Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Renting V Owning

Just now, Horseman said:

18K Gold cleans pretty easily.  You wouldn't have any reason to know that though.

Hand me down?  Oh, that's right, you're still mad at the mother-in-law for not leaving you anything.  :lol:

Can't afford a $7 stream or a $500 bet.

🤣🤣🤣

55 minutes ago, nobody said:

The funny part is that wasn't even the genesis of this discussion.  Yes, of course, in some cases it makes sense to rent.  In others, it may not.  What started the whole thing was that seafoam was inferring that people who buy houses don't get it and he cracked the code all the while his comments are dripping with confrontation.  Then when I said he thinks people who buy houses are stupid, he got butt hurt as is his wont claiming he never said buying a house was dumb, but what he doesn't get is his tone and tenor belie his thinking just like a woman who tells you they're "fine" as they huff and puff and slam cabinet doors.

Maybe you have a link, because I've heard him say the correct answer, "It depends" several times in the other thread. 

I think people are abandoning sound financial fundamentals because of the irritation they feel from Seafoam.

On the other hand there is more than one retard that are saying definitively owning is better long term. 

14 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Maybe you have a link, because I've heard him say the correct answer, "It depends" several times in the other thread. 

I think people are abandoning sound financial fundamentals because of the irritation they feel from Seafoam.

It's self imposed irritation by them. But also, I think they are the ones who are having financial problems in life. Why else would you attack strangers for being honestly successful?

I focking worked hard in life. And I did what's right in the end.

12 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

Can't afford a $7 stream or a $500 bet.

🤣🤣🤣

Having to pawn jewelry because I might go broke is a thought that's never entered my head.  

My wife's mom recently passed away and had nothing other than memories and pictures to pass on to my wife.  I think a couple of pieces of jewelry would be a nice legacy to leave.  And bonus, if we start to go broke I can always send her down to the local pawn shop.

That's what poor people sound like.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Having to pawn jewelry because I might go broke is a thought that's never entered my head.  

These people attack because they don't like a person. It rarely has anything to do with logic. 

9 minutes ago, Horseman said:

lmfao, stalker much?  How much of your IRL life time have you spent researching me you weirdo.

No wonder you can't afford a $7 stream or a $500 bet.

What a loser...

😂😂😂

33 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

It's still less than property tax and upkeep expenses in my area. 

I'm just using you as an example of what others are assuming about my situation. 

You included. I dont know anything about your situation and I'm not attacking it. Never did.

But these dopes are getting stupid about my life and you know it's stupid. The assumptions are off the charts. 

The personal attacks are unnecessary, imo. But your idea that you’re paying less than the cost of property taxes is simply asinine. Your landlord passes that cost on to you along with all other costs AND an extra amount padded on top for profit. That’s the way it works.

Unless it’s like a family member or something and you’re getting some insane sweetheart deal you’d never find on the open market. In which case, good for you, but obviously that isn’t going to apply to most everyone else

7 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

lmfao, stalker much?  How much of your IRL life time have you spent researching me you weirdo.

No wonder you can't afford a $7 stream or a $500 bet.

What a loser...

😂😂😂

I didn't do anything. You made the mistake of trying to take on Gekko so he posted your pathetic life on Discord and Bodybuilder for everyone to see.  So you can save the stalker strawman.

Following me around shot gunning the same posts over and over while on break from payroll on the other hand.  :lol:

29 minutes ago, Horseman said:

On the other hand there is more than one retard that are saying definitively owning is better long term. 

That's cause it is moron.  Run the numbers.  $250k house, $50k down, $2k rent.

After 30 years that $50k down at 8% return would be worth $465k.  Peafoam's rent at 3% annual increases would be $56k.  But that $250k house, at 5% annual growth will be worth $1M.

"hur dur da rent be da better invest hur dur"

🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I didn't do anything. You made the mistake of trying to take on Gekko so he posted your pathetic life on Discord and Bodybuilder for everyone to see.  So you can save the stalker strawman.

Following me around shot gunning the same posts over and over while on break from payroll on the other hand.  :lol:

Of course you're stalking me tardo.  Gekko's thread is long gone...unless you saved it...

And you pulled an old quote that you stalked me to find....

STALKER HOMO who can't afford $7 streams or $500 bets...

🤣🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

The personal attacks are unnecessary, imo. But your idea that you’re paying less than the cost of property taxes is simply asinine.

Again, you are stupid. You know nothing. How can you be this stupid?

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Again, you are stupid. You know nothing. How can you be this stupid?

