Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Hawaii’s Supreme Court: “Spirit of Aloha” more important than 2nd Amendment; defies US Supreme Court on rights to have guns in public

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

NYSRPA v. Bruen says differently, no?

Yes and no.  The SC says that the state can't say "NO", but they can make it virtually impossible for you to get one because the state makes the rules on what you need to qualify.  It's still a State's Right's addendum.

16 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yes and no.  The SC says that the state can't say "NO", but they can make it virtually impossible for you to get one because the state makes the rules on what you need to qualify.  It's still a State's Right's addendum.

Kind of like CA. 

You can have a CCW in CA despite their super strict laws...and they just keep making it more difficult. 

They tried to pass a law on ammunition this last time around, but on Jan 1, it's now on hold because ammunition isn't a gun, so it has different rules and now has to go to the SC, as it's not constitutional. 

44 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I guarantee you previous inhabitants of the Hawaiian Islands took land and territory from other inhabitants.  

This would have rather difficult to accomplish. 

48 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

They had their land stolen?  Tough sh#t.  Not a country on this planet hasn't been invaded and had sh#t, land and territory taken from them.  I guarantee you previous inhabitants of the Hawaiian Islands took land and territory from other inhabitants.  Ultimately, you got to be able to defend your yourself.  Living in mud huts slinging bows and arrows aint' gonna' to do it in the Iron Age.

We hear the same sh#t about Native Americans, but they were taking sh#t from each other too (and raping and taking slaves too).  GTFO, I say.

You need to read a little on Polynesian travel between the islands and how they settled and divided up land, societies. Hawaii was pretty isolated for anywhere between 500 to 800 years. 

Early settlements were likely around 1100 to 1200, then remained isolated for hundreds of years until (TA-DA!!!!) ytpepo came. There really wasn't a huge need to go to war when you're a FOCKING ISLAND ISOLATED IN THE MIDDLE OF THOUSANDS OF MILES OF WATER. 

Good try tho. 

42 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

This would have rather difficult to accomplish. 

All the islands were always United? 

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/they-the-old-days-hawaii-supreme-court-says-aloha-spirit-trumps-2nd-amendment/amp/

If Texas can defy the Supreme Court on border issues, then why not Hawaii on gun control? 

Because border issues are NOT part of the bill of rights 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ I swear you left cultists are SUCH morons and WILLFULLY act retarded half the time. Hell, my 4 year old cousin can tell you this. He’s smarter than your dumbass which is sad 

3 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

You need to read a little on Polynesian travel between the islands and how they settled and divided up land, societies. Hawaii was pretty isolated for anywhere between 500 to 800 years. 

Early settlements were likely around 1100 to 1200, then remained isolated for hundreds of years until (TA-DA!!!!) ytpepo came. There really wasn't a huge need to go to war when you're a FOCKING ISLAND ISOLATED IN THE MIDDLE OF THOUSANDS OF MILES OF WATER. 

Good try tho. 

Thanks for the update. Although, I'm having a hard time believing there was no warfare at all, even amongst those on the same island, knowing how humans are.

In any event, though, human history is nothing but one group of people dominating and taking sh#t from other groups of people.  It's filled with blood and violence but that is how we got to where we are today with a relatively advanced civilization.  Those who either can't or won't advance end up on the losing end of the stick - always.  That's never going to change.

I guarantee you that if those Hawaiians had boats capable of far travel they would be invading other islands and countries - just as the Vikings did, for example.

I'm not a big believer in Kum-bay-yah nonsense that some people try to push.  That if we just left them alone they would be all peace-loving, flower-picking unicorns.  No way.  People are people all across the world and these "peace-loving, flower-picking unicorns" are just as violent and bloodthirsty as the next guy. This includes everyone from native americans, africans, middle-eastern, asian and south american peoples.  And we actually have the indisputable history that shows this.

I'm not raggin' on you, btw.  Just explaining my thought process.  That's all.  :thumbsup:

On 2/12/2024 at 10:40 AM, squistion said:

When did Biden defy SCOTUS? Is that something you imagined along with his randomly bringing up his late son to the special prosecutor?

Derp. Derp. Derp. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Derp. Derp. Derp. 

Hardcore troubadour. Hardcore troubadour. Hardcore troubadour.

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

Hardcore troubadour. Hardcore troubadour. Hardcore troubadour.

You had a hard time believing that Biden would bring up his son when it was useful for him, even though he does it all the time. He’s been using his personal tragedies for political gain and to shield him from trouble for 50 years. You thought the SC would bring it up despite that pattern of behavior.  Idiot. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

You had a hard time believing that Biden would bring up his son when it was useful for him, even though he does it all the time. He’s been using his personal tragedies for political gain and to shield him from trouble for 50 years. You thought the SC would bring it up despite that pattern of behavior.  Idiot. 

Thanks! :banana: