Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NCAA Hoops '23-'24

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

congrats caitlin

Getting it on a flop technical is so on brand

Creighton beat Marquette yesterday. Pretty good win for them.

11 minutes ago, Reality said:

Is anybody good? Houston? Doubt it. :dunno:

Houston is good. I think it was a little bit of a letdown game since they have Kansas coming up next. Arizona I don’t really want a part of. Outside of that you could make the argument for quite a few teams. 

Kansas I’m afraid is in the dirt this year

Just now, cyclone24 said:

Houston is good. I think it was a little bit of a letdown game since they have Kansas coming up next. Arizona I don’t really want a part of. Outside of that you could make the argument for quite a few teams. 

Kansas I’m afraid is in the dirt this year

Kansas has played some great games and obviously some let downs.   I still think the big 12 is strong across the board.   And it still wouldn't surprise me to see ku go on a run if they can get a shooter hot.  Depth will eventually be the death of them though. 

29 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Kansas has played some great games and obviously some let downs.   I still think the big 12 is strong across the board.   And it still wouldn't surprise me to see ku go on a run if they can get a shooter hot.  Depth will eventually be the death of them though. 

Yeah, I just don’t know how you guys do that if McCullers isn’t there. 

4 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, I just don’t know how you guys do that if McCullers isn’t there. 

He played against Baylor Saturday.   They had a good first half, and it was a top 15 road matchup.   I think the sense is ku is just supposed to win every game.   Still trotting out 5 of the best players in the country every game.   They are all just going to have to play 40 minutes for 6 games to win it all. 

On 3/3/2024 at 6:32 PM, cmh6476 said:

He played against Baylor Saturday.   They had a good first half, and it was a top 15 road matchup.   I think the sense is ku is just supposed to win every game.   Still trotting out 5 of the best players in the country every game.   They are all just going to have to play 40 minutes for 6 games to win it all. 

We both in the dirt today 🍻

Ku got their azz whooped today.   But this isn't basketball.   

5 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Ku got their azz whooped today.   But this isn't basketball.   

Yeah, they really need to do something about that. And I say that following a team that basically just beats people up for 40 minutes and can’t shoot a basketball. It’s essentially turned into football.

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, they really need to do something about that. And I say that following a team that basically just beats people up for 40 minutes and can’t shoot a basketball. It’s essentially turned into football.

It's awful.   And big 12 is the worst at officiating contact. Might as well let Bob Huggins back, his teams would fit right in. 

2 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

It's awful.   And big 12 is the worst at officiating contact. Might as well let Bob Huggins back, his teams would fit right in. 

Yeah, I said, the same thing the other day that we’ve basically become West Virginia.  

It’s funny, watching picture and picture with other college games and like guys barely get touched in other conferences and it’s a call.

4 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, I said, the same thing the other day that we’ve basically become West Virginia.  

It’s funny, watching picture and picture with other college games and like guys barely get touched in other conferences and it’s a call.

It'll fock everyone up come tournament time.   There is no way Houston or Iowa state will be able to play as they have been allowed to in conference play with other refs officiating their games. 

3 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

It'll fock everyone up come tournament time.   There is no way Houston or Iowa state will be able to play as they have been allowed to in conference play with other refs officiating their games. 

Probably not, but you sort of get a reputation for it and the refs Call it accordingly. It’s not like West Virginia was getting bounced out of the first round all the time.

Probably not, but you sort of get a reputation for it and the refs Call it accordingly. It’s not like West Virginia was getting bounced out of the first round all the time.

You get to playing a certain style of game, and when you have to get out of your style and make adjustments it doesn't airways go well

Hunter Dickinson dislocated his shoulder in meaningless minutes in a blowout loss 🤦‍♂️

52 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Hunter Dickinson dislocated his shoulder in meaningless minutes in a blowout loss 🤦‍♂️

Ugg no way. 

Perfect way for IU to end the season. Can't wait to run it back with Woodson next year with even less talent, if that's even possible.

Good times.

Yall want to watch an absolute rock fight…iowa state vs Houston round 3 for the Big 12 title tomorrow evening.

We split this year and these are the two best defensive teams in the country. Will be awesome.

11 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Yall want to watch an absolute rock fight…iowa state vs Houston round 3 for the Big 12 title tomorrow evening.

We split this year and these are the two best defensive teams in the country. Will be awesome.

I had tickets, would have went but too much going on and I honestly don't care who wins.   But I will be watching.  Good luck to isu, yall do have a decent fan base. 

6 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I had tickets, would have went but too much going on and I honestly don't care who wins.   But I will be watching.  Good luck to isu, yall do have a decent fan base. 

Understandable. Yeah, should be an interesting game. I don’t think we’ll win but hoping we can make it interesting. Yeah, Kansas City is definitely our jam…. we certainly don’t have a lot of traditions, but flooding Kansas City for the tournament more than pretty much anyone is, probably it. 

Just now, cyclone24 said:

Understandable. Yeah, should be an interesting game. I don’t think we’ll win but hoping we can make it interesting. Yeah, Kansas City is definitely our jam…. we certainly don’t have a lot of traditions, but flooding Kansas City for the tournament more than pretty much anyone is, probably it. 

