Sign in to follow this  
Pimpadeaux

Republican Accountability Project

10 minutes ago, Horseman said:

You will feel it.  Unless you are independently wealthy, have more money than you need in retirement.  Anybody that is still working trying to make money will feel it.  Fuel - energy - raises the cost of EVERYTHING.  You can't manufacture, distribute or even turn on the lights without energy.  

Sure you've got money in the bank and can still buy everything you want even if it does cost more, but, that ultimately pushes your path to being independently wealthy down the road.

To the point, yeah the poors, the people who struggle to keep the lights on at all are going to struggle a lot more than those irritated by an eclectic bill 25% more than normal. 

I was being sarcastic in a way. That said, I actually won't feel it in the way the people that the liberals are claiming to be fighting for will feel it. So I agree with you and I feel bad for people who want to start up businesses etc..

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I live in the outer suburbs . Many people I live near commute 100 miles per day, 50 each way. If you get 20 mpg, that’s an increase of 70 dollars a week from when it was 2 and change. 3000 dollars a year out the window, with nothing to show for it. Then there is heating your home and increased electric costs. Talking 5k a year that just disappears. 

That commute alone is a 3% cost of living increase if you make 100K a year.

Just now, Horseman said:

That commute alone is a 3% cost of living increase if you make 100K a year.

Yup.  And it did not have to be this way, or at least this bad.  Some increase? Sure. This crazy? Nope. Engineered. 

11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I was being sarcastic in a way. That said, I actually won't feel it in the way the people that the liberals are claiming to be fighting for will feel it. So I agree with you and I feel bad for people who want to start up businesses etc..

I know.  I keep thinking if I spell it out better for some of the mentally challenged posters (not you) it might sink in, wishful thinking. 

6 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Another uneducated post.  Making that statement requires you to believe that $7.00 gas is normal during travel season.  HTH.

Supply and demand is Economics 101, skippy. Demand precipitously dropped off thanks to COVID. Traveling and everyday human movement came crashing to an almost complete halt worldwide.

Gas consumption plummeted, as did the demand for oil-based products in general. People weren't shopping as much.

Check out this list of oil-based products:

But COVID also affected manufacturing and the supply chain.

Pent-up demand has exploded, and supply hasn't completely caught up to it. When that happens, prices go up. Exploding demand plus compromised supply.

Feel free to blame Biden for expediting the vaccine rollout to create that demand, picking up the balls that Clownzo dropped, but I'm sure you'd prefer lower gas prices and more COVID deaths.

Hard-headed dumbasses such as you, with your brain all polluted with biased politics, can't process something whose basics get taught in elementary school.

Here is an article about how economics gets taught in elementary school:

https://www.socialstudies.org/sites/default/files/publications/yl/1102/110202.html

The last time we had super-high gas prices was during a Republican administration in the 2000s. It was caused by supply and demand. Here is some information on it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000s_energy_crisis#:~:text=Great Recession&text=Commentators attributed these price increases,peak oil%2C and financial speculation.

There also was that oil crisis in the 1970s, also during a Republican administration.

Here is some information on that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1970s_energy_crisis#:~:text=The 1970s energy crisis occurred,as well as elevated prices.&text=The crisis led to stagnant,countries as oil prices surged.

Educate yourself for a change and quit wasting my time.

8 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I know.  I keep thinking if I spell it out better for some of the mentally challenged posters (not you) it might sink in, wishful thinking. 

Wishful thinking. Agreed. But it won't happen on this board. I could see conservatives conceding some things, but liberals, no focking way after Trump got into their heads. It may take 100s of years for liberals to rid themselves of that TDS shlt. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Supply and demand is Economics 101, skippy. Demand precipitously dropped off thanks to COVID. Traveling and everyday human movement came crashing to an almost complete halt worldwide.

Gas consumption plummeted, as did the demand for oil-based products in general. People weren't shopping as much.

Check out this list of oil-based products:

But COVID also affected manufacturing and the supply chain.

Pent-up demand has exploded, and supply hasn't completely caught up to it. When that happens, prices go up. Exploding demand plus compromised supply.

Feel free to blame Biden for expediting the vaccine rollout to create that demand, picking up the balls that Clownzo dropped, but I'm sure you'd prefer lower gas prices and more COVID deaths.

