. But  who knows what the silent m's thought. My politics is pretty moderate.   As far as laziness goes, I can't really say the m's are lazier than previous generations. I think they are more distracted than other generations because there are more distractions in the world now. 

3 minutes ago, mighty_thor said:

I was born in 1964 so, I would be the last year of the baby boomers. Since, I was the youngest of 5 kids in my family and my father was a ww 2 combat veteran, I would probably be closer to the boomers than genx. But as my oldest brother (in the middle of the Boomers)  grew up on the Mickey Mouse Club (the original), Leave it to beaver and Father knows best. I grew up with the Brady Bunch and the Partridge Family. Fast times at Ridgemont High was my time. It came out during my senior year of high school and reflected the times well. Lot of kids smoked pot, no worries about aids yet, and the big hangout spot was the Mall. I didn't wear a bike helmet, we left our doors unlocked (suburban Boston), I had my mouth washed out with soap, my dad spanked me (not too often), and I learned how to swim by my dad throwing me off a dock when I was 6. 

I am the boss of many millennials and I can't generalize the group as a whole. There was definitely a vocal Bernie Sanders support group at my place of work from the m's. But  who knows what the silent m's thought. My politics is pretty moderate.   As far as laziness goes, I can't really say the m's are lazier than previous generations. I think they are more distracted than other generations because there are more distractions in the world now. 

OK Boomer. 

3 minutes ago, mighty_thor said:

Outside of Boston? You left out all the losing. Lol. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Outside of Boston? You left out all the losing. Lol. 

In the 70's The Bruins were a powerhouse with Bobby Orr. The Celtics won many Championships in the 70's and 80's. The Red Sox had good teams but lost in excruciatingly heart breaking ways ('75 series, '78 playoff game, and '86 series). The Pats had a couple of good teams '76 and '85 but they had really cheap ownership that led to mostly bad teams in the 70's and 80's. Thank God for Kraft!