Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

Top three picks review

Copied from my previous post. Thought it deserved it's own talking point:

So to review it seems as though CMC and Henry and then insert here. The faith in Zeke is a bit of a leap, for myself anyway. He never impressed me as someone who loved the game as much as he loves the fame. Arrogant, immature, bombastic, yes. Dedicated, humble, determined , not so much. If I were to pick the poster boy for the athlete that disappears after getting paid he would rank in the top three. After Dak and the O-Line crapped the bed last year he disappeared. Nagging injuries? More like sagging attitude. The great ones like Browm, Peyton, Sayers, Emmitt carried their teams. This guy carries the paycheck.

Can't spend a top three pick on a rb who is inconsistent from year to year. Look at his five year production. Dropped a full yard per carry, increased fumbles, decreased yards gained. The only thing that stayed consistent? His big mouth.

I'll take Kamara over Zeke.

So basically the whole point of this thread is to bash Zeke?

His whole Oline and QB fell apart last season, of course his numbers were going to dip. He is not “inconsistent from year to year”, he has been a stud since day 1. I can’t fault you for taking kamara over him, Kamara was the overall RB1 last season even if his outlook is worse this season.

4 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

His whole Oline and QB fell apart last season, of course his numbers were going to dip. He is not “inconsistent from year to year”, he has been a stud since day 1. I can’t fault you for taking kamara over him, Kamara was the overall RB1 last season even if his outlook is worse this season.

I definitely think Kamara's production drops this year.  He probably will still be a 1, but he'll be over drafted.  I see him finishing in the 7-10 range because I believe his receiving numbers will be significantly down.  Winston doesn't dump off to his RB's and Hill is a run-first guy when the alternative is a check down.

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I definitely think Kamara's production drops this year.  He probably will still be a 1, but he'll be over drafted.  I see him finishing in the 7-10 range because I believe his receiving numbers will be significantly down.  Winston doesn't dump off to his RB's and Hill is a run-first guy when the alternative is a check down.

This will be a popular narrative for draft season and he could eventually start getting under drafted. Winston could become more of a RB passer when he has a guy like Kamara to throw to. Hill, well he’s just a guy coach is obsessed with so I’m sure he will end up starting and I don’t like it but hey Kamara was still RB1 overall so there’s that.

I have Kamara down a bit , I have him at #12. 

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

This will be a popular narrative for draft season and he could eventually start getting under drafted. Winston could become more of a RB passer when he has a guy like Kamara to throw to. Hill, well he’s just a guy coach is obsessed with so I’m sure he will end up starting and I don’t like it but hey Kamara was still RB1 overall so there’s that.

In the 4 starts by Hill, Kamara got 10.5, 6.2, 17.7, and 22.4.  The thing is, that's 2 games vs ATL, and a game against Philly and Denver.  Those weren't good defenses.  It's too small of a sample, but the year before with Bridgewater, he got 37.1, 11.9, 16.4, & 13.6... which isn't as scary.  The first game was against Seattle who finished 26th in defense and the last one was Jacksonville (24th), but the Tampa (15th) game and Dallas (9th), games were against decent defenses. Last year, all 4 (3) defenses), were in the 19-25 range.

I agree that Payton is in love with Hill, but I think he loves him for the role he plays.  I don't think "starter" is the preferred role.  I think he's going to go with Winston to start with and give him the chance until he literally, throws it away... which he might do.  It'll all come down to how many INT's is Payton willing to accept.

All that being said, I could see a scenario where Kamara gets over 150 targets, but that'll be with Winston as the starter and come at the expense of rush attempts.  I can see the Saints using Kamara as their primary slot receiver and getting him only about 5 to 7 carries a game (about half of what he's been getting the last 3 seasons).

9 hours ago, wolves111 said:

Copied from my previous post. Thought it deserved it's own talking point:

Arrogant, immature, bombastic, yes. Dedicated, humble, determined , not so much. 

7 hours ago, wolves111 said:

Yes. Those seven years you spent in high school are paying dividends...

I'm gonna say you have Zeke well pegged, and the phrase "it takes one to know one" is alive and well.