Sign in to follow this  
Juggernauts

Revenge Games

How strongly do you take this into consideration when starting a player.  Would you consider starting Bell this week against the Jets?  If so, what level player would you sit on your bench to take advantage of a revenge game potential?  Discuss.

I don't take it into account at all.

Maybe if I'm 50/50 on who to start and one player has a "revenge" game that week, I guess I may use it as a tie breaker.

Other than that, it doesn't factor in at all.

I do, it seems to play out often, that a player has a very good game , in these situations, I don’t see Bell being more then a flex play, but this also depends on ones available players for this weekend, maybe.  

2 hours ago, Juggernauts said:

How strongly do you take this into consideration when starting a player.  Would you consider starting Bell this week against the Jets?  If so, what level player would you sit on your bench to take advantage of a revenge game potential?  Discuss.

Each case is different, but in Bell's case I think he is a strong play. Not because of revenge, but because KC is likely to destroy them, so Bell will get lots of playing time.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Each case is different, but in Bell's case I think he is a strong play. Not because of revenge, but because KC is likely to destroy them, so Bell will get lots of playing time.

I agree.  How confident are you?  Who would you be willing to sit to get him in your lineup?  Would you start Bell over a guy like Chase Edmunds or Darrell Henderson?  James Robinson?  Ezekiel Elliott?  Dalvin Cook?  How bold are you willing to be?

Well Edmonds and Robinson are on a bye, so definitely over those guys this week...

Ha, ha...okay, sure, but they were just examples of the level of player for this discussion. 

4 hours ago, jrokh said:

Well Edmonds and Robinson are on a bye, so definitely over those guys this week...

6 hours ago, jrokh said:

This is the most correct answer so far...other than the Peyton Barber answer😉

To answer the OP....you only pay attention when you have a coach like Andy Reid who will actually give the player the opportunity to one up his former team.  This fact, along with the extreme likelihood Bell gets more than 6 carries this week, would give me much more reason to play Bell than "revenge".  Bell is decent DFS ticket but I'd be worried if I'm relying on him as my flex.  

On 10/27/2020 at 9:01 AM, Juggernauts said:

I agree.  How confident are you?  Who would you be willing to sit to get him in your lineup?  Would you start Bell over a guy like Chase Edmunds or Darrell Henderson?  James Robinson?  Ezekiel Elliott?  Dalvin Cook?  How bold are you willing to be?

All EXCEPT, JRob and Dalvin.