Sign in to follow this  
nobody

FFToday IDP rankings

Let me offer some suggestions for your rankings.  Here is a link for reference...

https://fftoday.com/rankings/playerproj.php?PosID=60

1. Micah Parsons at 40 is way too low.  He's taking Jaylon Smith's spot and Jaylon and Vander Esch are likely to split time. 
  2. Speaking of Jaylon Smith, we have him too high at 9 overall.  I know he was a monster last year, but Micah is going to cut into his tackle opportunities severely.  Keep in mind they have Keanu Neal playing linebacker now, too, so they're likely going to play Micah and Neal in nickel.  JAylon got those snaps last year.
  3. We need to find a spot for Bobby Okereke.  Anthony Walker left, and Okereke is taking his role.  Barring injury, he should at least be in the top 30
  4. Eric Wilson is probably about 10 spots too low.  He's going to outscore Singleton at least.

Let's start here and go from there.

I assume that Foyesade Oluokun missing is an oversight. Last year in balanced scoring he had the same number of points per game as Fred Warner, Lavonte David, or Eric Wilson. He is going to be a 3 down linebacker again and the Atlanta defense will see a ton of snaps this year. He is only 26 years old and is an ascending player. I would not be surprised to see him finish again as a low end LB 1/high end LB2.

My favorite sleeper is Dre Greenlaw. I could see him being a sneaky LB2/3 that is basically free at this point.

Edit, I just checked fftoday scoring Oloukun was 8th in whatever scoring system you use. The situation is great, how is he missing from the projections.

https://fftoday.com/stats/playerstats.php?Season=2020&GameWeek=&PosID=60

Agree on both counts.  Dre Greenlaw should be in the top 50 for sure.  He's in coverage a lot so I know he needs to be discounted, but he'll probably end up with 70 solos and another 30 assists.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

IDP is kind of like playing with six Kickers.

That is probably what it looks like to someone who does not research IDP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

That is probably what it looks like to someone who does not research IDP.

No, that's what it looks like to someone who has dominated every IDP league he's ever been in--to the point of complete and utter boredom with the format--by not caring who I draft, and just picking up the emerging studs from the waiver wire.  It's exactly the same strategy I would use if we started six Kickers.  I wouldn't care who I drafted, and I'd just pick up better ones off the wire as they became available.  There are just dozens of IDPs that all score essentially the same every week.  It's a completely strategy-free format.

Just now, AxeElf said:

No, that's what it looks like to someone who has dominated every IDP league he's ever been in--to the point of complete and utter boredom with the format--by not caring who I draft, and just picking up the emerging studs from the waiver wire.  It's exactly the same strategy I would use if we started six Kickers.  I wouldn't care who I drafted, and I'd just pick up better ones off the wire as they became available.  There are just dozens of IDPs that all score essentially the same every week.  It's a completely strategy-free format.

To be honest it sounds like you have either been in one of those quasi-IDP leagues that starts 3-6 IDP players or you have been in a league of scrubs. A real IDP league should be starting 8-11 starters on defense and the same number of WW gems emerge as those on offense.

19 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

To be honest it sounds like you have either been in one of those quasi-IDP leagues that starts 3-6 IDP players or you have been in a league of scrubs. A real IDP league should be starting 8-11 starters on defense and the same number of WW gems emerge as those on offense.

To be honest that is indeed the case.  An IDP league to me means that defensive players are included, but sheesh, we only start 6-7 offensive players in fantasy football, plus a couple of special teams--so while I can see how using 8-11 IDPs would at least introduce some element of positional scarcity, it's ironic and ludicrous that it has to be taken to that extreme in order to matter.

And I can't imagine anything more boring than tracking more defensive players on Sundays than offensive players.

10 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

To be honest that is indeed the case.  An IDP league to me means that defensive players are included, but sheesh, we only start 6-7 offensive players in fantasy football, plus a couple of special teams--so while I can see how using 8-11 IDPs would at least introduce some element of positional scarcity, it's ironic and ludicrous that it has to be taken to that extreme in order to matter.

And I can't imagine anything more boring that tracking more defensive players on Sundays than offensive players.

I just checked my leagues, excluding kickers below are the number of offensive starters, having 8-11 would make it even, not more.

12 team dynasty: 9 starters

14 team dynasty: 9 starters

12 team dynasty:  (all fftoday memebers) 8 starters

12 team redraft: 7 starters

IBL redraft: 7 starters

8-11 starters is needed at a minimum because you have so many more starters at each position compared to offense. There are 64 starting WR's, however there are 128 starting DB's, there are 32 starting RB's, however assuming a mix of 3-4 and 4-3 there are 112 starting linebackers, there are 32 starting TE's, however there are 112 starting defensinve lineman.

