weepaws

Bible

O Lord.  Jeremiah 10:24.  Amen.  

Divisiveness.  Jude 9-10.  Amen. 

Trying of your faith work patience.  James 1:2-3.  Indeed.  Amen. 

For the Word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.  1 Corinthians 1:18.  Amen.  

Framed by the Word of God.  Hebrews 11:3.   Amen.  

Lords Prayer.  Luke 11:1-4. Amen

Blessed the Lord, who daily bears us up, God is our salvation. Selah.  Indeed.  Psalm 68:19.  Amen. 

The Lord hear thee in the day of trouble.  Psalm 20:1.  Indeed    Amen 

These all died in Faith.  Hebrews 11:13.  Amen.  

Oklahoma can ban trans surgeries, puberty blockers for youth , court rules.  Amen. 

In Florida Judge sides with suspended Christian teacher, rejects new secular faith of transgenderism.  Amen.  

None can keep alive own soul.  Psalm 22:29.  Amen. 

The Son is the radiance of God’s Glory.   Hebrews 1:3.  Indeed.  Amen. 

God remains the same    Hebrews 1:10-12.  Indeed.     Amen. 

The earth is the Lords, and the fullness there of, the world, and they that dwell therein.  Psalm 24:1.  Amen. 

Unto thee , O Lord, do I lift up my soul.   Psalm 25:1.  Amen.  

Precious treasure and oil are In a wise mans dwelling, but a foolish man devours it.   Proverbs 21:2. Amen.  

satan doesn’t rest.  Luke 11:24-26.  Amen.  

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He shall lift you up.  James 4:10. Amen. 

One body in Christ.  Romans 12:5.  Amen.  

Have mercy.  Psalm 27:7.  Amen.  

Bless His people with peace.  Psalm 29:11.  Amen. 

Temptation produces endurance.   James 1:2-5.  Indeed.  Amen. 

God is a Spirit.  John 4:24.  Amen.  

Last of all, and servant of all.  Mark 9:35.  Amen. 

But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for A Little While, now crowned with Glory and Honor because He Suffered Death, so that by the Grace of God He might Taste Death for Everyone.  Hebrews 2:9.  Now that’s just amazing.  Amen.  In all things give all praise and honor to Jesus, for the wages of sin , is Death, and Jesus paid it off for you, if you just simply accept Jesus Christ Lord Savior.  Amen. 

Be glad in the Lord.   Psalm 32:11.  Amen. 

Trusted in His Holy Name.  Psalm 33:21.  Amen. 

Be not wise in your own conceits.  Romans 12:16. Amen. 

The one who said thanks.  Luke 17:17-19.  Amen. 

I sought the Lord and He heard me and delivered me from all my fears.   Psalm 34:4.   Amen. 

The Lord redeemed the soul of His servants, and none of them that trust in Him shall be desolate.  Psalm 34:22.  Amen. 

And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long.  Psalm 35:28.  Amen. 

Mass today was a bit surreal given the events in the Middle East.  Keep in mind that the readings were chosen long ago.  From the old Testament, we had Psalm 23, best known from funerals:

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

The gospel was the parable of the wedding banquet from Matthew 22.  

The Parable of the Wedding Banquet

22 Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

“Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’

“But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

“Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.

13 “Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

In his homily the priest chose to focus on the inclusivity, the fact that all people are welcome into the kingdom of God.  And I think that was a good strategy.  We were asked to pray for all in Palestine, and I will do my best.  But...

But I can't get over the rest of the parable, in which the original guests (many of the Jews/Pharisees of the day) were invited but did not come.  Then later, a guest without wedding clothes (one who had not accepted the way of Jesus) was asked to leave.

For many are invited, but few are chosen.

It is one of the harshest stories in the New Testament, and so serendipitous to be discussed in Mass today.  Because while as a Christian I welcome any and all Palestinians to change their ways, I hold out no hope for Hamas or many of the inhabitants there.  They have chosen their path, and may God have mercy on their souls.

If any man serve Me, Him will My Father honor.  John 12:26.  Amen. 

We are called to be disciples.  Romans 1:5.  Amen. 

Love thy God.  Deuteronomy 6:4-5.  Amen.  

The Lord God, merciful and gracious, long suffering, and abounding in goodness and truth.  Exodus 34:6.  Amen.  

Earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.  Psalm 33:4-5.  Amen. 

For I know that my Redeemer lives.   Job 19:25.  Amen. 

He that follows after righteousness and mercy find life, righteousness, and honor.  Proverbs 21:21.  Indeed.  Amen

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

He that follows after righteousness and mercy find life, righteousness, and honor.  Proverbs 21:21.  Indeed.  Amen

Even if he is ghay with weepaws. 

Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.  1 Chronicles 16:34.  Amen. 

A little that a righteous man has is better than the riches of many wicked.   Psalm 37:16.  Amen. 

The Lord be magnified.  Psalm 40:16.  Amen. 

Fellow citizens with the Saints.  Ephesians 2:19.  Indeed.  Amen. 

All have sinned.  Romans 3:23-26.  Amen. 

Ye that love the Lord, hate evil.  Psalm 97:10.  Amen.  

Oh Lord. That was a cruel trick you played putting such a small dysfunctional brain in weepaws. It is funny though. 😆