Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

DeAndre Hopkins banned six games

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

For PEDs:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33844230/sources-arizona-cardinals-wr-deandre-hopkins-suspended-six-games-violating-ped-policy

The Marquise Brown trade makes a little more sense now. But was it a panic move?

I think so, because Brown isn't worth a 1st, let alone a 1st and 3rd.  I'd have just offered up a 3rd and negotiate it down to a 2nd.

I think there is a little less risk here because he played with Murray in College.

so there is a familiarity there.    I agree it was a bit of an overpay, but its an overpay where you know exactly what you are getting.   Murray knows exactly how to use him.  I predict a good year for him.

• Like 1

Wow M Brown now becomes a big target of mind.  

But his adp is going to rise.  

Heard that there's some scuttlebutt in AZ that D-Hop and Murray don't really see eye-eye.  Could be the reason why the Cards are balking at the idea of an extension for Murray.  They also noted that there could be something in the works for Mayfield and to move on from Murray.  If Arizona isn't all that thrilled with Murray, they may not be afraid to not just trade him in-conference to a team like Philly, Carolina or Giants, but also in-division to Seattle.  Houston could be an option too.  Now, I'm not sure that Hopkins would be thrilled to see Mayfield, but a 1-year trial may be ok.  I mean, they'd get at least a #1 next year (maybe more), for Murray.  If (let's be honest here... When), Mayfield doesn't work out, they'll have some draft capital next year to move up if needed.

Looks like Murray is a head case.  

Didn’t he want to be traded earlier this year? 

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Heard that there's some scuttlebutt in AZ that D-Hop and Murray don't really see eye-eye.  Could be the reason why the Cards are balking at the idea of an extension for Murray.  They also noted that there could be something in the works for Mayfield and to move on from Murray.  If Arizona isn't all that thrilled with Murray, they may not be afraid to not just trade him in-conference to a team like Philly, Carolina or Giants, but also in-division to Seattle.  Houston could be an option too.  Now, I'm not sure that Hopkins would be thrilled to see Mayfield, but a 1-year trial may be ok.  I mean, they'd get at least a #1 next year (maybe more), for Murray.  If (let's be honest here... When), Mayfield doesn't work out, they'll have some draft capital next year to move up if needed.

Murray seems like a bit of a head case and diva, but my god you’d probably be pretty dumb to switch him out for Mayfield. I highly, highly doubt there’s anything to this

ok I wanna know how we went from Hopkins testing positive for PED's to Murray being a headcase and being traded because he doesnt get along with Hopkins.

typically if a top QB doesnt get along with someone that someone gets moved.  not the QB.

that said, I dont see Murray getting moved.  they just brought in his old college WR to play with him.  presumably this is a move to make him happy so I dont see him getting moved soon.

50 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I dont see Hopkins getting moved.  they just brought in his old college WR to play with him.

Sammy Watkins?  Martavis Bryant?  Adam Humphries?  Jaron Brown?

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Sammy Watkins?  Martavis Bryant?  Adam Humphries?  Jaron Brown?

sorry typo.  i meant Murray.  not hopkins.  I'll go fix the post

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

ok I wanna know how we went from Hopkins testing positive for PED's to Murray being a headcase and being traded because he doesnt get along with Hopkins.

typically if a top QB doesnt get along with someone that someone gets moved.  not the QB.

that said, I dont see Murray getting moved.  they just brought in his old college WR to play with him.  presumably this is a move to make him happy so I dont see him getting moved soon.

I’m sure you’re right, but didn’t Murray ask to be traded earlier this year? I think he is a head case imo.  

18 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I’m sure you’re right, but didn’t Murray ask to be traded earlier this year? I think he is a head case imo.  

yeah probably.  you think hes the first?   half the job of being a head coach is dealing with players who are on the edge and keeping them somehow focused and interested in playing and doing well.   not always an easy job.    But the guy who wins you the most games is the guy you need to keep happy.   if Murray isnt getting along with Hopkins, the coaches will try to make it work as long as they can and then they will trade Hopkins if they cant make it work.

even if Hopkins is the bigger star (I"m not certain that is the case but lets play this game anyways) hes almost 30 and just tested positive for PED's.   If anybody is going it will be him.

