https://framed.wtf

:dunno:

17 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Wordle 889 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My most frequently used 3rd word was available and delivered a gift-wrapped answer.

I change starting words all the time, there's no pattern, but a lot of timesΒ 'dumpy' is sitting there after two with all its letters unused. It's easily my most commonly usedΒ word even though I never plan to use itΒ and it only comes up as a clean-up time third guess. I had a green 'e' and a yellow 'i', could be a bajillion things... 'dumpy' took me directly to 'guide.'

Wordle 891 5/6*

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 

Framed #626
πŸŽ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯

I've never seen it but the fourth frame gave me an idea what it was. Just couldn't think of the title.Β 

Wordle 891 2/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wild guess pays off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wordle 891 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Wordle 891 2/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wild guess pays off.

Wow!!! Awesome πŸ‘πŸ½Β 

Wordle 891 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Took s shot at three but still too many things.

Wordle 892 6/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟨🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 

That was close!Β :o

Β 

Framed #627
πŸŽ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

Wordle 892 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 892 3/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟨⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I've been using really random words lately with some great results.Β  :dunno:

Framed #627
πŸŽ₯ πŸŸ₯ 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

Wordle 892 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

For the first time ever, I feel that I'veΒ cheated a little. Normally I come into this thread after I go there to solve the puzzle. Not very frequentlyΒ and until today, what you guys guess hasn't influence me.Β Today, not so. Today,Β  I came in here first and saw what happened to 5-Points and thought "Oh, Sh*t!" so I went in and picked some words that featured less frequently used letters and it paid off really well.

41 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Wordle 892 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

For the first time ever, I feel that I'veΒ cheated a little. Normally I come into this thread after I go there to solve the puzzle. Not very frequentlyΒ and until today, what you guys guess hasn't influence me.Β Today, not so. Today,Β  I came in here first and saw what happened to 5-Points and thought "Oh, Sh*t!" so I went in and picked some words that featured less frequently used letters and it paid off really well.

We kind of touched on this the other day. Since all the regulars have posted today, I'll go ahead with some spoilers.Β 

Getting the E on my first guess forced me to choose words that end in E. But how many friggin words end in E? :wall:

It wasn't until my fourth guess that I uncovered any additional letters. Then I chose SPOKE as my fifth word and got the P in the wrong spot. That was a bit of a relief but I was still nervous about entering that last pick. I didn't see any other options at that point, though.Β 

• Like 1

I started with 'Dumpy' for the first time.

14 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

We kind of touched on this the other day. Since all the regulars have posted today, I'll go ahead with some spoilers.Β 

Getting the E on my first guess forced me to choose words that end in E. But how many friggin words end in E? :wall:

It wasn't until my fourth guess that I uncovered any additional letters. Then I chose SPOKE as my fifth word and got the P in the wrong spot. That was a bit of a relief but I was still nervous about entering that last pick. I didn't see any other options at that point, though.Β 

How long have you been playing on hard?Β 

4 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Looks like August of last year was when I started. I had to go back and look. Page 39 is the first time I see me post a score with an *Β 

Β 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Hell I have enough issues playing on normal, can't imagine how often I would get the word on the hard level...

3 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Looks like August of last year was when I started. I had to go back and look. Page 39 is the first time I see me post a score with an *Β 

Β 

Just :shocking:

2 hours ago, posty said:

Hell I have enough issues playing on normal, can't imagine how often I would get the word on the hard level...

I know,Β right?Β And he's closing in on 300 days in a row!

I became aware of the hard version a couple of months ago but, like I'd said recently,Β by then IΒ wasΒ alreadyΒ making my own challenge of it based on ratios of 3s : 5s and 2s : 6s, which I am very closeΒ to getting.Β Β Also, as I mentioned then as well, the notion of what I call the "slide of death" which frightens me. There's been at least a half dozen times that I needed to put a tourniquetΒ  on when I had maybe four choices left for one spot and three guesses left. I like that I have a 100% win ratio.

I can't keep aΒ streak going because I miss days, but I can keep that πŸ’― going.

4 hours ago, posty said:

Β 

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Just :shocking:

I know,Β right?Β And he's closing in on 300 days in a row!

