Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Fournette

I think that depends on how you feel about Jacobs as a rb2, I would rather keep Fournette.  

But if you think Jacobs can be a sold rb2 , and he should be , then take the deal.  

Good luck with that tough decision. 

Thanks Weepaws for chiming in.  I do like Jacobs more than most this season.  I think the box will be much less stacked with the addition of Adams.

I also like the fact that Jacobs is in a contract year.

1 hour ago, Smileseers said:

Swift, Ceedee, Jacobs, Fournette.  Full PPR

I would never trade a starting RB, who could be an RB1, for a TE... even if he's the best TE.  RB's get hurt.  Having 3 is way better than having 2.30

I've seen Fournette projected to be #9, #12, and #13 on a few sites and Jacobs as #21, #22, and #24 on those same sites.   I'm not saying to dump Jacobs, I'm just saying that your starters are going from a RB1, RB1, WR1, RB2 to RB1, RB2, WR1, TE1.  I just think that's a downgrade.

hey TBay,  we are now a little ways into camp.   whats the word on Fournette?   is he looking good?  

has he lost those pounds he said he'd shave off quickly in the Florida heat?

Low rb1/ high rb2.  

On 8/6/2022 at 11:03 PM, Ray_T said:

hey TBay,  we are now a little ways into camp.   whats the word on Fournette?   is he looking good?  

has he lost those pounds he said he'd shave off quickly in the Florida heat?

There's been chatter about White, but I've been reading between the lines.  He's going to be used as Tampa's version of James White.  I don't expect him to take any of Fournette's carries.  The person who has to worry (on the Bucs, not for fantasy), is Ke'Shawn Vaughn.  Vaughn hasn't wowed the Bucs since he's been drafted.  He barely saw any playing time.  He did have a few more snaps than the prior year, like 10 or so, but he played in 2 more games.  He saw a significant increase on special teams though in terms of snap count, not opportunities.  He was primarily a blocker.  His snap count jumped from 13% to 49% last season.

The reason that's important is because there's been a good amount of things said about Jaelon Darden.  Cyril Grayson impressed the team last year down the stretch.  I think both Darden and Grayson are going to get a lot of reps in pre-season... I wouldn't be surprised if both them are significant factors on whether Julio Jones makes the team or not.

Neither White, Vaughn, Darden, or Grayson should be on anyone's sleeper list in a redraft.  In deep keeper leagues or dynasty leagues, I think White and Grayson could be stash and hope guys.  At best, I'd say White should be a person of interest for waiver pickups based on use.  I think Fournette is going to get about 16 to 18 rush attempts each week.  I'm thinking Fournette starts out in the 5 to 7 target per game range early on and  2 or 3 for White.  How well White does, will impact both his and Fournette's role in the passing game.

Thanks TBay.  that was helpful and informative.

Today's news:

One rookie getting a boatload of snaps, including with the first team, is running back Rachaad White. In the first week, White primarily was used as a receiver out of the backfield (but did take a couple of snaps lined up wide)

The second week of training camp? White mostly has been busy at running back. And it seems White is passing the test at all three elements: running, catching and blocking.

LINK

Nice one Axe.  another player to watch.

TBay, you are in tune with whats going on with the Bucs.   Any thoughts on this?

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

TBay, you are in tune with whats going on with the Bucs.   Any thoughts on this?

He just said a few posts above that no one should have any TB RB including white on their sleeper list.  

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

Like I said, White is going to be used like James White in NE.  He's going to the a PPR guy.  I just don't know if he's going to be used as much as James White.  Any carries he gets, he'll take them from Vaughn, not Fournette.

Fournette's the only RB to own on this team.  White may be a flex option at some point in the season.  In redraft leagues, the rosters are usually on 16 players.  I wouldn't use a draft pick on either Vaughn or White.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

He just said a few posts above that no one should have any TB RB including white on their sleeper list.  

yeah well, we all shoot our mouth off and then a player emerges to prove us potentially wrong.    honestly I wasnt expecting much from the guy until I started reading some discussion on the guy recently.   And thats fine and good.   you cant predict when someone is gonna step up and prove to be better than the experts predicted but it happens.

47 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Like I said, White is going to be used like James White in NE.  He's going to the a PPR guy.  I just don't know if he's going to be used as much as James White.  Any carries he gets, he'll take them from Vaughn, not Fournette.

Fournette's the only RB to own on this team.  White may be a flex option at some point in the season.  In redraft leagues, the rosters are usually on 16 players.  I wouldn't use a draft pick on either Vaughn or White.

so basically look him up if Fournette gets injured.   or against defenses that allow pass catching RB's to burn them.

40 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

so basically look him up if Fournette gets injured.   or against defenses that allow pass catching RB's to burn them.

Yup.

Low rb1/ high rb2.