weepaws

Bible

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

The bolded is a minor example of taking it too far, IMO. A major example would be current day Palestinian and Israeli relations. War based on religion. Subjugation and marginalization of people because their lives don't fit into someone else's the belief system, like how many religious folks feel about everyone audacious enough to not identify as cisgender.

I find it to be supremely arrogant that Christians like yourself can flippantly relegate anyone that isn't lockstep with your beliefs to hell. What about all the Jews, Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, Zoroastrians, pagans, Taoist, etc. that are perfectly fine people? All damned according to you. I reject that. Religion is fine, but it's deeply personal, best kept to oneself. I rejected your religion a long time ago, and nothing I've seen since has made me think I made the wrong decision. Quite the contrary, actually. 

Oh no you have it wrong, good people choose Hell if they don’t choose Jesus, not according to me or any other Christian, but that’s what Jesus himself said.  So of course you don’t like to hear that, you like your sin.  So take it up with Jesus. I’ve known a lot of people, and a lot of then family that have died in sin, and they will be in hell. Accept Jesus Christ as Lord And Savior and go to God’s kingdom of Heaven, or you pick Hell, it’s a choice one makes on their very own. So why not choose wisely and not foolishly.   Romans 8:1 should help.  

Yea you need to believe on what I believe or  it’s hell.  

Thanks. 

In Christ Jesus.  Romans 8:1.  Amen.  

Target makes changes to pride collection after 9 billion loss  in stock value amid backlash.  That was God at work.  

In Washington the council reverses decision not to give 750k to Christian charity due to religious views, lol. God was at work.  

North Dakota Christian school donates over 1500 pounds of food to local charity.  Thank you God.  

Ron Desantis tells Christians to put on the full armor of God, vows to protect families, children.  Amen.  

Christians at work.  Wow. 

Wait upon Me.  Isaiah 51:5.  Amen. 

The Fruit of the Spirit.  Galatians 5:22-26.  Amen.  

Victory. 1 Corinthians 15:54.  Amen. 

Abomination unto the Lord.  Proverbs 15:9. Amen. 

The Book.  Revelation 5:9. Amen.  

2-year old sentence to life in prison camp after parents caught with Bible.  North Korea. 

Jesus and His gift of salvation.  Acts 16:27-31.  Amen.  

Grace of Jesus Christ our Lord.  2 Corinthians 8:9.  Amen.  

Joy of the Lord is my strength. 

Psalm 28:7. 

Psalm 73:26. 

Isaiah 12:2. 

Ephesians 6:10. 

John 15:11. 

Habakkuk 3:19. 

Amen.  

We can not comprehend.  Job 37:5. Amen

The Ascension.  Acts 1:9-11. Amen.  

Christian woman caught reading Bible starved by muslim husband, left for dead.  

Whatever you give is acceptable if you give it eagerly.  2 Corinthians 8:12.  Amen. 

Strife. Proverbs 15:18.  Amen. 

Turned them into ashes.  2 Peter 2:6.  Amen.  

To those that live ungodly. 2 Peter 2:4-6.  Amen. 

Republican Nevada Governor Joe Lombardo approves abortion protection in cross-party move.  

Red team, Blue team, Left or Right, they are alllll on the same team, trust in the Lord and not man.  Man is not good.  

Revive us again.  Psalm 85:6.  Amen.  

Rejoice and be glad.  Psalms 90:14.  Amen. 

God gives us the words we need when we need them.  Acts 18:9-11. Amen. 

There is no other, there is none like.  Isaiah 46:8-13.  Amen.  

Delivered us from darkness.  Colossians 1:13.  Amen. 

Iowa bans sexual orientation, gender identity instruction in elementary schools.  Amen.  

Target executive tied to the alphabet group pushing schools to hide students gender identity from parents.  

Alphabet group gear at kohl’s, little kids t-shirts with transgender flag, proud rainbow baby bibs.  

God’s goodness.  1 Corinthians 1:22-25.  Amen. 

Heaven for the Wise.  Proverbs 15:24.  Amen. 

Word of God.  Hebrews 6:5.  Amen. 

Oh cool, I never knew this was here!

Having received the spiritual gift of prophecy, one of my favorite things is helping people to understand God, the Bible and spirituality in general more deeply--so if you have any questions on any of those topics, this is your chance to get a better grasp on those concepts that elude you.

That said, if you want to talk about current news, rather than the Bible, or if your mental capacity is such that you think the enemy is "Satin," I probably won't engage with you, but if you have the capacity to understand, then there's nothing I enjoy more than helping.  For him who has ears to hear...

Looks like the most recent confusion has been in regards to hell, so maybe we should start there.

Hell is the state of being dead.  It is not a place of eternal torture, as those who are in hell are said to be conscious of nothing.  (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

Upon the first death, the death of the body, our souls all go to hell, where they sleep and await the resurrection for judgment.  The body returns to its constituent elements, and the spirit returns to its source, God.  (Ecclesiastes 12:7)

(We maybe needed a lesson on the Trinity first--we are trinities too, body (Son), mind/soul (Father) and Spirit, created as we were in the triune image of God, but we can do that later if needed.)

Ok, then in Revelation 20 we get to the resurrection and the judgment.  (I use the Amplified Classic translation.)

Three beings are singled out for eternal torture:

"Then the devil who had led them astray [deceiving and seducing them] was hurled into the fiery lake of burning brimstone, where the beast and false prophet were; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever (through the ages of the ages)."  (Revelation 20:10) (Emphasis mine to denote the three beings singled out for eternal torture.)