It's not really that much harder. Plus it fits my play style better. Even before I switched, I would still use any green or yellow letters in subsequent guesses.Β 

In some ways it makes the game easier by narrowing the possibilities. If you know the third letter is an "I", why waste guesses on words where the third letter isn't an "I"?Β  :dunno:

Sure, it takes longer to develop a guess but by using the letters you've already revealed, you're sure to always have at least those letters correct. Then it's just a matter of putting them in the right positions and guessing correctly on the remaining letters.Β 

Volty's method works well for him, obviously. But I couldn't do it that way. For instance, if I start with ALIVE and I get a yellow E and a yellow L,Β I couldn't bring myself to throw SCOUTΒ out there on the next guess. I'd go with LEVEL and see what that gets me.Β 

Β 

Wordle 893 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Was confident I had a three... until it failed and I had to recalibrate. Picked up an extra letter at least.

11 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Β 

It's not really that much harder. Plus it fits my play style better. Even before I switched, I would still use any green or yellow letters in subsequent guesses.Β 

In some ways it makes the game easier by narrowing the possibilities. If you know the third letter is an "I", why waste guesses on words where the third letter isn't an "I"?Β  :dunno:

Sure, it takes longer to develop a guess but by using the letters you've already revealed, you're sure to always have at least those letters correct. Then it's just a matter of putting them in the right positions and guessing correctly on the remaining letters.Β 

Volty's method works well for him, obviously. But I couldn't do it that way. For instance, if I start with ALIVE and I get a yellow E and a yellow L,Β I couldn't bring myself to throw SCOUTΒ out there on the next guess. I'd go with LEVEL and see what that gets me.Β 

Β 

Yeah, that's something IΒ do often.

And this is an interesting example.

i wouldn't ever guess 'alive' for two reasons. For one, there's too many vowels, I'm not terribly interested in discoveringΒ vowels early on andΒ prefer to pace myself with 2+2. (or 2+1 ifΒ both hit).Β  I'm looking for consonants and along the way with 2+2, I get the vowels for free. SecondΒ 'V' is a letter too infrequently seen for me toΒ guess it.Β 

And then once a consonant is eliminated, I would neverΒ go back and reuse it a second time and next to never for a vowel unless I've boxed myself in or need a tourniquet. Β 

There isΒ something to be said for a word like 'level.'Β Until now, I would have never thought to look for a word like but I recognize that It's quite ingenious in the right circumstance, not after having already eliminatedΒ the 'v.' though.

Wordle 893 5/6*

🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 

Β 

Framed #628
πŸŽ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ 🟩

Never seen it but that last frameΒ gave it away.

58 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Yeah, that's something IΒ do often.

And this is an interesting example.

i wouldn't ever guess 'alive' for two reasons. For one, there's too many vowels, I'm not terribly interested in discoveringΒ vowels early on andΒ prefer to pace myself with 2+2. (or 2+1 ifΒ both hit).Β  I'm looking for consonants and along the way with 2+2, I get the vowels for free. SecondΒ 'V' is a letter too infrequently seen for me toΒ guess it.Β 

And then once a consonant is eliminated, I would neverΒ go back and reuse it a second time and next to never for a vowel unless I've boxed myself in or need a tourniquet. Β 

There isΒ something to be said for a word like 'level.'Β Until now, I would have never thought to look for a word like but I recognize that It's quite ingenious in the right circumstance, not after having already eliminatedΒ the 'v.' though.

Yeah, bad example on my part. I should have used ALONE instead. But you get my methodology.Β 

And to be honest, I'm not sure why I focus more on vowels since there are far more consonants. It's just how my brain works. I want to get the right vowels in place then play with the consonants until I get them right.Β 

Wordle 893 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Framed #628
πŸŽ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ 🟩

2 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Yeah, bad example on my part. I should have used ALONE instead. But you get my methodology.Β 

And to be honest, I'm not sure why I focus more on vowels since there are far more consonants. It's just how my brain works. I want to get the right vowels in place then play with the consonants until I get them right.Β 

I find vowels that are in a puzzle don't help me nearly so much as consonants do. I was thinking, if I were to play on hard, I'd probably choose words that had four consonants, which is the opposite of what you do.

• Like 1

Wordle 893 4/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 893 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 894 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 

Framed #629

Wordle 894 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The words came easily enough... few fit thanks to the green letter.

Wordle 894 4/6

⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

Β 

10 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Wordle 894 2/6

🟨⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Framed #629

Nice duece! :cheers:

Β 

• Thanks 1

Wordle 895 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 895 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 

Β 

Framed #630
πŸŽ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ 🟩 ⬛

Wordle 895 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

3x5, eventually dragged out enough words to guess. Worried it'd be wrong, felt relieved to keep it at four.

Wordle 896 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 

Framed #631
πŸŽ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

Wild guess turned out to be correct.Β 

Wordle 896 5/6

🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