Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

A.J. Green headed to Arizona

Lol I don’t understand why they would reach for this guy.  

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Lol I don’t understand why they would reach for this guy.  

well,  he came off of injury last year.  at the beginning I dont think he was fully ready but his game improved a bit.

if the thought is that another offseason to recover will get him closer to where he was, maybe they take the chance.

I agree its a rich offer, but if it pans out it could put em over the top.

the key word here is IF.

I figure his chance at a bounceback year at around 40%.    anywhere close to 50% is a coin flip.    if you had a chance to make a move that (in your opinion) gives you a 40-50% chance of having a championship team do you make it?

I fully agree they probably could have signed him for 4 or 5 mil guaranteed.  I doubt there would have been a higher bidder at that price. I dont mind having incentives that can take him up to 8 or even 10 mil provided those incentives are tied to significant production.   but the guaranteed money is what kills you if you have to cut the player.

Nothing wrong with this deal.  He'll be their 3rd or 4th option.  There's no long term issues where dead money could hurt them.

I think they should have passed , and find another younger but even more important hungry player that wants to play. 

From what I read about Green last year and what I was told by folks that still watch the game, he’s looked old and non interested. 

Eight million for a third at best wr is a little rich. It would be one thing if it was a productive slot like Cole Beasley, but for an always injured guy past his prime, poor allocation of resources...

Why?

He's done.