Sign in to follow this  
Maximum Overkill

Justin Fields Landing Spots - Atlanta

Supposedly the Pats are looking into him, but I’m guessing that’s just people throwing crap against the wall to see if it sticks 

Would take Fields over M Jones.  If it happens. 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

I agree. I liked Jones coming out of college but he's been a trainwreck. However the Pats did him no favors. 

9 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Wasn't Lawrence supposed to be the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning?  A once in a generation type?  Generations are only 3 years nowadays, I guess.

36 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Wasn't Lawrence supposed to be the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning? 

He was the best "prospect", it just didn't work out yet. I still think there's time for him. 

We're talking prospect, it's all we can go on till they actually do it. Caleb Williams film is insane, he has eyes everywhere and sees everything. Will it work out, who knows? But there's no way anyone's passing him up at 1. That would be ridiculous 

19 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

He was the best "prospect", it just didn't work out yet. I still think there's time for him. 

We're talking prospect, it's all we can go on till they actually do it. Caleb Williams film is insane, he has eyes everywhere and sees everything. Will it work out, who knows? But there's no way anyone's passing him up at 1. That would be ridiculous 

My point was that Lawrence was supposedly a "once in a generation" prospect... and he we are 3 years later, and there's a prospect better than he was.  Meaning, the definition of the phrase "once in a generation" seems to be getting diluted.

33 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Meaning, the definition of the phrase "once in a generation" seems to be getting diluted.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. Yeah, they do seem to throw that term around generously. I do however believe that both Lawrence and Williams are exactly that though, at least based on skill set. Whether it translates to the NFL for Williams, time will tell I guess. 

If you get a chance watch his film. If he was wearing a Chiefs uniform you'd swear it was Mahomes. It's almost scary how similar their game and skill sets are. So similar it's unreal. 

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Wasn't Lawrence supposed to be the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning?  A once in a generation type?  Generations are only 3 years nowadays, I guess.

Yeah I remember that too.  He was supposed to be the best since Luck at the least.

Yet completely did miss the generational talent, and has Bryce Young but not CJ Stroud in the list.

That said, it's probably about as good as any list. They know what they're doing, but they do get a lot wrong too

B Young better hurry.  

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

B Young better hurry.  

I don't see it at all with him. He might be out of the league in a few years. 

16 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I agree. I liked Jones coming out of college but he's been a trainwreck. However the Pats did him no favors. 

That’s typical of Bama QBs.  They look great in college playing behind an o-line of 5 star linemen, and elite skill players.  Once they get to the NFL where it’s even ground, they become mediocre at best.  The only outlier is Tua.  They ran off their best shot at having a really good NFL QB in Hurts…but watch, a Bammer will try to claim him for Alabama even though they ran him off.

It's pretty obvious to me that as long as Lawrence rocks that hairdo, he will never reach his potential. That level of stubbornness is not coachable. 

5 hours ago, JagFan said:

That’s typical of Bama QBs.  They look great in college playing behind an o-line of 5 star linemen, and elite skill players.  Once they get to the NFL where it’s even ground, they become mediocre at best.  The only outlier is Tua.  They ran off their best shot at having a really good NFL QB in Hurts…but watch, a Bammer will try to claim him for Alabama even though they ran him off.

I would agree, I wouldn't slight Hurts though. He's had a very nice NFL career so far and was 1 play away from beating the Chiefs in the Superbowl. 

Mac Jones was horrendous though, they didn't even want him throwing the ball. 

On 2/21/2024 at 11:19 PM, weepaws said:

Sure but that doesn’t mean either one of em is good

14 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Sure but that doesn’t mean either one of em is good

Agreed.  But at least Fields can run.  

50 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Agreed.  But at least Fields can run.  

And we are talking fantasy football right? I'll take Fields on a fast track any day. That's 20+ points every week no matter how bad he sucks in real life.