Kyler Murray is young and has lots of football in front of him.   They will find a way to make it work and keep him happy.

if they feel its on the verge of becoming an Antonio Brown situation, I'm sure they will unload him when the time is right.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

yeah probably.  you think hes the first?   half the job of being a head coach is dealing with players who are on the edge and keeping them somehow focused and interested in playing and doing well.   not always an easy job.    But the guy who wins you the most games is the guy you need to keep happy.   if Murray isnt getting along with Hopkins, the coaches will try to make it work as long as they can and then they will trade Hopkins if they cant make it work.

even if Hopkins is the bigger star (I"m not certain that is the case but lets play this game anyways) hes almost 30 and just tested positive for PED's.   If anybody is going it will be him.

Kyler Murray is young and has lots of football in front of him.   They will find a way to make it work and keep him happy.

if they feel its on the verge of becoming an Antonio Brown situation, I'm sure they will unload him when the time is right.

Don’t disagree about Hopkins, last season he missed seven games, plus his per game avg in 1/2 point ppr took a big hit also.  

But putting the Hopkins situation aside, I think if Zona doesn’t come out winning early next season, we’ll see mr Murray go crazy. 

13 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Murray seems like a bit of a head case and diva, but my god you’d probably be pretty dumb to switch him out for Mayfield. I highly, highly doubt there’s anything to this

I thought the Mayfield approach was great idea.  It's a buyers market for him and probably a sellers market for Murray.  Play the season out and Murray's stock will likely drop.  You can probably get Mayfield for a Day 3 draft pick and you can probably get something good for Murray.  The team isn't giving him an extension, so apparently they're still not sold on him yet.  It doesn't take 4 years to see if your QB is worth an extension.  I don't recall any QB starting getting a new deal after 4 or 5 seasons and it working out for the team.  Generally, if you go 4 or 5, you end up on another team.

Mayfield is a one-and-done player.  You bring him in to take a shot in the dark to see if he's better than what people thought.  You have a team with talent and you don't need Mayfield to carry you, just not fluck up.  Get your franchise QB next year.  At this point, I'm thinking Murray is a one-and-done player as well.  He's going to play this year and be traded next year (next year's version of Deshaun Watson).  So, trade Murray now when his value is at it's highest.

13 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Let's be honest here, there's nothing to talk about with Hopkins testing positive for PED's.  He's suspended for 6 games.  Ok.  He's a stud WR, so he'll still put up when he gets on the field.  Done.  There's nothing else to say.  Right?  What more can be added?  What, that'll he now be a 3rd round pick instead of a 2nd?   That covers everything, right?:dunno:

What will affect Hopkins more, is the relationship between him and Murray.  Murray claims that he's not showing up until the season, without a new deal.  The team lost Kirk but brought in Marquis Brown.  My guess is that was done (trading for Brown), because they felt that he and Murray won't need a lot of time to gel if Murray chooses to follow through on his threat.  Also to give the team about 6 weeks to see if Murray can play well without Hopkins (who still has 2 more years left on his deal), because he may want out after next season if they keep Murray.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Let's be honest here, there's nothing to talk about with Hopkins testing positive for PED's.  He's suspended for 6 games.  Ok.  He's a stud WR, so he'll still put up when he gets on the field.  Done.  There's nothing else to say.  Right?  What more can be added?  What, that'll he now be a 3rd round pick instead of a 2nd?   That covers everything, right?:dunno:

What will affect Hopkins more, is the relationship between him and Murray.  Murray claims that he's not showing up until the season, without a new deal.  The team lost Kirk but brought in Marquis Brown.  My guess is that was done (trading for Brown), because they felt that he and Murray won't need a lot of time to gel if Murray chooses to follow through on his threat.  Also to give the team about 6 weeks to see if Murray can play well without Hopkins (who still has 2 more years left on his deal), because he may want out after next season if they keep Murray.

you may well be right on everything here.

That said, I'm starting to tire of the soap opera and paying less attention to it.   Who were we talking about again?

Just kidding..... but not that much.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

you may well be right on everything here.

That said, I'm starting to tire of the soap opera and paying less attention to it.   Who were we talking about again?

Just kidding..... but not that much.

Right.