Sign in to follow this  
TBayXXXVII

My early draft

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Just showing that week end and out kelce sometimes does get out performed. 

I will never own any of the top Te or qbs , I simply don’t draft them that high. 

That happens to everybody though.

The difference between Kelce and Waller last season was three points per game, I would rather have the better player one round earlier. 

Just now, weepaws said:

The difference between Kelce and Waller last season was three points per game, I would rather have the better player one round earlier. 

Me too.

15 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

This is a blanket argument that doesn't really apply to the situation.

• Round 1 - Aaron Jones is a projected RB1
  • Round 3 - Terry McLaurin is a projected WR1
  • Round 4 - CeeDee Lamb is a projected WR2 (in 10-team leagues)
  • Round 5 - Myles Gaskin is a projected RB3 (as is Harris who was a 12th round keeper)
  • Round 6 - Diontae Johnson is a projected WR2 who will be our flex.

We're were never a round/slot behind at any point, even with taking Kelce at 2.01.  We think Gaskin and Harris will be an RB2.  If they don't pan out, then so be it.

The blanket argument applies, but the way to defeat the argument is to hit on guys who are going to perform above their ADPs, like when you got Lamb (a WR1) in the 4th round.  The argument just demonstrates that you start out behind the 8-ball in that respect, until you are able to overcome it with shrewd picks.

You also din't take Kelce in the first, but in the second, so you at least got a RB1 to start with.  If you'd gone Kelce in Round 1, as the strategy I was debunking describes, you'd have Joe Mixon as your RB1.

Most people won't be able to overcome it with shrewd picks, either--they'll be the ones with guys like Gaskin at RB2, trying to compete with guys like Najee Harris at RB2.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

That happens to everybody though.

It sure does. 

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

You also din't take Kelce in the first, but in the second, so you at least got a RB1 to start with.  If you'd gone Kelce in Round 1, as the strategy I was debunking describes, you'd have Joe Mixon as your RB1.

Mixon was taken before we took Jones.

If we took Kelce in the first, we would have gotten Jones in the 2nd.  We had the wrap around pick.

23 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Mixon was taken before we took Jones.

If we took Kelce in the first, we would have gotten Jones in the 2nd.  We had the wrap around pick.

Just like with the blanket rule, you're trying to refute overarching principles with specific examples.

For most drafters, Aaron Jones won't be an option in the second half of the first round, let alone in the second round.

Drafting with chimps does simplify things a bit.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:22 PM, AxeElf said:

Drafting with chimps does simplify things a bit.

So I just signed up with underdog and did my first best ball draft today. 1 QB league normal scoring. 50$ 12tm..Got Henry 5th overall but thats not important.

I have to talk about 3 teams of the 12 that stick out…1 guy drafted CMC and then 4 QB in a row! Look I understand best ball rules but you only get points for 1 QB my guy! Rest of his team would make you sick.

2nd guy drafted 3 QB, Lance, Fields, Teddy. What if none of those guys start soon brah?! Sure a couple will but I’m just sayin…

Ok so 3rd guy I have to talk about drafted himself 1 total QB…JUST DESHAUN WATSON! My duuuuude what are you doing?! I’m of the mind he starts and plays but brooooo you feel me?

5 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

So I just signed up with underdog and did my first best ball draft today. 1 QB league normal scoring. 50$ 12tm..Got Henry 5th overall but thats not important.

I have to talk about 3 teams of the 12 that stick out…1 guy drafted CMC and then 4 QB in a row! Look I understand best ball rules but you only get points for 1 QB my guy! Rest of his team would make you sick.

2nd guy drafted 3 QB, Lance, Fields, Teddy. What if none of those guys start soon brah?! Sure a couple will but I’m just sayin…

Ok so 3rd guy I have to talk about drafted himself 1 total QB…JUST DESHAUN WATSON! My duuuuude what are you doing?! I’m of the mind he starts and plays but brooooo you feel me?

