wolves111

Lessons learned from 2023

17 hours ago, TimHauck said:

“After the first 2 rounds” is not late IMO.  I also had Etienne in a couple leagues and Kamara in one, but I wouldn’t call where they were being drafted as “late,” even though I just said Kamara was probably the best pick I made.

You don’t think Miami was considered a RBBC leading into the season?

Once Wilson was hurt before the season started, I went bananas, saying to draft Mostert. 
So no, I didn’t Miami was a RBBC. 

starting to draft running backs after the third round as what I consider late.if you went wide, receiver, wide receiver, QB, then running backs, he might have a championship team right now.

Tyreek, deebo,hurts   Then start, drafting, running backs

if you need more examples, how about Kyren Williams at the end of the draft?

Rashad White in the fourth round. 
Kamara in the fifth round

Kenneth Walker in the fifth round

James Conner in the fifth round

Yeah I wouldn't take a QB before the 5th round. As said the WAIVER WIRE is VERY important. Look for players on the WW who are trending up and grab them and play your hot players. Always try to keep a strong bench if possible because injuries are gonna happen and if you try and rely knly kn your studs and don't get decent bench players you'll be toast if your studs go down and you don't have decent bench players. Kelce seems to be trending down.as the #1TE. I had posted before the season that Detroit Lions rookie TE Sam LaPorta was gonna be good this year. Nailed that one and yup tooting my own horn but it shows that you can get lucky with grabbing king a player that some may not say will do much but your gut tells you otherwise  GO WITH YOUR GUT and.most times it'll pay off.

• Haha 1

On 12/21/2023 at 8:27 PM, easilyscan said:

I tried streaming kickers this year. Not every week, but switched 4 or 5 times. Complete failure. Would've been much better off just keeping the guy I drafted in the last round, Jason Myers.

Fantasy
Player
Sort First: asc.gif desc.gif     Last: asc.gif desc.gif
Team
asc.gif desc.gif
G
asc.gif desc.gif
FGM
asc.gif desc.gif
FGA
asc.gif desc.gif
FG%
asc.gif desc.gif
EPM
asc.gif desc.gif
EPA
asc.gif desc.gif
FPts
asc.gif desc.gif
FPts/G
asc.gif desc.gif
 1. Brandon Aubrey DAL 14 31 31 100.0% 40 43 133.0 9.5
 2. Dustin Hopkins CLE 14 33 36 91.7% 22 24 121.0 8.6
 3. Justin Tucker BAL 14 27 32 84.4% 39 40 120.0 8.6
 4. Jason Myers SEA 14 28 35 80.0% 28 28 112.0 8.0
 5. Matt Gay IND 14 26 33 78.8% 32 33 110.0 7.9
 6. Harrison Butker KC 14 25 26 96.2% 34 34 109.0 7.8
 7. Jake Elliott PHI 14 24 26 92.3% 37 38 109.0 7.8
 8. Jake Moody SF 14 18 21 85.7% 53 53 107.0 7.6
 9. Wil Lutz DEN 14 27 29 93.1% 25 27 106.0 7.6
 10. Blake Grupe NO 14 25 32 78.1% 30 30 105.0 7.5

Case and Point why Kickers shouldn't be part of FF, the most Random/Luck position, that FF doesn't need more of.  If you look at the PreDraft rankings and the Final Stats, they're completely different, Noone uses any strategy in getting a Kicker, majority of Owners grab whoever is there in the last Round., Noone drafts 2 Kickers so you're guaranteed to get top 10 or 12 in the NFL, meaning you're getting a talented Kicker, just roll the dice on whether their offense gets stopped in the Red Zone on Sundays.

Case and point why kickers should be on ff teams, management.  

I learned that injuries are not the end.  you can recover if you make smart moves on the wire.

it is looking like I may have accomplished this feat this year.   its not a lock but my chances of winning appear to be good.   I played this weeks championship game with my top 2 WR, my top RB, my top 2 QB all out of the lineup. (2 QB league)

so my advice.   dont give up on the season when the injury bug hits you.

sometimes in the end it will turn out to be a blessing.

9 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I learned that injuries are not the end.  you can recover if you make smart moves on the wire.

it is looking like I may have accomplished this feat this year.   its not a lock but my chances of winning appear to be good.   I played this weeks championship game with my top 2 WR, my top RB, my top 2 QB all out of the lineup. (2 QB league)

so my advice.   dont give up on the season when the injury bug hits you.

sometimes in the end it will turn out to be a blessing.

Agree, injures are apart of the game, my two teams today, I started a total of five players that I had drafted, all others where trades, or FA pickups.