Hard-headed dumbasses such as you, with your brain all polluted with biased politics, can't process something whose basics get taught in elementary school.

Here is an article about how economics gets taught in elementary school:

https://www.socialstudies.org/sites/default/files/publications/yl/1102/110202.html

The last time we had super-high gas prices was during a Republican administration in the 2000s. It was caused by supply and demand. Here is some information on it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000s_energy_crisis#:~:text=Great Recession&text=Commentators attributed these price increases,peak oil%2C and financial speculation.

There also was that oil crisis in the 1970s, also during a Republican administration.

Here is some information on that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1970s_energy_crisis#:~:text=The 1970s energy crisis occurred,as well as elevated prices.&text=The crisis led to stagnant,countries as oil prices surged.

Educate yourself for a change and quit wasting my time.

You should be giving Economic 101 classes to Dementia Joe for not being able to predict this and act accordingly, let alone doing the exact opposite compounding the issues.  Shouting "this is how supply and demand works" from the rooftop doesn't defect from how bad he's handled the situation as much as you think it does.  HTH.  

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Wishful thinking. Agreed. But it won't happen on this board. I could see conservatives conceding some things, but liberals, no focking way after Trump got into their heads. It may take 100s of years for liberals to rid themselves of that TDS shlt. 

What this board needs is a Utittybaby99 Accountability Project in hopes of creating a smarter, at least occasionally funny Utittybaby99.

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

You should be giving Economic 101 classes to Dementia Joe for not being able to predict this and act accordingly, let alone doing the exact opposite exasperating the issues.  HTH.  

He still wants to pass a $5 trillion bill and he thinks it will help with inflation. 

All that guy does is work on focking up this nation for the next president because he knows it won't be him. 

He was spiteful against Trump, now he's spiteful against whoever follows him. 

You would think at these prices domestic oil drilling and looking for new wells wouid be waaaay up. Is it? If not, why not? Supply and demand, the demand end , would dictate it should be and we should see some relief down the road. Does anyone know? 

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

You should be giving Economic 101 classes to Dementia Joe for not being able to predict this and act accordingly, let alone doing the exact opposite exasperating the issues.  HTH.  

Here is an article explaining gas prices:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-30/fact-checking-the-finger-pointing-on-high-gasoline-prices

The U.S. oil industry is still producing less crude than it did before the pandemic curtailed travel and cratered demand for fuel. Even as demand returns, oil companies are keeping production flat while using profits to reward shareholders.

Read that article, Hoserman. It explains everything.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

He still wants to pass a $5 trillion bill and he thinks it will help with inflation. 

All that guy does is work on focking up this nation for the next president because he knows it won't be him. 

He was spiteful against Trump, now he's spiteful against whoever follows him. 

Yes.  But let's be real.  You mean the woke DNC behind the curtain of this Weekend at Bernie's puppet of a president.  Biden can't even put together coherent sentences when the told to read off a teleprompter or his note cards.  He has no clue what's going on.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You would think at these prices domestic oil drilling and looking for new wells wouid be waaaay up. Is it? If not, why not? Supply and demand, the demand end , would dictate it should be and we should see some relief down the road. Does anyone know? 

Because oil companies are loving the profits they're making. They want you to pay more so they make more.

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Yes.  But let's be real.  You mean the woke DNC behind the curtain of this Weekend at Bernie's puppet of a president.  Biden can't even put together coherent sentences when the told to read off a teleprompter or his note cards.  He has no clue what's going on.

This is 100% factual. Not even a liberal can deny it. 

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Here is an article explaining gas prices:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-30/fact-checking-the-finger-pointing-on-high-gasoline-prices

Read that article, Hoserman. It explains everything.

Bloomberg.  Hmmmm, where have I heard that name before?  🤣

You can't possibly be that ret@rded.  

I do commend you for trying though, much better than your But Trump! tirades that filled the past couple of pages so I take back the ret@rded comment. 

3 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Because oil companies are loving the profits they're making. They want you to pay more so they make more.