You’re the focking idiot that doesn’t understand basic economics. This is 101 sh1t :wacko:

Just now, IGotWorms said:

You’re the focking idiot that doesn’t understand basic economics. This is 101 sh1t :wacko:

Yeah. Top earning finance folks disagree with you. 

And I have a net worth at the veryy least 3x yours. Just go on with your financial problems and enjoy. No one cares. 

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

And I have a net worth at the veryy least 3x yours. Just go on with your financial problems and enjoy. No one cares. 

Homeboy I posted actual numbers above.

Feel free to refute them boyo.

You claim your landlord is renting to you at less than the costs of property taxes. To say nothing of carrying costs, insurance, utilities and maintenance.

Why?

What’s in it for him?

Just likes you so much he’s willing to lose a sh1t ton of $$ every month for you? 🤣

26 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

That's cause it is moron.  Run the numbers.  $250k house, $50k down, $2k rent.

After 30 years that $50k down at 8% return would be worth $465k.  Peafoam's rent at 3% annual increases would be $56k.  But that $250k house, at 5% annual growth will be worth $1M.

"hur dur da rent be da better invest hur dur"

🤣🤣🤣

First of all.  $250K house. 🤣🤣🤣

Second of all.  Nobody is going to take you seriously if you don't take into account property tax, maintenance, HOA fees, and all the other costs that Seafoam's Landlord (or homeowner)has to pay.

Thirdly.  You claim to work in finance.  🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Horseman

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You claim your landlord is renting to you at less than the costs of property taxes. To say nothing of carrying costs, insurance, utilities and maintenance.

🤣

Yeah. Another dumbass assuming. I pay an electruct bill but gas is free. 

My total rent is less than most homes in my area property taxes. 

Sucks you have such a shlitty life. Sorry dude that you don't know how to live. 

Just now, seafoam1 said:

Yeah. Another dumbass assuming. I pay an electruct bill but gas is free. 

My total rent is less than most homes in my area property taxes. 

Sucks you have such a shlitty life. Sorry dude that you don't know how to live. 

You didn’t answer the question.

Explain why the landlord is renting to you at less than the cost of property taxes. He would never do that.

Make it make sense, peefoam 

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Second of all.  Nobody is going to take you seriously if you don't take into account property tax, maintenance, HOA fees, and all the other costs that Seafoam's Landlord has to pay.

Property tax is part of the mortgage that equals peafoams rent boyo.  HOA fees? 🤣🤣🤣 you really are a poorcel renter.

And you don't think the $550k benefit from owning covers maintenance?  And lastly, after 30 years, no more mortgage, Peafoam still has to pay rent.

It's legit like I'm talking to a short bus rider.  You could not be dumber if you tried moron...

LMFAO

Maybe post up another pic of your hand me down watch or stalk me some more weirdo...

😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, Horseman said:

250K at S&P 500 rates is 5 million after 30 years.  🤣🤣🤣

Only a moron like you would pay all cash for a house when mortgage rates are 4%...hence the down payment only stalker. 

🤣🤣🤣 

It's clear as day why you have to steal a $7 stream and run away like a bish from a $500 bet.

😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Second of all.  Nobody is going to take you seriously if you don't take into account property tax, maintenance, HOA fees, and all the other costs that Seafoam's Landlord has to pay.

The property taxes alone around me in my area are about 30k per 1M home/lot.

I think that's beyond these guys understanding, because they live in the sticks or something. The non full on fixer uppers start around $650k or so.

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You didn’t answer the question.

Explain why the landlord is renting to you at less than the cost of property taxes. He would never do that.

Make it make sense, peefoam 

I think that was answered at the start of the thread by HT. Look it up if you truly care as I know you live on assumptions and guesses. 

I don't. You are an insecure waste. 

I think that's beyond these guys understanding, because they live in the sticks or something. The non full on fixer uppers start around $650k or so.

And your chit apartment would fit in the dining room of that $1M home.  And you have ZERO land.

You lose loser.

🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Raven Fan said:

Only a moron like you would pay all cash for a house when mortgage rates are 4%...hence the down payment only stalker. 

🤣🤣🤣 

Ignore maintenance and upkeep, pretend the property tax magically disappears into the mortgage and then when proven wrong you go back to the leverage angle huh.  That's how financial math works at the hospital?  

I mean I lean towards home ownership, I own a home.  But it's not backed up with your 3rd grade math.  

Works in finance.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

My property tax increases 1000 per year..  But hey, if I was poor and had a mortgage I wouldn't have to pay any of that according to Raven Logic!

