Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Russell Wilson trade :o

1 minute ago, MDC said:

He went 11 overall and has vastly underwhelmed. Why would any team trade an even higher pick for him. 

Very odd hill to die on.

We'll see what happens, I could easily be wrong but I think a lot of teams will be kicking the tires on Fields. 

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Probably not.  But things change big all the time.  

In Allens draft, Allen Baker Rosen and Darnold were all said to be the pick at #1 at a point in time through the process.   

Agree, it's a total crapshoot. Hell, Trevor Lawrence was supposed to be a once in a lifetime talent. He's quite pedestrian 

14 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

It would be totally bears to do it.  

But I believe they already made up their mind.  There is no way they can just roll with Fields when they hold 2 top 10 picks.  1 being the number 1 overall.  

The potential haul of draft picks if they traded out of the #1 spot could cure a lot of ill's they have.  They coul easily exit the first day of the raft with the top w.R., L.T., L.B. and Safety.  That would just be on day one.  Still, i suspect you may be correct.  The lure of a top Q.b. is strong.  As a Packer fan I hope thye take a Q.b. and it turns out to be Leaf, Maranivich, Wislon, Akili Smith, .... 

Well it just makes your idea that its a 2 QB draft a little goofy.  Daniels will probably end up going above Maye.  Your 2 QBs you were alluding to were Caleb and Maye.  

You also said Daniels isn't a dynamic runner.  Typo?

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

The potential haul of draft picks if they traded out of the #1 spot could cure a lot of ill's they have.  They coul easily exit the first day of the raft with the top w.R., L.T., L.B. and Safety.  That would just be on day one.  Still, i suspect you may be correct.  The lure of a top Q.b. is strong.  As a Packer fan I hope thye take a Q.b. and it turns out to be Leaf, Maranivich, Wislon, Akili Smith, .... 

Im for trading back.  But they just did that.  I suppose they can do it again.  Depends really how they view the QBs.  If they love Caleb then they should draft him.  If they don't then maybe entertain a different idea of trading back.  

36 minutes ago, League Champion said:

The Falcons have to be the team with the cleanest fit for Fields, assuming head coach Arthur Smith is able to retain his job for at least one more season. Desmond Ridder has proven to be too turnover-prone and might lose his job (again) before the season is over. The Falcons will also have trouble trading up to the top of the draft to try to get Maye or WIlliams, leaving a trade for Fields as likely their best option moving forward. Fields could be a great fit in Smith’s run-first, play-action-heavy offense. The Falcons also didn't even pick up the phone when Lamar Jackson was reportedly available last offseason. Would they pass up a trade to upgrade at quarterback again?

NOPE

I think he will go to ATL.  I just don't agree that they will have to give up the 10th overall pick for him.  Or maybe anything close.  

8 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I think he will go to ATL.  I just don't agree that they will have to give up the 10th overall pick for him.  Or maybe anything close.  

Maybe the Patriots??? That's assuming that BB is gone and they'll rebuild. The Raiders? 

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Broncos wanted Rodgers hired his former coach.  That didn't work out so they pivoted to Russ l8ke desperate people, traded way too much and paid him way too much.  Russ was horrible last year.  So they go get Sean Payton.  Whos offense doesn't fit Russ.  He had Drew Brees a pocket guy who made quick throws.  Their pass game is better this year but still meh.  They don't have many picks.  They have no cap space.  They cant go anywhere as is. 

If Russ gets hurt in the final 2 weeks and can't pass a physical then they are on the hook for loads of 2025 money.  So they sat him to protect themselves since with the current setup there is no winning future.  

Russ isn't good enough anymore to take that much cap space up and win with limited talent they have because they traded away so many good picks.  So instead of spinning wheels they decided to basically cut bait now and save money in the future.  

It isn't exactly a you are the problem we are benching you thing.  It is a save money thing because the alternative is wallowing around in mediocrity for a few years anyway.  

The owner and GM screwed this up.  It is a move to basically cut losses and protect themselves from Russ getting injured.  They shot their foot off basically.   They are trying to save 1 or 2 toes.  

