Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Russell Wilson trade :o

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

The risk is giving up a premium pick to grab a guy who has already basically proven to be a beloe average passer

Agree but #10 overall is no slam dunk. Top 5 I'd say no way, but #10 or 12 (wherever they end up). I'm fine with that, what's a better option? 

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Agree but #10 overall is no slam dunk. Top 5 I'd say no way, but #10 or 12 (wherever they end up). I'm fine with that, what's a better option? 

Teams don't look at it like that.  Picks are premium assets in the NFL.  This isn't thr NBA.  

Look around thr league at where QBs were drafted.  You act like you need a top 2 pick to find one.  Josh Allen was the 4th QB off the board in his draft.  Mahomes went what 11th?  

Hurts top of the 2nd.  Lamar in the 20s.  Purdy last pick of draft.  Dak 5th round.  

These are MVP candidates.

7 minutes ago, League Champion said:

No shizz dumbass. The team picking up Fields would still have FULL CONTROL going forth regardless of the option. 

My point, which went sailing over your pointy head, is that duh Bears will have no leverage in trading Fields because he won’t be on the roster past 2024. No GM is giving a first rounder for a QB who 1) sucks and 2) will be a FA in a year.

Do you get it now or should I draw you a picture?

Even with the four games of uncertainty, the seven general managers all had a ballpark for what they believe Fields could command in a trade at this point. None of their proposals included any kind of first-round value. We will get into why in a moment. First, here were the seven suggestions of Fields’ value in draft compensation.

GM one: A second-round and fourth-round pick, pending a “good finish” to the season.

GM two: A second-round pick, pending a “strong finish” to the season.

GM three: A third-round pick, plus another late-round pick that could escalate one round based on performance.

GM four: One third-round pick in the 2024 draft, one fourth-round pick in the 2025 draft.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Teams don't look at it like that.  Picks are premium assets in the NFL.  This isn't thr NBA.  

Look around thr league at where QBs were drafted.  You act like you need a top 2 pick to find one.  Josh Allen was the 4th QB off the board in his draft.  Mahomes went what 11th?  

But what good is 10 overall if you have no QB? It's a 2 QB draft this year, they aren't getting either. 

I would take a shot, that's just me. If it doesn't pan out then at least I'm not on the hook for a big contract. You can move on at anytime.

I think Fields was given a raw deal in Chicago. That whole situation was a nightmare. Nagy really Fd him up and Eberflus is a dope. 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

My point, which went sailing over your pointy head, is that duh Bears will have no leverage in trading Fields because he won’t be on the roster past 2024. No GM is giving a first rounder for a QB who 1) sucks and 2) will be a FA in a year.

Do you get it now or should I draw you a picture?

HE WON'T BE A FREE AGENT!!!

THEY CAN TAG HIM AT ANYTIME. GET IT??? 

Just now, League Champion said:

But what good is 10 overall if you have no QB? It's a 2 QB draft this year, they aren't getting either. 

I would take a shot, that's just me. If it doesn't pan out then at least I'm not on the hook for a big contract. You can move on at anytime.

I think Fields was given a raw deal in Chicago. That whole situation was a nightmare. Nagy really Fd him up and Eberflus is a dope. 

No it isnt.   There are like 5 going in the 1st possibly.  

You are delusional.   

How many guys were legit in Allen's class?  The 4th and 5th QBs taken are the best 2 of that class and its not close.  Darnold and Rosen were total bums.  Baker is already designated as a stop gap type QB on what his 3rd team?  

HE WON'T BE A FREE AGENT!!!

THEY CAN TAG HIM AT ANYTIME. GET IT??? 

Duh Bears aren’t going to tag Fields. Jfc 🤦‍♂️ 

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

No it isnt.   There are like 5 going in the 1st possibly.  

You are delusional.   

How many guys were legit in Allen's class?  The 4th and 5th QBs taken are the best 2 of that class and its not close.  Darnold and Rosen were total bums.  Baker is already designated as a stop gap type QB on what his 3rd team?  