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

And your chit apartment would fit in the dining room of that $1M home.  And you have ZERO land.

You lose loser.

🤣🤣🤣

Yeah. And I'm rich. Go figure. :dunno:

9 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I think that was answered at the start of the thread by HT. Look it up if you truly care as I know you live on assumptions and guesses. 

I don't. You are an insecure waste. 

Non answer, because you don’t focking have one 

9 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Ignore maintenance and upkeep, pretend the property tax magically disappears into the mortgage and then when proven wrong you go back to the leverage angle huh.  That's how financial math works at the hospital?  

I mean I lean towards home ownership, I own a home.  But it's not backed up with your 3rd grade math.  

Works in finance.  :lol:

Dummy, the all in payment on a $250k house, mortgage, taxes, insurance is roughly the same as peafoams $2k monthly rent.   You’re just dumb.

Hey, you wanna quote the S&P growth of a $250k investment that no one but your dumb ass suggested?

My suggestion to you, stalk less, lie less, work harder.

And maybe you won’t have to steal a $7 stream or run from $500 bets.

LMFAO

My property taxes were $7,000 last year.

So your rent would be less than $600 per month to be less than my property taxes.

What kind of focking sh1thole do you live in? :( 

9 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

You lose loser.

🤣🤣🤣

It's true that most apartments are about the same size as your house, not the 1M kind.  :lol:

Dummy, the all in payment on a $250k house, mortgage, taxes, insurance is roughly the same as peafoams $2k monthly mortgage.   You’re just dumb.

Hey, you wanna quote the S&P growth of a $250k investment that no one but your dumb ass suggested?

My suggestion to you, stalk less, lie less, work harder.

And maybe you won’t have to steal a $7 stream or run from $500 bets.

LMFAO

Only poor people pay the lender a fee to pay their taxes for them.  :lol:

Just now, Horseman said:

Fee?  Is your credit that bad?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

My property tax increases 1000 per year..  But hey, if I was poor and had a mortgage I wouldn't have to pay any of that according to Raven Logic!

:lol:

You hit it earlier. These guys are not financially smart. They are living by one single formula that hits and misses in life. 

I never put down their decisions because why would I? It's worked for people but proven not always. You have to be smart first off. But, they attack me and my desicions as if they blew it in life and are really hurting. 

Seriously, why would all these "wealthy" investors need to attack my successful  thinking, CONSTANTLY, if they are not butthurt by something bad in their lives?

Fee?  Is your credit that bad?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Looks like someone hasn't read the closing documents on their 250K home.   :lol:

3 minutes ago, Horseman said:

They don’t charge a fee, dumbo. It’s in their interest to ensure property taxes are paid because if you don’t pay them and then default on the loan, they’ll have to pay all back taxes.

I swear, you guys have no basic understanding of how this stuff works :( 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Looks like someone hasn't read the closing documents on their 250K home.   :lol:

Lol.  I guess terrible credit score people have different closing docs than me.

Keep on losing stalker.  Hey, but if you are saving that “fee” for credit risks, why do you have to steal a $7 stream and run away from a $500 bet?

LOLOLOL

3 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

You hit it earlier. These guys are not financially smart. They are living by one single formula that hits and misses in life. 

I never put down their decisions because why would I? It's worked for people but proven not always. You have to be smart first off. But, they attack me and my desicions as if they blew it in life and are really hurting. 

Seriously, why would all these "wealthy" investors need to attack my successful  thinking, CONSTANTLY, if they are not butthurt by something bad in their lives?

You actually did. The entire genesis of this is you started a thread crowing about what a genius you were for renting and that all of us homeowners were suckers. When in fact the complete opposite is true 🤣 :doh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

They don’t charge a fee, dumbo. It’s in their interest to ensure property taxes are paid because if you don’t pay them and then default on the loan, they’ll have to pay all back taxes.

Perhaps I got that wrong.

Lol.  I guess terrible credit score people have different closing docs than me.

Keep on losing stalker.  Hey, but if you are saving that “fee” for credit risks, why do you have to steal a $7 stream and run away from a $500 bet?

LOLOLOL

I haven't had a mortgage for decades.  

But hey, it only works if you're leveraged right.  What you got that extra 200K invested in?

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

He’s legit beyond stupid.  He thinks paying off a mortgage or school loans rather than investing the money makes more sense cause he doesn’t understand leverage.

But he did post a pic of a hand me down watch and he stalks me like a butt hurt chick.