Mike FF Today

Round One - Three Commentary - July Mock 2023

Just now, Mike FF Today said:

The high end quarterbacks (Mahomes, Hurts, Allen, etc) have proven to be difference makers, especially last season.

This is true. I guess the way I look at it is someone like Hurts was a 6th rounder last year (he was my target in a lot of my redrafts). I enjoy waiting and trying to pinpoint the next difference maker but also understand the value in taking the already established difference maker. 

• Like 1

I really thought about Gibbs over Aaron Jones, I like that RB pairing WW.

7 minutes ago, worm said:

I really thought about Gibbs over Aaron Jones, I like that RB pairing WW.

Thanks. Same bye week but I like Etienne decently more than the next on my list. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I can't remember the last time this many QBs went in the first 3 rounds.  Why is it trending that way?

I had no intention on looking at Burrow there until I saw the other 3 disappear so early 

We have 2 teams that went 3 RB in the first 4 rounds.  Was WhiteWonder on to something in the June mock?

18 minutes ago, worm said:

We have 2 teams that went 3 RB in the first 4 rounds.  Was WhiteWonder on to something in the June mock?

He ended up with a pretty sweet team, but I didnt do this because of his result.    I actually had good reason to go this direction.

Jacobs (my #2 RB) might hold out and the number of good backs remaining is small and the fact we play a flex meant I could go RB and if Jacobs plays I have a really good flex.  if he doesnt I still have a solid second RB.

if I didnt have Jacobs I may not have gone with this strategy.

Yeah after actually looking at your team that makes sense.  Could have argued the same with Saquon too.

• Like 1