Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - WR David Bell, Browns

Draft Profile

Team Fit: Bell is the rare big receiver (212 pounds) that wins not only with excellent body control but also with exceptional route-running ability. He plays physically with the ball in his hands and is strong enough to pick up yards after contact (25 missed tackles forced). Unfortunately, his triangle numbers (40-yard dash, vertical and broad jump) reflect the kind of player he is: a not particularly explosive player who lacks suddenness. Ultimately, I choose to believe he is a better athlete than he tested. There is too much nuance to Bell's game to believe he will fail after enjoying such a dominant college career. He'll have to fight Donovan Peoples-Jones for the right to start, but it is hard to imagine Bell finding a better landing spot than Cleveland. He should be considered the frontrunner to start opposite Amari Cooper in a run-centric offense that might be able to feature him in the slot. He has WR5 upside, especially with Deshaun Watson at quarterback now.

Should easily be the Browns wr2.  

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Will be lucky to even get time to start the season.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Will be lucky to even get time to start the season.

Amazing that you really watch these guys play, and yet you know nothing.  

Thanks. 

16 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Amazing that you really watch these guys play, and yet you know nothing.  

Thanks. 

Has way more to do with how little you know than what I know. I hope you draft Bell, the WR 4 on one of the run heaviest teams.😭

7 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Has way more to do with how little you know than what I know. I hope you draft Bell, the WR 4 on one of the run heaviest teams.😭

Opps you can’t read now.  

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

a WR2 on the Browns in real life doesnt mean hes a starter in any format really. 

it might mean hes worth a stash on the bench if you think he will get up to speed quick enough.

for me there are two options.   Grab him in the last round of the draft, or (my preference) do not draft him,  but if he remains on the wire at the end of the draft hes one of those guys you watch closely.  if he shows signs of being a player early, you then go and pick him up. 

for me he fits into the latter category (dont draft him but if hes on the wire, pick him up if he shows signs of breaking out).   

but I can see why some would consider drafting the guy late in their respective drafts (especially deeper drafts) 

Bell will win the wr2 job, but his ff value solely depends on Watson.  

If Watson does play a wr5 is worthy move imo.  

18 hours ago, jrokh said:

Things will likely change with Watson there now (assuming he plays). I wouldn’t assume their WR2 is worthless just because that was the case with Mayfield running the show

48 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Things will likely change with Watson there now (assuming he plays). I wouldn’t assume their WR2 is worthless just because that was the case with Mayfield running the show

I’m not. I’m assuming their WR4 will be mostly useless…

well, the guy needs to win a starting WR position.   if hes a slot WR the upside is lower.   I guess we will need to see how he progresses in camp.   while its nice to speculate, I doubt anyone has a clue where he will be on day one of the regular season.

personally if I had to do a draft today I wouldnt draft him.   but that can easily change if he has a great camp and looks to be a starter.

Bell will win the wr2 job for the Browns, if Watson is the Qb, he’ll be a roster spot.