Sign in to follow this  
bjengel

Handcuff or take a flier?

I've always been a big handcuff guy for my RB's and this year is no exception.  My RB's this season are:

Barkley & Brieda  /   Taylor & Moss  /  and I just traded for Josh Jacobs and I picked up Zamir White.

I have 1 roster spot available and with the talk coming out yesterday that it sounds like Taylor still isn't planning on playing for Indy even after he is eligible next week and still wants to be traded, but Indy has no intention of trading him or giving him an extension, this could drag on well past week 4, I'm debating what to do.

Do I dig deep and pick up Trey Serman just as a handcuff to Zach Moss and proceed that way?....... or my other option is that Tyjae Spears (TEN) is still sitting out there and I was debating on grabbing him and taking a flier on him.   Henry hasn't looked good, he's getting older, has a lot of wear and tear on that body and Spears has been out snapping him so far this season.

Do I handcuff Moss until the Taylor situation works out and grab Trey Serman,  or do I take the flier on Tyjae Spears?

well, I always try to make my pickups based on how the player is expected to perform in the current situation.   But a handcuff can be a cheap way to back yourself up in the event there is a lack of decent RB's on the wire.

It sounds like you have a lot of RB's on your roster already.   how many do you start?    and are the rules standard or PPR?

We start 2 RB's, but could start a 3rd at the flex spot  -  I'm kinda thin at WR, so typically I have been starting a RB at flex.

It's a 1/2 point PPR league.

5 hours ago, bjengel said:

I've always been a big handcuff guy for my RB's and this year is no exception.  My RB's this season are:

Barkley & Brieda  /   Taylor & Moss  /  and I just traded for Josh Jacobs and I picked up Zamir White.

I have 1 roster spot available and with the talk coming out yesterday that it sounds like Taylor still isn't planning on playing for Indy even after he is eligible next week and still wants to be traded, but Indy has no intention of trading him or giving him an extension, this could drag on well past week 4, I'm debating what to do.

Do I dig deep and pick up Trey Serman just as a handcuff to Zach Moss and proceed that way?....... or my other option is that Tyjae Spears (TEN) is still sitting out there and I was debating on grabbing him and taking a flier on him.   Henry hasn't looked good, he's getting older, has a lot of wear and tear on that body and Spears has been out snapping him so far this season.

Do I handcuff Moss until the Taylor situation works out and grab Trey Serman,  or do I take the flier on Tyjae Spears?

It doesn’t look like Henry is washed up to me. Henry is more talented then Spears, the offensive line and the offense in general hasn’t done him any favors. Not sure why everyone assumes Spears would be more productive in the same situation. This is Sermon’s 3rd team and he barely has been able to get off the practice squad on any of them. I wouldn’t waste a roster spot for him. Since your thin at WR I would try for Marvin Mimms, Josh Downs, Quinten Johnston, Tank Dell or Adam Thielen receivers like that if any are available.

32 minutes ago, rilett said:

It doesn’t look like Henry is washed up to me. Henry is more talented then Spears, the offensive line and the offense in general hasn’t done him any favors. Not sure why everyone assumes Spears would be more productive in the same situation. This is Sermon’s 3rd team and he barely has been able to get off the practice squad on any of them. I wouldn’t waste a roster spot for him. Since your thin at WR I would try for Marvin Mimms, Josh Downs, Quinten Johnston, Tank Dell or Adam Thielen receivers like that if any are available.

well the line isnt playing well in Tennessee.  That is certainly part of the problem.

Spears has a natural advantage in that he is fast.  so if he can beat people to the corner he can round the corner before anyone gets to him and you dont need a good line to make that play work.  You need speed. (which he has)

To me that is his only real advantage.   but for my money I'd still rather have Henry (for this year at least)

Spears.   

Edwards is the one to own.