But that's not the fate for everyone else...

"Then I saw a great white throne and the One Who was seated upon it, from Whose presence and from the sight of Whose face earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them.  I [also] saw the dead, great and small; they stood before the throne, and books were opened.  Then another book was opened, which is [the Book] of Life. And the dead were judged (sentenced) by what they had done [their whole way of feeling and acting, their aims and endeavors] in accordance with what was recorded in the books.  And the sea delivered up the dead who were in it, death and Hades (the state of death or disembodied existence) surrendered the dead in them, and all were tried and their cases determined by what they had done [according to their motives, aims, and works]."  (Revelation 20:11-13)

And then, those created for destruction are cast into the lake of fire, which is called "the second death," or the death of the soul.

"Then death and Hades (the state of death or disembodied existence) were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.  And if anyone’s [name] was not found recorded in the Book of Life, he was hurled into the lake of fire."  (Revelation 20:14-15)

And that's it--you're gone.  Nothing about eternal torture there, or anywhere else.

Ok, Bible Pop Quiz

1.  "The wages of sin is __________."  (a: death; b: eternal torture)  (Romans 6:23)

2.  "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not ___________, but have eternal life."  (a: perish; b: be tortured eternally)  (John 3:16)

3:  Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; but rather be afraid of Him who can ____________ both soul and body in hell."  (a: destroy; b: eternally torture)  (Matthew 10:28)

I hope you passed!

Throw all who do evil, where there is gnashing of teeth and weeping.  Matthew 13:41-42. You don’t want to go into the furnace of Hell, it’s going to be a painful torture forever, and the biggest pain will be your separated  from God’s glory.  

Amen.  

Baby who was only 30 minutes old saved by Tennessee’s first safe haven baby box, thank you Jesus.  Much better than killing ones own baby.  

I read that per hour 6,392 people die, when will it be you, stop acting foolishly and accept Jesus Christ Lord and Savior, and turn away from ones sin, gnashing of teeth and weeping doesn’t sound like a pleasant place to stay forever.  Amen. 

Matthew 13:36-43 (AMPC) The Parable of the Weeds Explained

"Then He left the throngs and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him saying, Explain to us the parable of the darnel in the field.  He answered, He Who sows the good seed is the Son of Man.  The field is the world, and the good seed means the children of the kingdom; the darnel is the children of the evil one, and the enemy who sowed it is the devil. The harvest is the close and consummation of the age, and the reapers are angels.  Just as the darnel (weeds resembling wheat) is gathered and burned with fire, so it will be at the close of the age.

"The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all causes of offense [persons by whom others are drawn into error or sin] and all who do iniquity and act wickedly, and will cast them into the furnace of fire; there will be weeping and wailing and grinding of teeth.

Then will the righteous (those who are upright and in right standing with God) shine forth like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Let him who has ears [to hear] be listening, and let him consider and perceive and understand by hearing."

I don't think anyone believes that weeds gathered and burned with fire suffer eternally, that seems a rather odd conclusion to draw.  The judgment will certainly be a sad time for some, as the scriptures tell us there will be weeping and wailing and grinding of teeth--but it will all be over quickly, as the scriptures also tell us in Revelation 20.  The death of the soul is as eternal as the death of the body, but the dead are conscious of nothing.

Reconciliation for the sins of the people.  Hebrews 2:17.  Thank you Jesus.  Amen.  

Wonder and Awe.  Isaiah 11:1-3.  Amen.  

In your hearts.  1 Peter 3:15.  Amen.  

The house of the proud.  Proverbs 15:25.  Amen.  

Possible with God.  Luke 18:27. Amen  

Eternal punishment.  Matthew 25:46. Amen. 

Hopefully nobody believes in temporary punishment--that once destroyed in the lake of fire, souls might be brought back to life again.

No, the second death is an eternal punishment; no one ever comes back.

20 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Hopefully nobody believes in temporary punishment--that once destroyed in the lake of fire, souls might be brought back to life again.

No, the second death is an eternal punishment; no one ever comes back.

I told you not to draft Mac Jones in your dynasty league. :doh:

Most Americans oppose schools counseling kids on gender identity without parental consent: poll. 

Im just shocked that’s its not 100% oppose it.  Fools.  

Evil work.  James 3:16.  Amen.  

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Most Americans oppose schools counseling kids on gender identity without parental consent: poll. 

Im just shocked that’s it not 100% oppose it.  Fools.  

Evil work.  James 3:16.  Amen.  

What?

They will scatter.  John 16:30-32.  Amen

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

They will scatter.  John 16:30-32.  Amen

So, who said that John said that and why do you believe either of those people? 

Good Morning. 

We learn more and more every time we read the Bible.  Matthew 28:18-20.  Amen. 

Commit to the Lord.  Proverbs 16:3.  Amen.  

7 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

So, who said that John said that and why do you believe either of those people? 

I typically don't worry much about who axually wrote what.

The reason it doesn't matter is that if God exists, He is probably powerful enough to keep His word saying what He wants it to say.  What was written was what He wanted to be written, doesn't matter who wrote it.  What texts were included in the Bible and what texts were excluded from the Bible was a process just as inspired and guided by God (I would even say "determined" by God) as the writing of the texts themselves.  That's the only way it makes any sense at all, if God does exist and He's trying to tell us about Himself through the Bible.

And if the God of the Bible doesn't exist, well then it still really doesn't matter who fabricated the whole thing--it's still just a fabrication.

No man know.  John 7:27.  Amen.