Sign in to follow this  
RareN64Dream

Projections

This site and their predictions are nothing I would faithfully follow. I been burnt so many times listening to the "experts". I see some of the projections and I scream at how it is trash. No offense, I appreciate everyone. Maybe, I just had a bad day yesterday. Fantasy playoffs got me stressed about who is gonna show up on the field.

Follow me down this thought process, and I hope I don’t offend anyone.  I’ve had this thought in the back of my mind for a while, and more so since DFS has become so big.  Most of todays fantasy “experts” have become so for their obvious ability to breakdown individual matchups that include the use of sophisticated algorithms they’ve devised, studying trends, injuries, snaps, intuition, etc.  And most of them have hardware to prove their abilities because they write, and play this game for a living.  They play against us daily, and they stay on top.  Most of what they write is sound, but is it everything? Maybe not.

• Like 1

No matter what sort of tools or tricks you use, it's still predicting the future of something you have absolutely no control over.

• Like 2

Final decision comes down to me, if I lose it’s on me, not some else. I get a lot great insight from other posters and the site predictions, but I not always follow along, once again I make the final decision.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Final decision comes down to me, if I lose it’s on me, not some else. I get a lot great insight from other posters and the site predictions, but I not always follow along, once again I make the final decision.  

If, after playing this game for 24 years, I've learned anything this season more than any, it's trust your gut. I've been burned a few times this year taking expert advice which conflicted with my gut, and then I got pissed because they were wrong. Totally agree that you have to make the choices. Since about week 10 I've been using the expert's advice simply for tie-breakers when I can't make up my mind, and even then I'll go to 5 or 6 sites and figure out if there's consensus.

Example this week: I like Geno against the Eagles, but most places I look have him lower than Browning. My choice and my loss if it happens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, polecatt said:

No matter what sort of tools or tricks you use, it's still predicting the future of something you have absolutely no control over.

This.  It's why I say that Fantasy sports is virtually all luck.  You can only make a prediction based on past experience.  It never takes into account human nature/impact and never takes into account weather.  When I say weather, I mean historically.  Sure, in this weeks Green Bay/Tampa game in Green Bay, we'll know the weather.  Anyone remember what the weather was last year in their Week 3 matchup in Tampa?  I don't.  Willing to bet no one else does either, unless they somehow got screwed by a player in that game.  Also willing to be that all these "experts" don't really track the weather either.  That's why they all say, "Well, it's going to be windy in Green Bay on Sunday, so you may want to temper your expectations".  They never say, "Well, last year when these two met in Tampa, there were really high winds from the coming hurricane, and everyone sucked that day, so they're all likely to suck on Sunday".

• Like 1