Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sean Mooney

Sean Mooney's 2022 Season Drafts- DRAFT #6 UPDATED

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

You must have Axe Elf confused with someone else.

 

On 8/27/2022 at 2:48 PM, AxeElf said:

Nonsense.  In the scoring system that league uses (the 0.4 per rushing attempt and 5 yds per pt rushing, especially), Mariota scored 13.7 fantasy points in his first drive of the preseason.  He'll likely be a top 10 QB in this system.

 

Nah....it was you...good try though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Nah....it was you...good try though.

You posted an example of something other than what you accused Axe Elf of though.

It would take a brain-dead Neanderthal or a Sean Mooney to think that those points mattered.

Good try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You posted an example of something other than what you accused Axe Elf of though.

It would take a brain-dead Neanderthal or a Sean Mooney to think that those points mattered.

Good try.

No. You defended the pick of Mariota in your auction draft by offering up what he scored in a pre-season drive. You can't deny what was clearly evident. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

You can't deny what was clearly evident. 

Have you not interacted with the Elf before?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

You defended the pick of Mariota in your auction draft by offering up what he scored in a pre-season drive.

But I didn't defend the pick because I thought the 13.7 points or whatever he scored on that drive would count toward his regular season production, you moron, I defended the pick because Mariota has shown in preseason that he will be a valuable asset in that league's scoring system.

I cannot seriously believe that you thought I was laboring under the misconception that preseason points counted during the regular season.

Every time I think someone can't get any dumber, they prove me wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

But I didn't defend the pick because I thought the 13.7 points or whatever he scored on that drive would count toward his regular season production, you moron, I defended the pick because Mariota has shown in preseason that he will be a valuable asset in that league's scoring system.

I cannot seriously believe that you thought I was laboring under the misconception that preseason points counted during the regular season.

Every time I think someone can't get any dumber, they prove me wrong.

You are a dope.

You defended drafting a guy because they scored 13.7 points on an opening drive in the pre-season. I mocked you about "pre-season stats" mattering over it. I didn't seriously believe you thought pre-season points counted during the regular season BUT it was a completely stupid argument for you to even bring them up as a rationale in any way for anything.

Put the booze down dude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You are a dope.

You defended drafting a guy because they scored 13.7 points on an opening drive in the pre-season. I mocked you about "pre-season stats" mattering over it. I didn't seriously believe you thought pre-season points counted during the regular season BUT it was a completely stupid argument for you to even bring them up as a rationale in any way for anything.

Put the booze down dude. 

So you think the fact that the Falcons showcased Mariota's scrambling/rushing abilities in preseason is completely irrelevant to how he will perform during the season in a scoring system that awards 0.4 points per rushing attempt and 1 pt per 5 yards rushing?

And I'M a dope??

I mean THAT'S dumb, but then to suggest that I thought the points would apply to the regular season?

Dumber and dumberer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

So you think the fact that the Falcons showcased Mariota's scrambling/rushing abilities in preseason is completely irrelevant to how he will perform during the season in a scoring system that awards 0.4 points per rushing attempt and 1 pt per 5 yards rushing?

And I'M a dope??

I mean THAT'S dumb, but then to suggest that I thought the points would apply to the regular season?

Dumber and dumberer.

I think the preseason is almost completely irrelevant.

The regular season thing was a joke. What do you not get about that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I think the preseason is almost completely irrelevant.

The regular season thing was a joke. What do you not get about that?

Fine, it's just a joke you've made like ten times now, and when I asked you where it came from, you said it came from me suggesting that preseason points applied to the regular season.

Now that everyone's looking at you like you have two heads for even thinking such a thing, you're stammering that it was all a joke.

Ha ha.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Fine, it's just a joke you've made like ten times now, and when I asked you where it came from, you said it came from me suggesting that preseason points applied to the regular season.

Now that everyone's looking at you like you have two heads for even thinking such a thing, you're stammering that it was all a joke.

Ha ha.

 

Because I told you a guy was a bad pick and your defense was- "In the scoring system that league uses (the 0.4 per rushing attempt and 5 yds per pt rushing, especially), Mariota scored 13.7 fantasy points in his first drive of the preseason." Do you really not understand how stupid that argument is?

1.) It is a preseason game

2,) It was against the Lions

3.) Cordarrelle Patterson didn't even play the game. Tyler Allegier had 3 carries. Damien Williams had 3 carries. The leading rusher was Desmond Ridder.

