Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Trade G.Wilson for Kupp ?

If I'm the G.Wilson owner and I can somehow trade away Wilson for Kupp, do I do that?  I'm concerned that Wilson is gonna struggle big time with Zach Wilson as his QB. Kupp is the injury risk, though, but his upside is far superior to Wilson's at his point if both are healthy. 

Do I go for that trade or hold G.Wilson? 

tough call.

how is the rest of your team?

in the end you need to be able to play with a dead spot on your roster for 4 to 6 weeks.   I guess you can trade for Kupp and stream top WR options for a couple weeks. 

but if you think you will still be in the hunt when Kupp returns at that point you will be happy to have him.

No

48 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

tough call.

how is the rest of your team?

in the end you need to be able to play with a dead spot on your roster for 4 to 6 weeks.   I guess you can trade for Kupp and stream top WR options for a couple weeks. 

but if you think you will still be in the hunt when Kupp returns at that point you will be happy to have him.

My other WRs are Lamb and Olave, so I am okay. But yes, all of this depends on how long Kupp is out. I get that. 

Are there other possible trade targets for G.Wilson? I want to move him, esp while his preseason hype is still somewhat high and he had that acrobatic TD catch in game 1. I'm thinking of guys like D.Adams, Higgins, etc....I will not trade down...just looking for someone near him in the preseason rankings that may have had a tough week 1....

wilsons stats are better without Zach wilson at QB than they were with him in there.

so I dont think I'm out of line thinking his numbers will drop some.

I'd say hes no longer a WR1.   hes probably a high end WR3 or low end WR2 now.   so that makes this trade somewhat reasonable if you can hold the fort until Kupp is ready to return.

but if you are not competitive for the 4-5 weeks it may take for Kupp to return this trade then hurts you.

for that reason it is a judgement call  in your case I think it is likely worth the risk

dont forget that Kupp doesnt just have to get through this issue and return... he may deal with lingering issues all season. 

I would err toward NO, even though Wilsons value just took a massive hit. 

I'd keep GWilson.  It's a young man's game, and it's concerning to me that Kupp wasn't ready to come back for the beginning of the season.

If you have Lamb and Olave I would trade Wilson for Kupp. 

I was high on Garrett Wilson before the season and he could still be good, but I think the chances of him hitting his max potential are low now with Zach Wilson at QB. 

If Kupp comes back and is still Kupp he’s a league winner. 

I disagree, since you have Lamb and Olave I would keep Wilson.