Sign in to follow this  
DrG

Week 15 Scoop and Play WR

Yes Nelson Agholor is somehow still on the wire in some leagues and he gets the Chargers in what could be a shootout Thursday night. Prediction: 6/88/1.

Chad Hansen - DeSean Watson has to throw to somebody and their running game seems kaput. Garbage time/scrambling dump offs? Prediction: 8/61.

Lynn Bowden Jr is an interesting option for Miami with all their injuries and could see time at wr and rb. Note to self: slot wrs have had a tough time versus the Patriots

Did you just pick up Aiyuk? 

17 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

I picked up Aiyuk

:shocking:

Wow....he's 80% owned.

Congrats. He's gettin ready to blow up this week.

Aiyuk has a good matchup, but benching top 10 WRs like Thielen is not usually an approved strategy.

Note also that Thielen has more Red Zone receptions than anyone not named Davante or Waller.

11 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Aiyuk has a good matchup

CJ Beathard would not inspire my confidence, however.

Darn Shanahan shenanigans.

Lost Deebo, Parker and M Williams. Still have D Hop. I’m RB heavy. Lil help? I’m thinking J Washington on Pitt? Bourne on SF?  Kirk Arizona? Standard scoring. 

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Aiyuk has a good matchup, but benching top 10 WRs like Thielen is not usually an approved strategy.

Note also that Thielen has more Red Zone receptions than anyone not named Davante or Waller.

I 100% agree but J Jefferson has gotten in the way too many (5 games with 5 or less targets) times for me, making both of them boom or bust types. Thielen is the best WR in the league-when he's (38 tgts last 5 games with 25 catches, 86 fantasy points) thrown  to, I think I'll take my chances with Aiyuk (56 tgts last 5 games with 36 catches, 103 fantasy points) against Dallas, his QB doesn't forget he's on the field at times. Thank God for Henry last week, Thielen let me down-again. Good luck this week!

Jefferson's emergence axually gives Thielen some relief from being every defense's focal point, and even in Thielen's "off" games, he's usually had a red zone target or two that could have instantly turned every one of those "off" games into a solid double-digit showing.

Inconsistency is just the nature of WRs, and Thielen is really pretty consistent among his peers--he's only gone without a TD in 4 games this season.  He has just as many games with two scores.  How many receivers can you say that about?

Thielen is a set it and forget it WR1 despite the risks inherent with being a WR.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Jefferson's emergence axually gives Thielen some relief from being every defense's focal point, and even in Thielen's "off" games, he's usually had a red zone target or two that could have instantly turned every one of those "off" games into a solid double-digit showing.

Inconsistency is just the nature of WRs, and Thielen is really pretty consistent among his peers--he's only gone without a TD in 4 games this season.  He has just as many games with two scores.  How many receivers can you say that about?

Thielen is a set it and forget it WR1 despite the risks inherent with being a WR.

Now I can sympathize with you, you make good points and I’m struggling a bit with this. I-kinda like you, was 2nd highest scorer (and had most points against) in our hth PPR 10 team league, I “qualified” last game of season with a 6-7 record. I just want a guy (against Dallas) who’s been getting around 10 looks a game opposed to Thielen (run heavy Vikings) who might only get 5. Thanks for your thoughts, good luck this week. I’m not 100% on this, might switch it back?

W Snead.