I’ll accept that’s part of it. But it can’t be all of it. Do the restrictions that were put in place play a role? 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It is coming, but the supply side is still a year plus off is I was to guess. In the below graph you can see the trajectory that the rig count is taking. We already have 8% more rigs than we did a couple months ago and that is going to keep going up.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/crude-oil-rigs

However, from the time a rig comes online until a well is producing takes time. A good rig in west texas would drill a well in 2 weeks last time i checked and a slow rig would take 3 weeks. Most of these newer rigs would be on the slow side you assume. Since all the rig workers that survived the massive downturn (30%+ layoffs) were some of the better employees.

Now, that 3 weeks is up, we have a well drilled. Then you have to build the necessary top hole infrastructure and either pipe it into existing lines or hire people to truck it. This takes time to ramp up.

Then you have the fact that once you drill a well in West Texas, North Dakota, etc they do not last forever. The below article is explains this, so some of the new wells are just to keep the current production online.

https://www.desmog.com/2019/01/10/fracking-shale-oil-wells-drying-faster-predicted-wall-street-journal/

We do have the benefit that i believe most every country is trying to ramp up production and cash in on this.  My wild ass guess is that we have at least 18 more months of high energy prices. However, with the price of oil you never know. There are many people smarter than me that study this for a living that cannot guess booms and busts.

10 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

It is coming, but the supply side is still a year plus off is I was to guess. In the below graph you can see the trajectory that the rig count is taking. We already have 8% more rigs than we did a couple months ago and that is going to keep going up.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/crude-oil-rigs

However, from the time a rig comes online until a well is producing takes time. A good rig in west texas would drill a well in 2 weeks last time i checked and a slow rig would take 3 weeks. Most of these newer rigs would be on the slow side you assume. Since all the rig workers that survived the massive downturn (30%+ layoffs) were some of the better employees.

Now, that 3 weeks is up, we have a well drilled. Then you have to build the necessary top hole infrastructure and either pipe it into existing lines or hire people to truck it. This takes time to ramp up.

Then you have the fact that once you drill a well in West Texas, North Dakota, etc they do not last forever. The below article is explains this, so some of the new wells are just to keep the current production online.

https://www.desmog.com/2019/01/10/fracking-shale-oil-wells-drying-faster-predicted-wall-street-journal/

We do have the benefit that i believe most every country is trying to ramp up production and cash in on this.  My wild ass guess is that we have at least 18 more months of high energy prices. However, with the price of oil you never know. There are many people smarter than me that study this for a living that cannot guess booms and busts.

You had said something before about the computer chips. When does that get resolved? And thanks, you’re the only one who brings in all aspects of this. Politically speaking, 18 months is a nightmare for the democrats. They must really need opecs help? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You had said something before about the computer chips. When does that get resolved? And thanks, you’re the only one who brings in all aspects of this. Politically speaking, 18 months is a nightmare for the democrats. They must really need opecs help? 

I am not sure when the computer chip issue will be resolved, I am a peon in a company with 100k+ employees. There was a single presentation on that subject a few months ago by someone high up in manufacturing.

My long time college buddy who i still ski with every time i go to denver works on a rig in west texas(2 weeks on/2 weeks off). Of course during our ski trip 2 weeks ago we talked extensively about the oil industry. He works on a Colgate Energy drilling rig and from his understanding the oil companies are having an extremely difficult time finding workers to ramp up. They can't find enough workers to bring the rigs online that they want to.

In my opinion this is to be expected. In the last 7 years I have seen 2 downturns where 30%+ of our company was laid off. During the 2015 downturn there was a time that me and 1 other person were the only people working on an entire office building floor. 100+ cubicles, 40+ offices, 2 guys.

Stuff like that happens too many times and it is difficult to attract those with experience back into industry. I know i want out.

As to your other point, the democrats are focked, and there is nothing they can do. They will lose the house this year, the only question is by how much. Possibly the senate as well, i do not know who is up for seats.

Didn't read the thread much to see if anyone mentioned it.  1 of Obama's guys said Biden telling people supply chain problems caused inflation is disingenuous. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’ll accept that’s part of it. But it can’t be all of it. Do the restrictions that were put in place play a role? 

Whacking the Keystone and Biden's energy policies here and abroad did affect prices, so Biden did play a part of it. 

A big part of the low gas prices before COVID had to do with there being an oil war with the Middle East, and Trump won that one. 

The Saudis gambled when they opened the flood gates, and it bit them in the ass.

• Haha 1