4.) I was mocking you when you made the argument and I said "apparently preseason points count towards your regular season."

5.) What is clear is you like to mock other people for their takes but do not take the criticism well when it is thrown back at you. 

No one is looking at me like I have two heads. Literally no one cares about this but you and I- and I barely do outside of dunking on you for your stupid argument. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s been pretty silly to watch.  But please keep it going. I went to the store for popcorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Do you really not understand how stupid that argument is?

It's not stupid--when you understand the argument.

The argument was not that I somehow had 13 points in the bank waiting for me once the season started; the point was that the offensive scheme of the Falcons is going to be conducive to Mariota outperforming his draft capital in this scoring system once the season begins.

Part of me thinks you know that, and are just acting stupid, but then you keep trying to convince me you're not acting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AxeElf said:

It's not stupid--when you understand the argument.

The argument was not that I somehow had 13 points in the bank waiting for me once the season started; the point was that the offensive scheme of the Falcons is going to be conducive to Mariota outperforming his draft capital in this scoring system once the season begins.

Part of me thinks you know that, and are just acting stupid, but then you keep trying to convince me you're not acting.

You are being so obtuse at this point. 

I recognize what you were saying. I'm telling you it is stupid to put any stock in the preseason as being predictive about in season success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'm telling you it is stupid to put any stock in the preseason as being predicative about in season success.

And I'm telling you it's stupid to ignore preseason altogether--you just have to know what's important and what's not--and the fantasy points scored in preseason are not.  The offensive scheme in which your fantasy players operate is.

And I think you mean "predictive."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

And I'm telling you it's stupid to ignore preseason altogether--you just have to know what's important and what's not--and the fantasy points scored in preseason are not.  The offensive scheme in which your fantasy players operate is.

And I think you mean "predictive."

On the first part- again I think it's foolish you went to that as your go to.

On the second yes that is what I was going for. My mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sean Mooney

 

hows your week going?

 

 Am going to end up 4-2, winning both FFPC games (1.5ppr for te):

3rd pick: started cmc, then Kupp. I grabbed jt, josh allen (earliest I have ever drafted a qb), then fournette

 

other one had 9th:

kelce, swift, etienne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

@Sean Mooney

 

hows your week going?

 

 Am going to end up 4-2, winning both FFPC games (1.5ppr for te):

3rd pick: started cmc, then Kupp. I grabbed jt, josh allen (earliest I have ever drafted a qb), then fournette

 

other one had 9th:

kelce, swift, etienne

Looks like I will probably end up 2-4 this week.

One loss will be against a team that had Hurts, Kupp, Swift- and all of their 7 defensive players scored more than 12 points. 

Another loss the other team had Josh Allen, Chase, Swift, and Edwards-Helaire

The third loss they had Hurts, Kelce, and Tyreek Hill. 

And the fourth league would've been a toss up if I didn't have Matthew Stafford and Allen Robinson crapping the bed the other night.

Oh well- week 1. I don't make panic moves- goal is the playoffs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been meaning to fully update week 1 so here we go. I'll go in order of the leagues I posted about draft wise here:

1.) Did not go well this week. Jonathan Taylor did his thing. James Conner did some good things. So did Christian Kirk. But the Rams offense crapping the bed on opening night sucked in Matthew Stafford and Allen Robinson and that was hard to overcome. Playing Justin Herbert (outscored Stafford by 16 points), Mike Evans, and Michael Thomas did not help either. 0-1

2.) His receiving duo of AJ Brown/Gabe Davis crushed Mike Williams/DJ Moore. But my RB combo of Jonathan Taylor/Leonard Fournette crushed Dalvin Cook/Aaron Jones. He also started Cam Akers who got him nothing and my kicker Ryan Succop came through huge on Monday night. We both scored under projections but I held on for a tight 3 point win. 1-0

3.) Guy I was playing was the top scorer in the league behind Josh Allen/Jamarr Chase/Deandre Swift/Edwards-Helaire/Succop. Herbert and Saquon did what they could but it was too much to overcome. 0-1

4.) This is the heavy QB/IDP league. The guy I was playing scored the most points in the league (250- the next highest was 199). I had Lamar/Saquon/Mike Evans but he had Jalen Hurts/Cooper Kupp/Deandre Swift...and all 7 of his IDP's scored 12 points or higher. Just complete annihilation. 0-1

