Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency/ Draft 2024

Daniels slipping, Maye Rising. 

Ok, here is my unlikely and probably impossible dream scenario for the NY Football Giants: When their pick (6) comes up, JJM or one of the other QB’s is there. They make a deal with the Vikings for their 11, 23, and next years one with some other later picks thrown in to even it up. Then the Giants trade the 11 and other picks to get back in after 6 and take whatever of the big three WR’s fell, if they are there, holding on to 23 and having the Vikes 1 next year. Then we get our QB. A guy can dream. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Daniels slipping, Maye Rising. 

Yeah, what's that all about? Daniels got mad because Washington was bringing in other QBs to interview?

Get over it Biatch!! 

4 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Yeah, what's that all about? Daniels got mad because Washington was bringing in other QBs to interview?

Get over it Biatch!! 

Sounds like it. I don’t think Dan Quinn is liking that kind of attitude. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sounds like it. I don’t think Dan Quinn is liking that kind of attitude. 

I know. He needs to shut up. He may of just cost himself millions. 

9 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I know. He needs to shut up. He may of just cost himself millions. 

Nah. Wit the slotting that came in a few years ago you have to fall pretty far to lose a lot of money. I don’t see that happening. 

Why wouldn’t the NYG trade up to 3 for Maye/Daniels?

I remember 20 years ago how good it felt that the consensus number one pick wanted NY and to be a Giant. I knew we had a winner. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I remember 20 years ago how good it felt that the consensus number one pick wanted NY and to be a Giant. I knew we had a winner. 

This could really shake the draft up. I always thought, and still do that Maye would be the one to fall. This draft should be insanely entertaining. 

Usually have a good idea of what Id like out of the Packers by now.  Even if they sit later in the round.   They could go several different options.  

I think Corner is more of a pressing need than people have mentioned for them.  Its labeled a need but sorta mild.  Carrington Valentine was a 7th round rookie and played well last year considering.   Id be ok with him starting but you cant rely on it.  Stokes a former 1st was food his rookie year, sorta took a step back thrn keeps getting injured.  Not reliable.  They resigned Nixon for thr slot.  And Jaire, while not a diva, is a weird dude that scares me.  He always has been getting banged up here and there.  

I hate to draft a guy named Kool Aid.  But he may be the corner that is there at their pick.  Well rounded CB.   

I love some Cooper Dejean and hes probably gone by 25.  Depends what teams view him as.  We could use him as our down saftey.  

Theyve brought in many 1st-2nd round Tackles.  The idea isnt left tackle right now but at RT and to kick Zach Tom into center.  

For the 1st round I think it is probably T, CB, or if they like an edge player like Chop Robinson.   If they wanted to go Grahm Barton and just put him at C or RG and leave Tom outside that would be fine.  Not a premium position but hes going to be a good player.  

Packers are a bit wildcards.  Theyve picked guys who are ranked down the board.  Theyve traded up theyve traded back.   Theyve picked a position I wasnt even thinking.  

Sneaky play would be WR.  Not a need.  But they have Love.  If they love a WR at 25 I wouldnt be shocked.  They cant trust Watson to stay healthy.  Hes a hammy guy.  They are deep at WR.  But have no "GUY".  But their offense doesnt really call for it.  

7 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Usually have a good idea of what Id like out of the Packers by now.  Even if they sit later in the round.   They could go several different options.  

The Packers don't have many holes. I do think Chop is gonna be a stud. That would be a great pick. I'm selfishly hoping the Eagles pick Kool Aid. 😊 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

The Packers don't have many holes. I do think Chop is gonna be a stud. That would be a great pick. I'm selfishly hoping the Eagles pick Kool Aid. 😊 

As for immediate holes im not sure their other safety opposite of Mckinney is on the roster.   But there are a lot of decent cheap FAs still waiting around.  So they could add their 2nd starter.   But safety may not line up as any value in the first couple rounds.   Unless Dejean is there at 25.  

Switching to a 43 they will need more LBers.  They let Campbell walk.  Maybe a 2nd round LBer with one of their 2 picks.  McDuffie played under Hafley 1 year at BC and has shown good play when called on.  He will play middle and Quay Walker weak side.  But they have little depth and neither of those guys are Fred Warner.  

They could stand to upgrade 2nd outside CB and RG.  But the guys who played last year did an adequate job when considering their lack of experience.   

I would like to add another cheap vet at LBer or S.  Whichever position they came out light in the draft.  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Cap is fairly meaningless atm.

Pats wanted to drop some coin and couldn’t even find anyone to take all their money.

Plenty of teams still have 20 or 30 million in cap space or more. Nobody to use it on but extensions for their own players

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Cap is fairly meaningless atm.

Pats wanted to drop some coin and couldn’t even find anyone to take all their money.

Plenty of teams still have 20 or 30 million in cap space or more. Nobody to use it on but extensions for their own players

Can you imagine what CeeDee is going to get?? 

This whole production so far is Fockin stupid and annoying. Goodell is a dooshbag and unlikeable. I’ll flip back when this shitt is over. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

This whole production so far is Fockin stupid and annoying. Goodell is a dooshbag and unlikeable. I’ll flip back when this shitt is over. 

It really is. Just start the F'ING draft already!