Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Mitchell a priority with CMC?

are those of you with somewhat shorter benches who own CMC prioritizing Elijah Mitchell over more short-term help? Do you see him purely as a high-end handcuff? 

45 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

are those of you with somewhat shorter benches who own CMC prioritizing Elijah Mitchell over more short-term help? Do you see him purely as a high-end handcuff? 

I see him as a mid range handcuff.

high end would imply he gets decent playing time while CMC is healthy.  I dont see that happening.

but I do think if you have CMC mitchell is a must own just cuz CMC has been rather injury plagued in recent years.

Mitchell is nothing more then a handcuff, and Mitchell himself hasn’t had the ability to stay healthy himself. 

I have CMC and Mitchell. I'm treating Mitchell as a solid handcuff. Nothing more. If CMC goes down I know they'll ride Mitchell. 

Until he goes down.

19 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

I have CMC and Mitchell. I'm treating Mitchell as a solid handcuff. Nothing more. If CMC goes down I know they'll ride Mitchell. 

Until he goes down.

Yeah; with only 5 bench spots it’s tough to eat one up on a cuff but in this case given all the variables, if cmc goes down Mitchell could be a league winner who someone else will jump on asap. 

In the league I have CMC, I have Patterson and Walker III sitting on my bench (Barkley is my other starter)

If you draft well and play the waiver wire correctly you don't need handcuffs. You just roll to the next best starter on your roster. 

8 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

In the league I have CMC, I have Patterson and Walker III sitting on my bench (Barkley is my other starter)

If you draft well and play the waiver wire correctly you don't need handcuffs. You just roll to the next best starter on your roster. 

Agreed, but injuries sometimes make that a pipe dream lol. 

I’m not a CMC owner, but I had a spare bench spot and picked up Mitchell.  Having been a former CMC owner the past couple of years, it’s a foregone conclusion he will get hurt sooner than later. 

And after two or three games same with Mitchel, he’s doesn’t have a good track record of stay healthy