Sign in to follow this  
rottytiny

Any thoughts on injured players or deep sleepers for next season to grab as keepers this week?

I'm looking for thoughts on players that may be currently injured or deep sleepers for next season that i can grab off waivers this week. In a salary cap keeper league and Im out of it this season but have this week to make waiver moves.  Juju is on the wire and etienne too.   Anybody have any deep sleepers to maybe take a shot on for next season? I have the ability to cut guys in August before the draft so the only loss is the $ for the move.  Thanks in advance

When you say deep, how deep are you talking? Teams and roster size will help. 

I would never count Etienne and Dobbins as a deep sleeper for example.

So, my guess that the obvious ones, like previously mentioned are already on rosters, so I'll throw a couple guys that may be available on waivers....

Josh Palmer.... I think he's a talented guy who may be a viable WR3 with WR2 upside next year.  With Mike Williams being a free agent, I'm not so sure the Chargers bring him back.

Tyler Johnson.... I have a feeling that the Bucs are going to let Godwin test the market and head off to another team.  I also think they'll part ways with Antonio Brown.  The Bucs like him and I believe they'll be content with moving him into Godwin's role.

Ronald Jones... He's a free agent and I'm pretty confident the Bucs will let him walk, though, I'd prefer they keep him.  Anyway, if he goes elsewhere, I can see him being a solid fit for a starter role in Houston, Buffalo, and Atlanta.

DeShaun Watson. Still has ‘t been charged criminally.  If it’s just civil, the NFL can’t do much to him. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

DeShaun Watson. Still has ‘t been charged criminally.  If it’s just civil, the NFL can’t do much to him. 

I think they can if they want to.  I guess the question is whether the NFL wants to.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So, my guess that the obvious ones, like previously mentioned are already on rosters, so I'll throw a couple guys that may be available on waivers....

Josh Palmer.... I think he's a talented guy who may be a viable WR3 with WR2 upside next year.  With Mike Williams being a free agent, I'm not so sure the Chargers bring him back.

Tyler Johnson.... I have a feeling that the Bucs are going to let Godwin test the market and head off to another team.  I also think they'll part ways with Antonio Brown.  The Bucs like him and I believe they'll be content with moving him into Godwin's role.

Ronald Jones... He's a free agent and I'm pretty confident the Bucs will let him walk, though, I'd prefer they keep him.  Anyway, if he goes elsewhere, I can see him being a solid fit for a starter role in Houston, Buffalo, and Atlanta.

I think it makes sense for Tampa to let some guys go.   but it will come down to a number of things.  one of those things would be Brady, his preferences (if he stays)

fair chance Jones gets to go somewhere else to either be a #1 RB on a bad team or a 1A RB (more likely the latter)   as for the rest, your logic is sound, but I wouldnt want to bet on it haha.

56 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I think they can if they want to.  I guess the question is whether the NFL wants to.

True. May be worth it though. I could see a 4 game suspension. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

True. May be worth it though. I could see a 4 game suspension. 

It is also a case where there was no need to be in a rush to make a call on the matter.  he was not playing.  not getting paid.   if he reported to camp, then the NFL would (in theory)need to make a call on that matter.

especially if there is a public outcry from womens groups and such.