5.) I was high week in this league behind Jalen Hurts/AJ Brown/Saquon/Patterson. Overcame the Cooper Kupp/Miles Sanders/Javonte Williams package. Opponent started Cam Akers but I beat him by enough that even had he started a different running back it most likely would not have mattered. 1-0

6.) Travis Kelce/Jalen Hurts/Tyreek Hill all did me in. I was 27 points under my projections. He was right on his. 0-1

 

So 2-4 on the week. As I said- no panic moves yet. The goal is just positioning to get into the playoffs and around week 6 or 7 I start looking ahead at guys to grab who will help me come playoff weeks potentially. So we will get there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

2-4 and 3 points away from 1-5.

Impressive!

I'm not afraid to admit when things don't go my way on a given week.

Also- a win is a win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'm not afraid to admit when things don't go my way on a given week.

I don't think I would be either, but hopefully we'll never have to find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I don't think I would be either, but hopefully we'll never have to find out.

You wouldn't....you aren't humble enough to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You wouldn't....you aren't humble enough to do it. 

Fingers crossed we'll never find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure it didn't go his way last season since I didn't see the "Axe Elf wins x number of championships thread"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, nobody said:

I'm pretty sure it didn't go his way last season since I didn't see the "Axe Elf wins x number of championships thread"

Right...but he didn't own up to it. Just tried to quietly let it go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday Night Week 2 Update:

League 1: I was projected to win by 14 coming in to the week. My opponent had Josh Palmer who went a point over his projection. So I'm still projected to win by 13.

League 2: Good start for me with Mike Williams going 9 points over his projection so my +16 point projected win is now +25. 

League 3: Herbert/Ekeler in total finished 3 points under their projection and he had Mike Williams who went 9 over. So my projected win total of +4 has now flipped to +4 for him

League 4: Had Mike Williams here too against Austin Ekeler. I was 9 over again and he was 3 under so that +2 point projected win for me is now +15.

League 5: He had Patrick Mahomes who was 7 under his projection. That puts my +6 projected win now at +13.

League 6: I had Austin Ekeler who ended up right on his projection in this league so my opponent- who had no one going- maintains his +6 advantage on this week.

 

So a considerably better fantasy start for me than last week with the Rams offense screwing the pooch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A week 2 update for my teams:

League #1: Great days from Mark Andrews and Christian Kirk. Good days from Matthew Stafford and Allen Robinson. Subpar days for Jonathan Taylor/James Conner/Zeke Elliott. My opponent had Lamar Jackson though so it was a 7 point loss for me. 0-2 in this league. Got to do more roster turnover here.

League #2: Kyler Murray/Mike Williams/Mark Andrews all 20+ points. It was a blood bath victory for me dropping him by 37 points. My opponent in this week was the guy at the live draft he always thinks he is smarter than everyone by trying to take players someone else wants and then saying "Oh did I mess you up?" Fantasy pro tip- focus on your own team. 2-0 league for me

League #3: Even with Herbert putting up 25 I ended up 31 points below my projected total as everyone else failed to reach their projection (other than Goedert). His team was under his projection but only by 5 points as Mike Williams and Mark Andrews exceeded their numbers. He wins by 21. 0-2 here. I think I have a good team but might need to tweak some things.

League #4: Lamar Jackson SMASHED his projection in this QB heavy league. I had a bunch of guys just give me steady double digit points. His defensive players all did well and his offensive players (Brady/Adams/Pitts) did not. Leads me to a 24 point win. 1-1 in this league.

League #5: Amon Ra crushed his projection for me but I was still down heading into Monday night as he had Waller/Michael Thomas/Mahomes/Najee Harris. However, I had Jalen Hurts and AJ Brown last night so a deficit quickly turned into a 28 point win for me. 2-0 in this league and sitting in 1st place.

League #6: Lamar Jackson/Mark Andrews/Tyler Lockett/Diontae Johnson/Austin Ekeler all put up good point totals over coming Lamb/Ertz/Thomas/Robinson. Even if Trey Lance had not broken his ankle my opponent would not have been able to make up the 33 point difference. 1-1 for me in this league now 

 

I'm okay with where I am sitting after week 2 for the most part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×