Oh… 😵

You were right, I had no clue about any of this. I guess I still don’t know much about football.

Thanks for taking the time to explain. 

16 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Maybe the Patriots??? That's assuming that BB is gone and they'll rebuild. The Raiders? 

Oh several teams may be interested.   

How would coaching in NE be mich different?  Their offensive skill players arent any better than the Bears.  Mayeb worse.  Whos coaching?  

Remember he has to go to a really good setup, he couldnt make much headway with less.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

How would coaching in NE be mich different?  

It obviously depends on who they bring in. I think an offensive minded coach who has a clue would do him well. 

13 minutes ago, peenie said:

Oh… 😵

You were right, I had no clue about any of this. I guess I still don’t know much about football.

Thanks for taking the time to explain. 

Its actually a sort of complicated issue.  Money and being on the hook with Russ with a team that really has no promise is a big one.  Russ is declining  (they should have known this).  And just the rift between Payton and Russ seems to be real.   Payton came aboard after they got Russ.  His offense to how Russ plays football is sort of opposite and doesn't mesh.  Payton was yelling at Russ on the sideline.  

I don't like Payton.  And Russ did play okay this year.  If money wasn't a factor they could probably ride him a bit longer.  But the combo of being totally strapped for money, and not being a team to really go anywhere, has them trying to mop up the mess they made now before it totally drys.  

The owner and GM totally screwed up their franchise with ridiculous moves.  

Russ is delcining but I think he could be okay for a team like Pitt who has a good defense and some pieces, along with a stable front office and coaching.  If he will take a moderate contract he could help a quality team get over a little hump.   I guess I can't think of too many great logical situations other than Pitt.  Raiders maybe if Adams is around.  ATL actually wouldnt be a bad place either.  But id go younger if I was them.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Its actually a sort of complicated issue.  Money and being on the hook with Russ with a team that really has no promise is a big one.  Russ is declining  (they should have known this).  And just the rift between Payton and Russ seems to be real.   Payton came aboard after they got Russ.  His offense to how Russ plays football is sort of opposite and doesn't mesh.  Payton was yelling at Russ on the sideline.  

I don't like Payton.  And Russ did play okay this year.  If money wasn't a factor they could probably ride him a bit longer.  But the combo of being totally strapped for money, and not being a team to really go anywhere, has them trying to mop up the mess they made now before it totally drys.  

The owner and GM totally screwed up their franchise with ridiculous moves.  

Russ is delcining but I think he could be okay for a team like Pitt who has a good defense and some pieces, along with a stable front office and coaching.  If he will take a moderate contract he could help a quality team get over a little hump.   I guess I can't think of too many great logical situations other than Pitt.  Raiders maybe if Adams is around.  ATL actually wouldnt be a bad place either.  But id go younger if I was them.  

I feel better understanding this now. Sometimes my mind oversimplifies things. 

5 hours ago, League Champion said:

Agree, it's a total crapshoot. Hell, Trevor Lawrence was supposed to be a once in a lifetime talent. He's quite pedestrian 

He was also drafted by the Jags. They are the Lions south. 

Flacco shreds Jets defense early.

Qbs dont grow on trees!

Even if you have one they are probably hurt by now anyway!

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Flacco shreds Jets defense early.

Qbs dont grow on trees!

Even if you have one they are probably hurt by now anyway!

Jerome Ford is shot out of a cannon 

25 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Jerome Ford is shot out of a cannon 

Drafted Chubb. Passed on Ford because the Browns had just traded for Pierre Strong. Some dik in my draft just tossed out his name with his last pick.  I lose. 

Russell Wilson has been traded

The veteran quarterback, Super Bowl champion and 2012 NFL Rookie of the Year was acquired by the New York Yankees on Wednesday in a deal with the Texas Rangers. 

https://www.milb.com/news/yankees-trade-for-russell-wilson-invite-nfl-qb-to-spring-training-266044686

Also

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/broncos-russell-wilson-accepting-offers-on-25m-denver-home/ar-BB1ir7Eu

welcome to New England russ!