Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

yahoo issue

strange.   I have herbert and of course he was playing in todays game.

when he went down with what looked to be broken ribs, I noticed someone in my league picked up Chase Daniel 10 seconds later.

our league has FAAB.   this shouldnt happen.  shouldnt the players in the game be frozen at kickoff and all free agents immediately become eligible for FAAB bids?

am I out to lunch on this?   am I mis interpreting the way this works?

or did Yahoo eff it up?

thoughts?

56 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

when he went down with what looked to be broken ribs, I noticed someone in my league picked up Chase Daniel 10 seconds later.

our league has FAAB.   this shouldnt happen.  shouldnt the players in the game be frozen at kickoff and all free agents immediately become eligible for FAAB bids?

or did Yahoo eff it up?

thoughts?

What is the Waiver Time set to?

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

or did Yahoo eff it up?

thoughts?

That’s the way it works in the leagues I’m in.  

I don't know about Yahoo, but on ESPN he would have been locked until Tuesday or whenever the WW opens up

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

I don't know about Yahoo, but on ESPN he would have been locked until Tuesday or whenever the WW opens up

my understanding is that is the way its supposed to be

once the game starts, there are no picking up or rostering/unrostering the affected players.

you can still drop them if they are on your roster.    unless of course they were in your starting lineup

In Faab systems you shouldn’t be able to pick up a player instantly anyway. How else would all teams be able to enter the bids?

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

In Faab systems you shouldn’t be able to pick up a player instantly anyway. How else would all teams be able to enter the bids?

exactly my point

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

You can pick up a player instantly after the waivers period, but usually the waivers period starts again when a new week's game begins.  His league apparently is set to not begin waivers until after the games sometime, which is kinda dumb.