Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

The wealth doctrine

Friend of mine has a hard-on for Joel osteen. Swears he's a snazzier version of Jesus Christ himself I think.

Not that I'm going to sway anybody's mind, but I happen to mention Joel's fantastic no visitors policy when he was flooding in Houston while mattress Mack did more good than the next 100 guys combined.

She really came unhinged when I mentioned his $300,000 sports car.

There's nothing in the Bible that says being rich is a sin! 🤬

Okay, I think they're kinda is. Maybe go back and reread the parable about the widow with two coins versus the hot shot with all the money.

But still, I'm not here to demonize wealth. Hell, I'm a little jealous. I don't care a lot jealous. But there's a difference between living well and living ostentatiously over the top wealthy.

Dude literally bought the Compaq center from the rockets. And apparently, just recently paid off $100 million dollar loan on the beast.

Osteen is an affable speaker. And there was a period where I listened to him every weekend on the treadmill. (What he was doing on the treadmill I'm not really sure.)

Really don't understand the blind unfailing unflinching love for guys like that.

29 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Friend of mine has a hard-on for Joel osteen. Swears he's a snazzier version of Jesus Christ himself I think.

Not that I'm going to sway anybody's mind, but I happen to mention Joel's fantastic no visitors policy when he was flooding in Houston while mattress Mack did more good than the next 100 guys combined.

She really came unhinged when I mentioned his $300,000 sports car.

There's nothing in the Bible that says being rich is a sin! 🤬

Okay, I think they're kinda is. Maybe go back and reread the parable about the widow with two coins versus the hot shot with all the money.

But still, I'm not here to demonize wealth. Hell, I'm a little jealous. I don't care a lot jealous. But there's a difference between living well and living ostentatiously over the top wealthy.

Dude literally bought the Compaq center from the rockets. And apparently, just recently paid off $100 million dollar loan on the beast.

Osteen is an affable speaker. And there was a period where I listened to him every weekend on the treadmill. (What he was doing on the treadmill I'm not really sure.)

Really don't understand the blind unfailing unflinching love for guys like that.

He is just like all the other, Oral Roberts, Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, weepaws, Ted Haggard.........

20 minutes ago, Bert said:

He is just like all the other, Oral Roberts, Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, weepaws, Ted Haggard.........

Barrack Obama 

• Haha 1

Being rich isn’t a sin, the love or desire of any more than Jesus is a sin.  Amen. 

Joel Osteen is a real devil rouser.  His Wife is worst.   

I believe the term you are looking for here is 'charlatan'.