Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

Late round Tight Ends

One more vote for Ju. Johnson... Carr and Waller were a thing, and Johnson is pretty solid. 

On 8/16/2023 at 10:18 PM, GobbleDog said:

Even if you invest a 2nd round pick and luck out with him actually finishing Te 2 like Hockenson last year who scored 215 points, the point difference between Te 15 equated to only 4.4 points per game.

This topic came up among some friends recently and one guy had an interesting take -  He acknowledged 2 to 5 point difference per game doesn't sound like much.

But he pointed out everyone loses a game or so by just two to five points, and one win/loss could be the difference in making the playoffs. Also near the end of the season when you desperately need a win to make the playoffs, or to move on to the next round - a top Te is less likely to have a dud game when ya need points most, than a Te 12+ who often lay eggs.

Still not sure I'm gonna do it, but that's the best argument I've ever heard for drafting a Te early. Just thought I'd share.

I hope that the rb/wr that the early rd te drafter is passing makes up the difference.  

25 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I hope that the rb/wr that the early rd te drafter is passing makes up the difference.  

Agreed, which is why I think that argument makes more sense rd 4th or later, where the difference between Rb/Wrs taken there vs the following round isn't nearly as much.

It’s the same debate for the Qb slot.  

The TEs after Kelce are so overrated; they have plenty of bad games, and a couple blow out games. I'm in a start 2 TE and had Mark Andrews and Hockenson last year. Hockenson had plenty of 10 point games (ppr) and Mark Andrews was bad down the stretch. 

I'll just settle for Dalton Schultz and Okonkwo, maybe Jake Ferguson too.

Juwan Johnson- NO   ADP 188 overall

with terrible QB play he got 500 yards in 16 games played last year.    with Carr, a QB who likes to use his TE's?   this guy may actually have an outside chance to be a sneaky top 12 play.

in any format where you draft more than one TE I'd strongly consider him.    in all likelihood he goes undrafted in a lot of formats.    so keep a close watch on him.  if he flashes early and you are not happy with your current TE, he may be a good candidate for a pickup.

I'm all in on Dalton Kincaid... he was talked up by many from numerous teams.  It just makes too much sense... limited weapons on offense with the exception of Diggs, 1st round pick, athletic, calling him Baby Kelce...I'm all in ! 

On 8/17/2023 at 10:48 AM, League Champion said:

What is the word on Mayer? I'm not hearing much buzz. 

I recently heard Mayer was awesome in Notre Dame, with a noodle-arm Qb dumping off to him. Similar to his situation with Jimmy G. There's also the possibility Devante Adams gets traded before the deadline, which could help Mayer more.

Not saying he's gonna be a star this year, but I thought that tidbit was interesting.