Sign in to follow this  
LSUtiger

Input on pick 1.08 in rookie draft

Have 1.08 in rookie draft in a non-SF 0.5 PPR dynasty league.  

My RBs are rough, so leaning Charbonnet or Miller out of need, but is Kincaid a significantly better BPA value? I think I’ll have a shot at all 3.  

For context, we start 5 WR/TE per week and these are my top options, so not sure Kincaid is worth me passing on a RB: 
1. Olave 
2. Metcalf  
3. Diontae 
4. Hollywood  
5. Bateman 
6. Doubs 
7. Freirmeuth 
8. Njoku 
9. Trey McBride 

Not a lot to go on there, but if you are going TE, I like LaPorta over Kincaid.  Bigsby keeps climbing in my ranks of those second tier rookie backs.

I'd draft both Miller and Charbonnet ahead of Kincaid.  

1. In a format where you can mix WR/TE, the value of tightends drop because positional scarcity is no longer a factor.
  2. We hype young TEs every year.  Even Kyle Pitts is struggling to make a fantasy impact.  Kincaid will still be behind Knox and do we think Buffalo is going to get away from 3 WR sets?
  3. This class is loaded at tightend if you're looking for a pass catcher and falls off drastically at RB and WR, so you could swing around and get LaPorta or even Luke Musgrave if you think he can stay healthy.
  • Thanks 2

I think Murphy landed in a good spot with the Raiders.  

On 6/18/2023 at 11:08 PM, Showboat said:

Not a lot to go on there, but if you are going TE, I like LaPorta over Kincaid.  Bigsby keeps climbing in my ranks of those second tier rookie backs.

I'm with Showboat here. I like LaPorta this year a little more than Kincaid.  TE KINCAID is gonna be a good one just maybe not this year so if I were you at pick 1.08.I'd lean on taking.RB Charbonet first.and if he's not available then Kendre Miller. If Kamara gets.suspended for an extended amount of time then MILLER'svalue will rise because then it'll be Jamaal Williams and Miller toting the rock.I think Freiermuth and Njoku should have good years but as I said I like LaPorta a little better than Kincaid this year. I'd bet LaPorta slots in as the starting TE for the Lions week 1. If you're looking for a sleeper in the 2nd round take a look at the Bengals rookie Chase Brown. He had a pretty decent college career and with the status of.Joe.Mixon I.think Chase.Briwn could slot in as Mixon's backup and get significant opportunities especially if.Mixon misses time given his off-field issues.

• Thanks 1

I actually like Like Musgrave if he can avoid getting injured in camp

8 hours ago, DocNiner said:

I'm with Showboat here. I like LaPorta this year a little more than Kincaid.  TE KINCAID is gonna be a good one just maybe not this year so if I were you at pick 1.08.I'd lean on taking.RB Charbonet first.and if he's not available then Kendre Miller. If Kamara gets.suspended for an extended amount of time then MILLER'svalue will rise because then it'll be Jamaal Williams and Miller toting the rock.I think Freiermuth and Njoku should have good years but as I said I like LaPorta a little better than Kincaid this year. I'd bet LaPorta slots in as the starting TE for the Lions week 1. If you're looking for a sleeper in the 2nd round take a look at the Bengals rookie Chase Brown. He had a pretty decent college career and with the status of.Joe.Mixon I.think Chase.Briwn could slot in as Mixon's backup and get significant opportunities especially if.Mixon misses time given his off-field issues.

Miller is starting to gain some momentum on my rankings.  

I'd probably rank them something like 

Bijan

Njigba

Anthony Richardson

Quentin Johnston

Gibbs

Jordan Addison

Kendre

Charbonnet

Zay flowers

Tank bigsby

Kincaid

LaPorta

Stroud

Bryce

Musgrave 

Sleepers would be

Darnell Washington - he seems to have the right attitude even though he's behind friermuth and is probably 2 years away from anything.  He prides himself on blocking, but I think he's a sneaky good pass catcher.

Dewayne McBride - everyone is on Mattison, but McBride is pretty good and Mattison is a get what's blocked and nothing else kind of guy

Sean Tucker - only has bad players in front of him.

Chris Rodriguez - pounder out of Kentucky that has been showing well in camp

Tyjae Spears if you want the best player, otherwise someone else if you don’t .

The above endorsement is brought to you by , Sargent Schultz, he knows nothing.