Cdub100

I blew my knee out last week.

17 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

So the Doctor is referring me to his partner because this is "beyond" him.

-MCL is torn, but the good news is it's where the blood comes in and can repair itself

- My knee cap was jammed into my bone causing a fracture or bruise... I don't remember what he said.

He kept saying my knee is trashed but didn't give me more info. I guess I'll know more with this other guy. Next appointment Monday. 

I'd definitely seek another opinion after the DR's partner looks at you.  MCL's aren't that bad.  Which bone did he say the knee cap (patella), the Femur, Fibula, or Tibia?

My guess is that it's NOT the Fibula, it's too small of a bone and a lot of damage would've occupied this outside of just an MCL tear.  Maybe it is "trashed".  It's highly unlikely though because you'd be in a lot more pain.

Did you tear the Patellar tendon or no?  If not, your knee cap is probably under the Tibia.  That's not all that terrible depending on the damage to the knee cap itself.  That's a very small bone.  While tough, if you really damage it bad enough, a knee replacement may be your only recourse.

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'd definitely seek another opinion after the DR's partner looks at you.  MCL's aren't that bad.  Which bone did he say the knee cap (patella), the Femur, Fibula, or Tibia?

My guess is that it's NOT the Fibula, it's too small of a bone and a lot of damage would've occupied this outside of just an MCL tear.  Maybe it is "trashed".  It's highly unlikely though because you'd be in a lot more pain.

Did you tear the Patellar tendon or no?  If not, your knee cap is probably under the Tibia.  That's not all that terrible depending on the damage to the knee cap itself.  That's a very small bone.  While tough, if you really damage it bad enough, a knee replacement may be your only recourse.

I'm pretty sure he said femur. I don't recall him saying I tore that either. He just said MCL.

That's why I'm confused It didn't sound so bad....

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I'm pretty sure he said femur. I don't recall him saying I tore that either. He just said MCL.

That's why I'm confused It didn't sound so bad....

That is confusing.  The Patellar Tendon is very tough to tear, but it's more likely if the Patella is under the Femur (and jammed), that's a long stretch for that tendon.  Something doesn't sound right because as you said, it doesn't sound that bad to be as bad as he claimed.  I'd definitely seek a second opinion... well, maybe third, if you count his partner as a second opinion.

These guys are orthopedic surgeon's, right?  Not just some regular GP?  Just want to make sure.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That is confusing.  The Patellar Tendon is very tough to tear, but it's more likely if the Patella is under the Femur (and jammed), that's a long stretch for that tendon.  Something doesn't sound right because as you said, it doesn't sound that bad to be as bad as he claimed.  I'd definitely seek a second opinion... well, maybe third, if you count his partner as a second opinion.

These guys are orthopedic surgeon's, right?  Just want to make sure.

Yes...

And I'm probably not explaining it right. I'm going to video or take a notebook with me next Monday. The doc had already decided he was sending me to the other guy so he didn't spend too much time with me.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Yes...

And I'm probably not explaining it right. I'm going to video or take a notebook with me next Monday. The doc had already decided he was sending me to the other guy so he didn't spend too much time with me.

Hopefully the new guy is better at his job than the first guy.

New Doctor said it was the same thing that happened to Patrick Maholm's. 

- Petela dislocation

- Gastric(sp) Strain/partial tear

- Bone bruise on the femur

Doc said I won't need surgery, just PT.

I have an appointment for a second opinion Thursday.

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

Would you like a third opinion?  Stop acting like you're twenty.

Make me.

run down to the morgue, grab a fresh cadaver, rip out some ligaments, jam them in your knee then put a little ice on it.  

18 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

run down to the morgue, grab a fresh cadaver, rip out some ligaments, jam them in your knee then put a little ice on it.  

I'm just going to inject Stem cells 

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

DND

Thats good news overall.

I'll be in the DL for 6-8 weeks. Pick me up in the 8th or 9th and I'll push your team into the playoffs and win you that trophy.