Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

New recent games

1 minute ago, Reality said:

That makes me want a switch... Think my 19 year old will play with me? 🤣🤣

It is on every system, i have it for the PS5, and yes your 19 year old would enjoy playing it with you as well.

If you like the baldur's gates, i would also recommend Planescape: Torment. I think that it was the better game although games did not hold your hands back then and some parts of it would be frustrating if you were playing it for the first time so you may need to read a guide during various parts.

It was built using the same engine/mechanics as baldur's gate though, i think the only difference was that it was based of DND 2.5 rules and BG was DND 2nd edition.

6 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Get the below game and a couple extra controllers. This game is straight out of an 80's arcade and is a blast to play with the kids.  Absolutely one of the best games of the last ~10 years. The downfall is it is short, but they priced that in. It was only a 20 dollar game when it was released.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge-switch/

It’s on Amazon for 35, that’s ok,  I have points. It says cd rom. Is that ok? And I see a sports one. Get that too? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s on Amazon for 35, that’s ok,  I have points. It says cd rom. Is that ok? And I see a sports one. Get that too? 

If it is CD rom then it is probably for a different system and is not for the switch.

The Switch uses SD cards similar to a camera.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

If it is CD rom then it is probably for a different system and is not for the switch.

The Switch uses SD cards similar to a camera.

Ok. I’ll keep looking. I don’t know about this stuff 

8 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

It is on every system, i have it for the PS5, and yes your 19 year old would enjoy playing it with you as well.

If you like the baldur's gates, i would also recommend Planescape: Torment. I think that it was the better game although games did not hold your hands back then and some parts of it would be frustrating if you were playing it for the first time so you may need to read a guide during various parts.

It was built using the same engine/mechanics as baldur's gate though, i think the only difference was that it was based of DND 2.5 rules and BG was DND 2nd edition.

Right on, I'll keep it in mind. :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There’s also the Ninja Turtles Cowabunga edition which is all the ninja turtles games from the arcade ones all the way to console games. I think it’s like $20-$30 for it but I got it cause I used to play the arcade games all the time as well as Turtles in Time on my Super Nintendo as a child. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It is 10 dollars cheaper to buy direct from Nintendo.  It is 35 dollars at gamestop/amazon/etc.

It looks like a CD ROM case on amazon, but inside that packaging is a little SD card.

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Shredders-Nintendo/dp/B0B3CLJWGS/ref=sr_1_15?c=ts&keywords=Nintendo+Switch+Games&qid=1671050335&s=videogames&sr=1-15&ts_id=16227133011

@Djgb13

Cowabunga edition is great as well, but Shredder's revenge is definitely the game to play if you want to play with kids that have never played a beat em up. Some of the old TMNT games can be quite difficult where as Shredder's revenge is more accessible.

Thanks guys. I’ll talk to the wife and make sure she didn’t get any yet and get the recommended ones if she didn’t.  

So my wife told me not to bother, the rest of the family is getting him games for it. But thanks guys, I’ll be hitting you up again down the line. 

Finished The Callisto Protocol the other day.  Felt kinda short but that's probably because I've been playing huge games like God of War recently.  Perfect timing as PS5 free upgrade for Witcher 3 just came out.   I only played it once so will be fun to revisit.

Will be interesting to see how the soft core p0rn parts look on PS5 :lol:

On 12/14/2022 at 3:30 PM, MTSkiBum said:

I played through balders gate 1/2 and shadows of amn around ~5 years ago. That is quite the commitment in time to finish that game.

As for BG3 it is still a few years out, it is in prerelease, however I think they cap you at level 4. Where as level 5 is where you get the good spell/abilities, aka fireball.

Has anyone played Divinity Original sin.  Its similar to BG and has a great story and huge world.also on consoles...quite good and cheap. 20 bucks in PS store...I liked it

Pillars of eternity is similar as well.  Highly rated epg similar to BG.  Icewind dale is also excellent.

• Like 1

I am playing Fortnite 1-2 nights a week with my friends after my wife goes to bed, don't starve together 1 night a week with my brother in law and a nephew after my wife goes to bed, and I will start playing valheim with my brother and his wife 1 evening a week. They have a very young daughter (4 months?) so we will play 6-8ish. 

My wife goes to bed so early I struggle to think of activities to do, so usually I play video games if I can find a friend/relative to play with.