That's my point exactly. It's a crap shoot.

You have no idea who's going to pan out regardless of.draft position. 

Just my opinion Dik Head, no need to get mouthy. 

That's my point exactly. It's a crap shoot.

You have no idea who's going to pan out regardless of.draft position. 

Just my opinion Dik Head, no need to get mouthy. 

So its a crapshoot yet you on your couch who has probably watched next to no college football says its a 2 QB draft?  

Gotcha

THE NEW TEAM IDIOT!!!!!!! 

The new team isn’t going to trade a first for a player who’ll be a FA after 2024 at latest. 

Jfc 🤦‍♂️ 

The draft with new prospects who havent shown that they cant pass yet is a crapshoot.   But trading the 10th pick for a QB who younsre hoping can improve a bunch is not a crapshoot.  And if he doesn't look good and isn't worth tagging you just traded away a top 10 pick for 1 year of mediocre QB play.  

Thats sound.  

23 minutes ago, MDC said:

Duh Bears are going to draft a QB at 1 and decline Fields 5th year option. Why would any team spend a first on a QB who obviously sucks and will be a FA in a year? :doh: 

Whats the 5th year option cost? Unless he would be an extraordinarily expensive backup, I’d still take it

11 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Even with the four games of uncertainty, the seven general managers all had a ballpark for what they believe Fields could command in a trade at this point. None of their proposals included any kind of first-round value. We will get into why in a moment. First, here were the seven suggestions of Fields’ value in draft compensation.

GM one: A second-round and fourth-round pick, pending a “good finish” to the season.

GM two: A second-round pick, pending a “strong finish” to the season.

GM three: A third-round pick, plus another late-round pick that could escalate one round based on performance.

GM four: One third-round pick in the 2024 draft, one fourth-round pick in the 2025 draft.

Bump

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Whats the 5th year option cost? Unless he would be an extraordinarily expensive backup, I’d still take it

$23.3m. (Estimated)

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Generally the average of the top 5 at thr position for the year.  

32.5 this year I believe.   More next year certainly.   

Generally the average of the top 5 at thr position for the year.  

32.5 this year I believe.   More next year certainly.   

Oh option, I read it as the tag.  Nevermind.  

15 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Hurts top of the 2nd.  Lamar in the 20s.  Purdy last pick of draft.  Dak 5th round.  

These are MVP candidates.

I hope you’re right since my patriots were too focking dumb to ensure a top 2 pick :mad:

But I will say, Caleb Williams did not look like a leader this year.

And I don’t like Maye sitting out the bowl game, either.

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Oh nevermind :D 

If you trade a 1st for Fields you get to exercise his 5th year option AND tag him for 2 years! 

Might as well trade a 1st and 2nd for Dorian Thompson-Robinson at that point. :D 

Just now, IGotWorms said:

I hope you’re right since my patriots were too focking dumb to ensure a top 2 pick :mad:

Meh they all sit out bowl games these days unless it is meaningful.   Pretty rare you get a top QB in the draft playing a meaningless game with other good players opting out on his offense.  

Just the way it is.  

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

The new team isn’t going to trade a first for a player who’ll be a FA after 2024 at latest. 

Jfc 🤦‍♂️ 

He won't be!!! They can trade for him, resign him or Tag him at the end of 2024. He's not just walking. 

WTF don't you understand? 

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I am not sure exactly what I think of each QB right this second.  Williams is definitely deserving of the 1st pick.  Something odd about him though.   Massive upside.  I like Maye.  Hes a gamer.  All the tools, player behind a terrible OL.  

Daniels Nix and Penix Jr would be the other guys.  

Its a good class.  Better than most.  

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Meh they all sit out bowl games these days unless it is meaningful.   Pretty rare you get a top QB in the draft playing a meaningless game with other good players opting out on his offense.  

Just the way it is.  

