Sign in to follow this  
Cretins

4 Keeper League

10 team non PPR league.  Play 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR and 1 flex.   Up to 40 players off the board right from the start due to keepers.

The slam dunk / no brainer

Tyreek Hill @ round 2.  He's a given, so really it's just 3 of the following 5...

The guys I really like, but early picks

Tee Higgins @ round 3.  (Am I being blinded as a life-long Bengals fan finally seeing success?)

Joe Burrow @ round 5.  Starting with a top tier QB and not having to worry about a backup until later means some comfort for that position.

Guys I'm not as high on, but the value is pretty sweet

Rachaad White @ round 13. Late pick, but that O line looks horrible and game script will probably call for heavy passing when they get behind.

Tyler Lockett @ round 14.  Was last year an illusion?  Can we really trust Geno Smith?

The guy I'm really on the fence on

James Cook @ round 9.  I kept waiting for the Bills to pick up one of the veteran free agent RBs, but still nothing.  Does this mean they have faith in Cook?

I want to start with at least 1 RB and I'm leaning towards Cook but could be swayed over to White at his value.  Originally I was looking at Hall @ round 4 but the Dalvin signing killed that. 

2 hours ago, Cretins said:

10 team non PPR league.  Play 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR and 1 flex.   Up to 40 players off the board right from the start due to keepers.

The slam dunk / no brainer

Tyreek Hill @ round 2.  He's a given, so really it's just 3 of the following 5...

The guys I really like, but early picks

Tee Higgins @ round 3.  (Am I being blinded as a life-long Bengals fan finally seeing success?)

Joe Burrow @ round 5.  Starting with a top tier QB and not having to worry about a backup until later means some comfort for that position.

Guys I'm not as high on, but the value is pretty sweet

Rachaad White @ round 13. Late pick, but that O line looks horrible and game script will probably call for heavy passing when they get behind.

Tyler Lockett @ round 14.  Was last year an illusion?  Can we really trust Geno Smith?

The guy I'm really on the fence on

James Cook @ round 9.  I kept waiting for the Bills to pick up one of the veteran free agent RBs, but still nothing.  Does this mean they have faith in Cook?

I want to start with at least 1 RB and I'm leaning towards Cook but could be swayed over to White at his value.  Originally I was looking at Hall @ round 4 but the Dalvin signing killed that. 

ok here is my take:

I also like Tyreek Hill in round 2.  thats a no brainer.

I actually dont like Higgins for a 3rd rounder.   the July Mock (12 teamer) Higgins went in the 3rd.   in a 10 teamer, you should be able to get him back in round 3 almost for sure.  Maybe even in round 4 if things fall right.   and i generally think in this format it is a good policy not to keep someone if you think there is a fair chance you can get them back with the same pick in the actual draft.  only exception is if you really have no other good options.    This isnt a terrible move but if you like him you can just keep your pick and re draft him in the 3rd (unless there is someone on the board you like better)

Burrow for a 5th is a no brainer.   This is good value.  you wont get a QB of his calibre in the 5th if you throw him back.

Lockett for a 14th should also be a no brainer.  I know there are risks with the guy but you can tolerate a lot of risk with a player when you only have to give up a 14th round pick.  he could be your WR2 or WR3 if he underperforms.

I dont mind James cook for a 9th round pick.  it looks like hes been given the starting job.   a 9th round pick for a starting RB on a winning team is good value.   if he ends up being a dud, a 9th round pick wont break the bank.  but if hes a 1000 yard player, you got a RB2 for very cheap.

so my choices would be:

Hill for a 2nd

Burrow for a 5th

Locket for a 14th

Cook for a 9th

Hill

Burrow

White

J Cook.  

Depends if it is 4 or 6 point passing TD. I think burrow loses alot of value to the rushing QB's in 4 point passing TD leagues.

4 Point:

Hill

Locket

White

Cook

6 point passing TD:

Hill

Locket

cook

Burrow

I would keep the top 3 guys, Tyreek, Burrow, and Higgins, along with Lockett.

That gives you a starting QB and two starting WRs, plus some WR depth.

You can then focus on RBs in the draft

Thanks for the input guys!

One comment re: getting Higgins in round 3 or 4, with the draft starting with 40 players already off the board, players tend to go earlier than their ADP in the earlier rounds.  Chances are he won't make it out of the 2nd round. 

And to the question about scoring, QB TD = 6 points, so Burrows @ 5 really does make sense.  I've yet to come up with a combination I like that doesn't include him. 

I think my biggest waffling now is between Cook @ 9 and White @ 13.  Grabbing White 4 rounds later is tempting, but I really don't have much faith in that Bucs offence this year.  I think I have to stick with Cook. 

16 hours ago, Cretins said:

Thanks for the input guys!

One comment re: getting Higgins in round 3 or 4, with the draft starting with 40 players already off the board, players tend to go earlier than their ADP in the earlier rounds.  Chances are he won't make it out of the 2nd round. 

And to the question about scoring, QB TD = 6 points, so Burrows @ 5 really does make sense.  I've yet to come up with a combination I like that doesn't include him. 

I think my biggest waffling now is between Cook @ 9 and White @ 13.  Grabbing White 4 rounds later is tempting, but I really don't have much faith in that Bucs offence this year.  I think I have to stick with Cook. 

That is a fair point.    

Maybe I'd keep him instead of Lockett

Tyreek Hill

James Cook

Rachaad White

Joe Burrow

Lockett and Tee Higgins are WR2s on their own team. 

Draft WR1s on their team that get a lot of usage, examples: Christian Watson, DJ Moore

11 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Lockett and Tee Higgins are WR2s on their own team. 

true, but even in that role they seem to put up numbers.

There is considerably less risk with Higgins as his QB is fantastic (if healthy)   Lockett is now 29 and Seattle just spent a first on the guy who will likely replace him in a year or two.  so if deciding between those guys Higgins is a bit better and has considerably more upside given his role on the team.   though you are still giving up a higher pick so its not nearly as cut and dried as this.