Man, I've been trying to tell you guys... the salmon are running in these best ball leagues.  Half of them have no idea about best ball strategy, roster construction, etc.

Best ball leagues are great.  Mock drafts that you get to track throughout the season, and pay you off at the end if you're good enough.  All the fun of drafting, competing and winning, without the hangover of weekly waivers and lineups.  It's like birth control for fantasy football.

Just finished an 8 team league draft, 0.5 ppr, rest is standard scoring. I drew the #1 pick randomly. I don't normally like the number 1 overall pick but think I ended up with a pretty good draft. Results:

Rd.1- RB Christian McCaffrey.                                   Rd.2- DeAndre Hopkins.                                           Rd.3- D.K. Metcalf.                                                    Rd.4- David Montgomery.                                         Rd. 5- Patrick Mahomes.                                         Rd.6-Darrell Henderson.                                           Rd.7- DJ Moore.                                                         Rd.8- TJ Hockenson.                                                 Rd.9- Mike Davis.                                                       Rd.10- Deebo Samuel.                                               Rd.11- Javonte Williams.                                         Rd.12- Courtland Sutton.                                         Rd.13- Ryan Tannehill.                                              Rd.14- Cleveland Brown's.                                        Rd.15- Matt Gay

I like my QB's and WR's and my RB's aren't bad. Hockenson can be a top 5 TE.Cleveland Def. can be top 10. Kicker-.meh. Overall I think I have a team that can contend for a league title.

1 hour ago, DocNiner said:

Just finished an 8 team league draft, 0.5 ppr, rest is standard scoring. I drew the #1 pick randomly. I don't normally like the number 1 overall pick but think I ended up with a pretty good draft. Results:

Rd.1- RB Christian McCaffrey.                                   Rd.2- DeAndre Hopkins.                                           Rd.3- D.K. Metcalf.                                                    Rd.4- David Montgomery.                                         Rd. 5- Patrick Mahomes.                                         Rd.6-Darrell Henderson.                                           Rd.7- DJ Moore.                                                         Rd.8- TJ Hockenson.                                                 Rd.9- Mike Davis.                                                       Rd.10- Deebo Samuel.                                               Rd.11- Javonte Williams.                                         Rd.12- Courtland Sutton.                                         Rd.13- Ryan Tannehill.                                              Rd.14- Cleveland Brown's.                                        Rd.15- Matt Gay

I like my QB's and WR's and my RB's aren't bad. Hockenson can be a top 5 TE.Cleveland Def. can be top 10. Kicker-.meh. Overall I think I have a team that can contend for a league title.

That's solid.  In an 8-team league, depending on how many guys you start, I generally go RB-RB.  The WR is really deep and there's no need to take a QB before the 10th round.  I have my office league coming up next week and that's an 8-team league again this year (hopefully we get 10 next year).  Anyway, I have the 1st pick as well, I'll be curious as to what happens.  I'm going to see if I can trade out of the slot. 

Did another 8 team league draft. Don't like this roster as much as my previous one but think I could still end up in the playoffs where anything can happen.

QB- Rodgers, Burrow

RB- Henry, N.Harris, Montgomery, Jav.Williams, M.Davis

WR- Diggs, Jefferson, DJ Moore, Kupp, J.Chase

TE- Kelce

PK- Tucker

D/ST- Tampa Bay Buccaneers

On 8/28/2021 at 8:49 AM, DocNiner said:

Did another 8 team league draft. Don't like this roster as much as my previous one but think I could still end up in the playoffs where anything can happen.

QB- Rodgers, Burrow

RB- Henry, N.Harris, Montgomery, Jav.Williams, M.Davis

WR- Diggs, Jefferson, DJ Moore, Kupp, J.Chase

TE- Kelce

PK- Tucker

D/ST- Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Really?  I like this one a little better.  Good luck. :thumbsup: