Sign in to follow this  
the spanker

Where is Doug Orth's PPR rankings?

6 hours ago, the spanker said:

Thank you so much Doug!!! 

I hope you'll be willing to answer any questions from all of us forum posters after we've read through your Big Board Top 200 for PPR leagues. 

I truly love your logic and rationale that goes into putting your rankings together.

I traditionally use them when draft day arrives! 

I will do my best. I will be making my annual trek to Canton for the King's Classic and Fantasy Football Expo this week, so I may not check this forum a lot over the next week. But yes, I will answer questions here, via email or Twitter.

• Like 1

Whoa, no wonder I won the championship last year; I had 14 of the top 60 players from this list.

I can keep 1 RB of JK Dobbins, Dameon Pierce, Travis Etienne, David Montgomery, Khalil Herbert. Since I had all of these guys last year I'm familiar with them. Fantasy Guru has Dobbins, Pierce, and Montgomery ahead of Etienne and I'm sort of surprised. I'm keeping Etienne. 

:5 ppr I would keep Montgomery.  Full ppr I think I would go with Etienne. 

20 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Fantasy Guru has Dobbins, Pierce, and Montgomery ahead of Etienne

Guru likely knows reasons Etienne could be a '23 disappointment. Currently drafted Rb 11. Finished Rb 24 last year, though Jags stunningly used James Robinson early despite coming off an achilles, but finally benched. From weeks 7 to 17, Etienne was Rb 15.  Still not great, due to modest receptions which everyone thought they could count on.

Coach Pederson has never utilized a single workhorse system (look at 5 years in PHI). Jags drafted Tank Bigsby with a 3rd rounder, so he'll get a chunk of rotational work - rookie can catch too. And probably all the goal line work where Etienne struggled badly (14 carries inside the five, only 3 Tds, 0.7 ypc). 6'3" Lawrence also steals some qb sneaks.

Jags signed Ridley and used a 2nd rounder on Te Strange, so Etienne's receptions might not improve like drafters hope. Finally it's worth noting Etienne was drafted by Urban Meyer, so Pederson has no loyalty to him. 

No goal line work, 2-3 rec per game, 70+- yards...   Rb 11   :mellow:

17 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Whoa, no wonder I won the championship last year; I had 14 of the top 60 players from this list.

I can keep 1 RB of JK Dobbins, Dameon Pierce, Travis Etienne, David Montgomery, Khalil Herbert. Since I had all of these guys last year I'm familiar with them. Fantasy Guru has Dobbins, Pierce, and Montgomery ahead of Etienne and I'm sort of surprised. I'm keeping Etienne. 

I noticed this order of RBs is just the Big Board 200.

The actual FFToday rankings have Etienne (#15 RB) which is higher than all of those guys I listed.

Watch out for Bigsby, and E Johnson who was on the Browns, both will bite into Etienne playing time.  

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Watch out for Bigsby, and E Johnson who was on the Browns, both will bite into Etienne playing time.  

Feels like a potential Swift / Williams situation.  One disappointed, the other over-performed.

4 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Feels like a potential Swift / Williams situation.  One disappointed, the other over-performed.

That’s the rb situation in ff today.  Makes me wonder if drafting two Rbs from the same is a good move in today’s ff.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

That’s the rb situation in ff today.  Makes me wonder if drafting two Rbs from the same is a good move in today’s ff.  

Probably works better today with more committees. I'll only draft the back-up to my starter if I think he can produce WHILE the starter is playing, and/or he's a hyped rookie with potential. Like Etienne - Tank; Jones - Dillon, Walker - Charbo; etc.

I won't do it just for the sake of having the "handcuff."  Chuba Hubbard cured me of that. Unstartable until McCaff got injured, and as the new starter... he was terrible. Nobody was surprised because Chuba was a JAG (just a guy) on a bad team. Wasted draft pick and year-long roster-clogger. Better off drafting a lotto ticket who can be easily dropped if they don't pan out, and dig for waivers.

The likes of B Robinson, and A Gibson is another.  

Thanks.  

Thanks Doug!  Your ppr Big Board commentary compelled me to pick this guy up late in my draft.

Could he pay off for the entire season?

(fantasypros) Samaje Perine, who the Broncos signed in the offseason, has a real chance to be the lead-back for a large part of the 2023 season.

Analysis: Perine has shown an elite ability as a pass-catcher out of the backfield in Cincinnati, as he finished in the top 15 of yards per route run among all RBs in 2022. Now in Denver, with the uncertainty surrounding Javonte Williams' health, Perine may be the go-to back for a big chunk of the season. With Sean Payton in town, Russell Wilson may check it down more, especially given the lack of depth at WR on the roster. This gives Perine an elite upside to begin the season. Perine is currently going as the RB39 in half-PPR leagues and is a prime candidate to outperform that ADP early. Perine is an excellent buy-low, sell-high candidate to add to your team in the later rounds, especially to offset the risk of drafting someone like Alvin Kamara.

On 9/1/2023 at 7:28 PM, the spanker said:

Thanks Doug!  Your ppr Big Board commentary compelled me to pick this guy up late in my draft.

Could he pay off for the entire season?

(fantasypros) Samaje Perine, who the Broncos signed in the offseason, has a real chance to be the lead-back for a large part of the 2023 season.

Analysis: Perine has shown an elite ability as a pass-catcher out of the backfield in Cincinnati, as he finished in the top 15 of yards per route run among all RBs in 2022. Now in Denver, with the uncertainty surrounding Javonte Williams' health, Perine may be the go-to back for a big chunk of the season. With Sean Payton in town, Russell Wilson may check it down more, especially given the lack of depth at WR on the roster. This gives Perine an elite upside to begin the season. Perine is currently going as the RB39 in half-PPR leagues and is a prime candidate to outperform that ADP early. Perine is an excellent buy-low, sell-high candidate to add to your team in the later rounds, especially to offset the risk of drafting someone like Alvin Kamara.

My pleasure.

Yes, I think Perine has season-long value, although I could see Jaleel McLaughlin making this a three-man RBBC as the season progresses (Javonte - 40%, Perine - 30-35%, McLaughlin - 10-15%).

• Like 1