Good luck!  With all the injuries you have a pretty good chance.  

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Good luck!  With all the injuries you have a pretty good chance.  

You’re a Houston guy aren’t you? You guys have such a fun team and I like it that are fans have a lot of respect for each other. Hoping you guys end up like us and Kansas where it’s a great rivalry but it’s fun. We used to have that with Kansas State, but then they became Unapologetic pricks this year.

41 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

You’re a Houston guy aren’t you? You guys have such a fun team and I like it that are fans have a lot of respect for each other. Hoping you guys end up like us and Kansas where it’s a great rivalry but it’s fun. We used to have that with Kansas State, but then they became Unapologetic pricks this year.

Yes I am.  Our history of failure makes old fans like me more respectful and appreciative!   To a good game!  🍻

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yes I am.  Our history of failure makes old fans like me more respectful and appreciative!   To a good game!  🍻

No, you guys are good this year.  And the thing is teams like Purdue and North Carolina don’t really scare me as the other number ones. He even arizona got curb stomped this week.

No, you guys are good this year.  And the thing is teams like Purdue and North Carolina don’t really scare me as the other number ones. He even arizona got curb stomped this week.

The injuries really hurt the offense but when you play great defense you always have a chance.  

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

The injuries really hurt the offense but when you play great defense you always have a chance.  

Yeah, that first game we played against you guys and even the second one, but that was played at such a high-level. If we could somehow both play like that against everyone in the tournament, we will be in the finals against each other. 
Well good luck tonight. Hoping we win but if not over 121 1/2 points will take a little sting off a potential loss….allegedly of course.

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

It's what, 3, 4 hours usually for your fans to get to kc.  The difference is that if isu ( or even k- state), they can make the championship game on Saturday night fairly easily by making plans that morning.   That isn't the case with the Texas schools or new additions, so it'll be hard for others to have s solid fan base in the seats like you all can.   But it's still, always going to be a home crowd feeling when ku plays.   You all just seem to be in second place behind us lately.   I really miss having the old bug 8 schools around, honestly. 

5 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

It's what, 3, 4 hours usually for your fans to get to kc.  The difference is that if isu ( or even k- state), they can make the championship game on Saturday night fairly easily by making plans that morning.   That isn't the case with the Texas schools or new additions, so it'll be hard for others to have s solid fan base in the seats like you all can.   But it's still, always going to be a home crowd feeling when ku plays.   You all just seem to be in second place behind us lately.   I really miss having the old bug 8 schools around, honestly. 

Yeah, when Kansas and Iowa State are in it, it’s really really close to who ends up bringing more fans. I don’t really feel bad for the Texas schools. I mean Baylor built a new arena that’s half the size of both of ours. They just don’t give a crap, they held it in Dallas and none of them showed up to that. 
I mean, I don’t believe for a second that if Texas Tech and Baylor were in the final,  that that place would be full.

28 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, when Kansas and Iowa State are in it, it’s really really close to who ends up bringing more fans. I don’t really feel bad for the Texas schools. I mean Baylor built a new arena that’s half the size of both of ours. They just don’t give a crap, they held it in Dallas and none of them showed up to that. 
I mean, I don’t believe for a second that if Texas Tech and Baylor were in the final,  that that place would be full.

Fair points

13 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

UConn, back-to-back.  All you need to know. :first::blink:

They very well could for sure. The hard part is I always say you need at least three NBA caliber guys to win a national championship and I keep going up and down these top 10 and I’m struggling to find three guys on each roster and I think you see that reflected, and how many top 10 teams have lost this year to un ranked opponents. 

Connecticut and Arizona are probably the two teams  I don’t want Iowa State to have any part of.

They very well could for sure. The hard part is I always say you need at least three NBA caliber guys to win a national championship and I keep going up and down these top 10 and I’m struggling to find three guys on each roster and I think you see that reflected, and how many top 10 teams have lost this year to un ranked opponents. 

Connecticut and Arizona are probably the two teams  I don’t want Iowa State to have any part of.

Furphy, Dickinson and mccullar :ninja:

Chucky Hepburn (from Omaha/Bellevue) with the layup for the Badgers to tie it up with Purdue.

OT starts now. 

Huskers vs Illini next

13 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Furphy, Dickinson and mccullar :ninja:

Lol stop. 

If it helps, I don’t think we have anybody that can even play the G league

1 minute ago, Gepetto said:

Chucky Hepburn (from Omaha/Bellevue) with the layup for the Badgers to tie it up with Purdue.

OT starts now. 

Huskers vs Illini next

Yeah, that was a nice set to tie it up. I really would like to see the boilermakers on our side of the bracket. They are so freaking vulnerable. 

7 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, that was a nice set to tie it up. I really would like to see the boilermakers on our side of the bracket. They are so freaking vulnerable. 

So in this OT, two questionable calls against Wisconsin and both players fouled out now.

9 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Lol stop. 

If it helps, I don’t think we have anybody that can even play the G league

Furphy and Dickinson are likely going in the first or early second (both might be a year away though) and mccullar is probably g-league bound :dunno: