Sign in to follow this  
jpcdds

Rashee Rice

Surprised he hasn’t been a topic of conversation. Are we looking at a top 5 guy for the foreseeable future?  Dudes been a stud the  last 4 weeks and has put together one solid if bot spectacular rookie season. Thoughts? 

He certainly passes the eye test imo to have that ceiling. Not ready to say he's ascended to the heights of the top studs, but sure looks like he has been elevated to just behind that group. Next year probably depends on what the chiefs do in free agency. Say they bring in Tee Higgins, that might lower his ceiling, but who knows I'm sure he has a qb that could support two studs. 

45 minutes ago, jpcdds said:

Surprised he hasn’t been a topic of conversation. Are we looking at a top 5 guy for the foreseeable future?  Dudes been a stud the  last 4 weeks and has put together one solid if bot spectacular rookie season. Thoughts? 

hes not a yardage monster, so I wouldnt label him a WR1 yet.

I'd have to see how the chiefs are using him.  given the low yardage and high volume in terms of volume/catches I'd bet they are using him in the slot.

That said, once a guy proves himself, sometimes the team will push him to the outside to be a WR.   in looking at him hes not a large WR but not small either.   so he could be a tweener that can play anywhere.   personally I think hes a WR3 who gets bumped to WR2 because Mahomes is tossing the football.   I dont see him as a bonafide #1 WR.   but I could be wrong.  kids still growing as a player so the upside can be higher still

it is also worth noting the chiefs WR have been plagued by bad drops this year.  its also possible hes getting all the targets because the other targets in the offense are somewhat unreliable.   so its possible that if the chiefs get a true #1 on the roster he gets demoted again.    so there is an element of risk here too.

In my league, he has been the fourth ranked WR over the last four games.

As a rookie.

My guess is he’s a back end WR1 in the draft next year (like WR10) unless something huge occurs

He's been an excellent PPR WR the past few games. I don't know if he's a total stud just yet, but I think he's a guy you try to get in your line up every week.

Mahomes and Rice = winner.  Rice has been a blessing on both of my teams.