I realize it’s an old school view, but a true winner would not do that. Of course I’m not saying I wouldn’t draft them over it, just something to give a little pause imo. But I am out of date :( 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

He won't be!!! They can trade for him, resign him or Tag him at the end of 2024. He's not just walking. 

What if hes the same Justin Field we saw for 3 years?   Tag him?  Sign him?

Fields for his career.  60.1 % 164.7 yards per game.  

Has already been hurt a couple times.  Obsolete if he semi rolls an ankle. 

Where do I sign up!??!!

What if hes the same Justin Field we saw for 3 years?   Tag him?  Sign him?

Then it didn't work out. You let him walk. 

There's no huge financial risk and if he does suck you'll probably be drafting top 5 the following season anyway. Get the QB then. 

All I'm saying that it's probably worth the limited risk. He had no chance to succeed in Chicago 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Then it didn't work out. You let him walk. 

There's no huge financial risk and if he does suck you'll probably be drafting top 5 the following season anyway. Get the QB then. 

All I'm saying that it's probably worth the limited risk. He had no chance to succeed in Chicago 

I know you are a philly fan and they do thing differently.   

Packers have like 10 draft picks from this year playing meaningful snaps.  You don't just throw darts with picks every year.  That how you leave yourself with a bare roster.  

Fields gets such a pass.  Whos banging the table for other crap QBs who are in terrible situations?   Ever?

Oh but he can run so he has so much potential!

Fantasy stats are cool.  

5 minutes ago, League Champion said:

What I don’t understand is why you think any team will trade a Top 10 pick for a QB who has sucked throughout his 3-year career. Why would a team gamble on Fields turning it around vs rolling the dice on a rookie who will be cost controlled for the next 4 seasons? 

🤦‍♂️ 

but he can run so he has so much potential!

That's racist 😊, he has one of the strongest arms in football. He's just raw. 

Are you saying that Fields WASN'T in a horrible situation? You have to factor that in, no? 

Bryce Young goes to Carolina with Adam Thielen as their number 1 and a vwry limited overall roster.  Coach gets fired after what 10 weeks? 

And hes toast to people.  

Fields goes 3 years of not much and oh it was the team around him!

You can't make it up.  

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Why would a team gamble on Fields turning it around vs rolling the dice on a rookie who will be cost controlled for the next 4 seasons? 

Who's that QB? Give me a name who has a better pedigree at 10-12 overall? 

You can't name one, in fact you probably can't name more than 2 QBs who are coming out this year. 

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

That's racist 😊, he has one of the strongest arms in football. He's just raw. 

Are you saying that Fields WASN'T in a horrible situation? You have to factor that in, no? 

He was in a bad situation.   My point is any other QB who stinks in a bad situation never gets the backing Fields seemingly has.  

There is a reason a guy with the physical tools and college success at a big program lasted to where the Bears got him.  Dontcha think?

Im not saying he can't improve.  But banking on it seems like just as much of a crapshoot as the draft.

Bryce Young

Had no business being picked #1 overall. I screamed it from the mountain tops. There's no hope for him, he's not an NFL QB. At least Fields has the pedigree, athletic, big arm but yes, still very raw. 

I'm not arguing with you, it's just my opinion. 

Who's that QB? Give me a name who has a better pedigree at 10-12 overall? 

You can't name one, in fact you probably can't name more than 2 QBs who are coming out this year. 

Rheyhad to trade up to 11 to get Fields.  Who knows what slot he goes if Bears don't trade up.  

Why can't the Falcons get a guy at 10 that is just as good as 11th overall Fields?

Logic doesn't add up.  

Had no business being picked #1 overall. I screamed it from the mountain tops. There's no hope for him, he's not an NFL QB. At least Fields has the pedigree, athletic, big arm but yes, still very raw. 

I'm not arguing with you, it's just my opinion. 

Im not saying hes good. But hes in a bad situation and hasn't had 3 years in thr NFL.  

Why no pass from people?   Yet Fields with doing squat passing gets a pass.