You can't have less starter positions, because almost half of the offense does not score fantasy points, where as that is not the case on defense. You need more starters on defense.

9 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

12 team redraft: 7 starters

IBL redraft: 7 starters

Like I said, 6-7 offensive starters.  Some leagues add another flex.

10 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

8-11 starters is needed at a minimum because you have so many more starters at each position compared to offense. There are 64 starting WR's, however there are 128 starting DB's, there are 32 starting RB's, however assuming a mix of 3-4 and 4-3 there are 112 starting linebackers, there are 32 starting TE's, however there are 112 starting defensinve lineman.

Hence my point about normal IDP leagues being like playing with 6 Kickers.

Whatever reasons you may put forward for IDP leagues having to be more inane than non-IDP leagues, the fact still remains that they are.

FYSA, I sent three trade offers for our number 9 LB, Jaylon Smith, in my dynasty league.

1. Smith for Harrison Butker - no answer
  2. Smith for Taylor Bass and a 4th (I don't like this guy so I taxed him a little extra) - rejected
  3. Smith for Younghoe Koo - rejected

Now it's hard to trade in this league.  You really need to overpay if you want someone, but essentially, in my league, Jaylon Smith isn't even worth the drop from a top 5 kicker to a top 15 kicker.

On 8/20/2021 at 10:33 PM, Mike FF Today said:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll pass this along to Antonio.

Question... both Jason Pierre Paul and Shaquille Barrett are listed as OLB.  Why is JPP ranked as a DL and Barrett as a LB?  Just curious.

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Question... both Jason Pierre Paul and Shaquille Barrett are listed as OLB.  Why is JPP ranked as a DL and Barrett as a LB?  Just curious.

Where are you seeing Jason Pierre Paul listed as a LB? His player page is showing DL.

Ohh, you mean the Bucs are listing him as an LB? If so, we mirror Myfantasyleague for player position designations. 

44 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Where are you seeing Jason Pierre Paul listed as a LB? His player page is showing DL.

Ohh, you mean the Bucs are listing him as an LB? If so, we mirror Myfantasyleague for player position designations. 

Yes.  On Tampa's website, he's listed as an OLB.

I gotchya. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

We have Keanu Neal wrong then.  He's an LB on mfl.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

We have Keanu Neal wrong then.  He's an LB on mfl.

Yep, Neal along with a few others are in the process of being updated. Neal will be in the LB rankings in our next update on Thursday.

Justin Houston, BAL: DE to LB
Keanu Neal, DAL: S to LB
Juwan Johnson, NO: WR to TE
Melvin Ingram, PIT: DE to LB
Chris Smith, BAL: DE to LB (not projected)

Both of the below guys are missing from the top 50 and I would have them in my top 50, but not as big of oversight as either Foyesade or Dre Greenlaw.

Logan Wilson should be the 3 down linebacker in Cinci which would put him trending towards a top 50 season. He was ranked 105 as a rookie, but he missed games and was not an every down guy.

It looks like Krys Barnes is going to wear the dot in green bay and should have a 3 down role, this would put him on pace for a top 50 season with some upside to finish in the top 30, just due to lack of competition and the opportunity.

Antonio here...I've been working on the update for tomorrow and there are a few additions to the rankings. Oluokun was listed as an FA by mistake (must have updated the wrong excel cell) so he wasn't listed in the rankings but I already had projections in there pretty close to the suggested tackle totals.

The DAL LB situation has been updated after Jaylen Smith's awful last two preseason games. He's horrendous.

I'm plenty comfortable with where we have Krys Barnes and the consensus rankings across all the IDP sites agree. Some guys just don't lap up all the extras that get you into the Top 25.

I actually have Schobert's tackle totals taking a dip in PIT, even with him commanding the defense as MIKE. Lots of god players there.

I like the consensus on Greenlaw. Solid upside, he's bumped up a couple spots.

Bobby Okereke WAS actually in our rankings, and has been since the initial projections. He's had an upgrade in this week's rankings, but I don't have him in my top 30, and neither does the IDP consensus (#43 in most recent). Leonard just scoops up too many of those tackles.

The Eric Wilson/Alex Singleton situation is very FLUID right now so I'm going to keep them where they are for now, but these rankings are general guidelines based on projections/depth/scheme/consensus and you have every right to draft guys where you think they should be drafted. I haven't seen anything to suggest Wilson will outscore or outtackle Singleton at this point. If you find a bunch of sources that say otherwise, please list them and I'll vet them out.

Hope this helps to clear things up....I'll try to pop in here more to check up on things you guys spot to keep this thing current from week-to-week. As you can imagine, when you have to worry about 360+ players, it can get a little hectic when the news on IDP is not quite as accessible in the main news articles. I appreciate the help and notes in here very much! Thanks all!!

- Antonio D. AKA louislipps

• Like 1