Sign in to follow this  
League Champion

Dead Criminals Commit Less Crime, Prove Me Wrong

14 minutes ago, League Champion said:

The killing is absolutely justified, the extra rounds were to make sure. 

What do you think??

That's a complex legal question. 

There is a lot of legal conjecture by many of the radical leftists on this forum, in that it's impossible to claim and be cleared for a "self defense" shooting if you shoot someone in the back and/or shoot an unarmed person. 

That's just not true. However it is much harder to show the persistent "threat" to your life or the lives of others if you shoot someone in the back 4-5 times after they are down and not moving. But even still, the context of the situation has to be evaluated on it's own merits. 

"Use of force" does not operate on a continuum for civilians. It also does not operate on a tiered checklist. And you are not required in most states to offer a "hostile ID and challenge" 

Each state is different. Also the tone and political culture is different in each area. Each time that guy fired his handgun, that's each time his state of mind and the context of the situation will be evaluated. 

A general unspoken rule is the more taxes you pay, the more leeway public policy generally operates towards firearm use of force. If you are a small business owner and/or a homeowner in the city or town in question, then to heavily prosecute you creates an open disincentive for others to live and start businesses there. A dwindling tax base will ensure that city or town will eventually collapse. Your state of mind can also be measurably different if you are alone versus if you are with your young kids and you fear for their lives. 

That last shot might be a tough one from a legal standpoint. So the answer will always be - It depends. 

That being said, one thing that will likely emerge in current culture and American society is you'll see more firearm use of force with the shooter just getting up and leaving. Let's be honest, if someone shot a career criminal in NY in what appears to be self defense, why would you risk your life, your family and career by putting yourself in the hands of a woke activist idiot like DA Alvin Bragg?  You'll also see more civilians shooting these criminals. 

Do I think that's a good thing? No, I actually don't. Most civilians have little to no practical firearms training. I'd prefer there was more mandatory formal training for gun ownership. That being said, the average every day working class American has been effectively abandoned in terms of basic civil order. I'd prefer fewer UNTRAINED civilians with firearms ( trained is another matter entirely) out in public, but the situation is there is no choice for most people. The current Democratic Party and Biden Administration are basically leaving rank and file Americans out there as pure targets. 

Anti-Gun people aren't always wrong. I'd say most of the time, their rhetoric is baseless and most of them don't understand fundamental law. But sometimes their concerns actually have a real point. That being said, most are "Gun Grabbers" in absolute terms. Under those conditions, compromise is essentially impossible. 

But yes, more shootings as per this Twitter video would definitely have a deterrent effect on some of the widespread crime going on in major cities. 

Personally, if some career criminal goes around trying to harm innocent civilians, then in my book, they've placed their lives in forfeit to those around them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

That's a complex legal question. 

It is, but he was dead long before he gifted that guy with 4 extra free rounds. 

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

Janitor has his work cut out for him.

My Man bled out like a stuffed pig. 

He won't be robbing anyone ever again. Thank you brave security guard. Here's one less Animal that we have to worry about. 

2 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

Janitor has his work cut out for him.

• Haha 1

I do enjoy a dead criminal story, thank you for posting  :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, League Champion said:

The killing is absolutely justified, the extra rounds were to make sure. 

What do you think??

100% Justified. 

12 hours ago, League Champion said:

He'll be fine, they can probably put his head back together

One of those rare videos that actually qualifies for the VIEWERS DISCRETION WARNING.

Perfect outcome.