Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Austin Ekeler Watch - Ankle Injury

On 9/15/2023 at 3:36 PM, Einstein's Dog said:

Ekeler with the DNP on Friday.  Odds are now in favor of him sitting out Sunday.  J Kelley starting to look like a possible top 15 RB play this Sunday.

13-39 rushing no catches or touchdowns. Good call, Nostradamus…

On 9/17/2023 at 5:30 PM, jrokh said:

13-39 rushing no catches or touchdowns. Good call, Nostradamus…

Maybe he'll get some more chances.  Per Rotoworld:

Chargers HC Brandon Staley told reporters there is “no timeline” for Austin Ekeler’s return from his ankle injury.

Well, that went from bad to worse real quickly. Expect Joshua Kelley to continue serving as the team’s lead back in his absence, after Kelley played a massive 79 percent of the team’s offensive snaps in Week 2. Fantasy managers that sunk first-round capital into the veteran back have to be struggling to fill the void left behind.

On NBC sports, the old Rotoworld, they have a podcast with Matthew Berry where they are baffled by the "no timetable for return" for Ekeler.  They apparently haven't pieced it together.  They love Ekeler because he is a FFer, talks about it, invested in it.

Anyways, Ekeler did not practice Wednesday.  Odds continue to increase that he won't suit up this weekend.  J Kelley needs to get his act together.  Much better opportunity this time with Minnesota.

On 9/15/2023 at 2:36 PM, Einstein's Dog said:

Ekeler with the DNP on Friday.  Odds are now in favor of him sitting out Sunday.  J Kelley starting to look like a possible top 15 RB play this Sunday.

I started him thinking he might get red zone opportunities but not yards. It didn’t work out.

39 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Watch Kelley do better this week than Ford, Swift, Breida.

The Titans sell out against the run. Like full on sell out Have not allowed a rusher to go over 100 yards in a game in 8 games and were the leagues best against the run last year. The vikings/chargers is expected to be a shoot out so he could easily do 80 yards and 2 short tds. 

• Like 1

I watched the video, got to admit Ekeler is saying all the right things and not showing any grudge at all (just the way we would have told him to do it).  No need for a grudge, they say, you just need to realize this is a business.  From Ekeler's business perspective the games that really matter now are the Monday night against Dallas and then the national KC game.

According to the Charger report, Ekeler did not practice again today (Thursday).  Odds are now Ekeler won't play on Sunday.  

If Ekeler doesn't play Sunday, you can then see the logic of if he stays out for the Raiders game he will then get the bye and two weeks rest to be 100% for what is a big showcase game for him.

Hard to get info on Ekeler, rotoworld hasn't reported anything yet.  But on his podcast the part below caught my attention:

I'm doing everything I can to get back, and be healthy, and not have any major setbacks. 

That blurb makes me think he is out until the Monday night Dallas game after the bye (as I predicted long ago).  Not that it matters much to me because I'm not starting J Kelley over Ford or K Williams again (even though it is home against the Raiders).

Might be his norm.