Sign in to follow this  
Mike Isles

You did it !!! What was your accomplishment this week ???

16 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

https://megateeth.com/rl_gallery/6-31-meg-tooth-found-1-18-21/

6.3" long and 4.7" wide.  Nicest over 6" tooth tooth I have found in years.   For comparison only about ten 7" teeth have ever been found and most are in really rough condition.  

That's incredible! 

How deep was it sitting - was it embedded in mud and stuff? 

18 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

https://megateeth.com/rl_gallery/6-31-meg-tooth-found-1-18-21/

6.3" long and 4.7" wide.  Nicest over 6" tooth tooth I have found in years.   For comparison only about ten 7" teeth have ever been found and most are in really rough condition.  

Wow. Very cool. Mind if you say how much? 

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

That's incredible! 

How deep was it sitting - was it embedded in mud and stuff? 

It was funny.  The water was 49 degrees so I was really cold but the visibility was good.  I dove about an hour and was not finding anything good.  I had on really thick gloves so it is hard to feel anything.  I still dig and dug up a 4-1/2" pretty nice  tooth and thought at least that is something.  Then I saw a second one.  As the currents rush through they wear out the bank and expose new fossils but I have hit this area pretty hard over the last few months.  With two teeth I knew it was a recently exposed area and I pulled out a reel and started to run a line so I could find the area easier later.  About ten feet away it was completely exposed and I screamed like a little girl.  I usually do not get that excited but man I knew it was an incredible tooth. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wow. Very cool. Mind if you say how much? 

When I was on the boat I showed a photo to a friend that likes these and is pretty successful in business.  He wanted to buy it.  I said I did not know I really wanted to keep it awhile but he threw a number out that was 20% higher than retail so I could not refuse.  I do not want to jinx it plus I do not want to tell his business.  Plus it might seem like bragging and we don't do that here at the Geek Club.  Also he has not paid yet and I am happy to hold it awhile if he changes his mind.  But he asked for all the photos of me holding the tooth si he could keep them with it so I think he will. 

I have one that is 6.92" long and perfect that I kept so I did not mind letting this one go.  

2 hours ago, Bill E. said:

Yesterday I found the nicest Meg tooth I have found in over 3 years and sold it before I was off the boat.

Can size?

36 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Can size?

Hey                    I am wearing a snowmobile suit under a 7mm drysuit.  Lots of padding.