Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency/ Draft 2024

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

The cute bears fans thinking they would get a 1st round pick for Justin Fields lol.   

I told them all of them for months.   And I even ended up overestimating what they would get.  

Then you had ones "we dont know what Poles will do"  "maybe they keep Fields and trade back!"  "Maybe we draft a guy and keep Fields that couldnt hurt!"

It was clear as day they were drafting a QB this year.  If not now then when?  

Bears fans are some of the most out of touch fans in thr league.  As to how the league works and what teams do.  

Hey lets just trade back to 2 then trade back to 3 then trade back to 7 and get a haul!   Its a vieo game!  Easy! Lol

What do you think the Bears record will be next year? And the fudge packers as well?

I mean, you know so much about football fat boy. 

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lol. They received a draft pick.  

They got a 6th round pick for next year. Puke

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Right. So this trade had no effect on their draft picks this year. 

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

The cute bears fans thinking they would get a 1st round pick for Justin Fields lol.   

I told them all for months.   And I even ended up overestimating what they would get.  

Then you had ones "we dont know what Poles will do"  "maybe they keep Fields and trade back!"  "Maybe we draft a guy and keep Fields that couldnt hurt!"

It was clear as day they were drafting a QB this year.  If not now then when?  

Bears fans are some of the most out of touch fans in thr league.  As to how the league works and what teams do.  

Hey lets just trade back to 2 then trade back to 3 then trade back to 7 and get a haul!   Its a video game!  Easy! Lol

Who thought they were getting a 1st? I was thinking a 3rd for this year. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Bears have the #1 and #9 pick this year. Who cares about next year? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Right. So this trade had no effect on their draft picks this year. 

No. I wanted to keep Fields and trade the #1 pick for a haul like last year. 

Just now, seafoam1 said:

Bears have the #1 and #9 pick this year. Who cares about next year? 

That’s why it feels like they got nothing in return. 

No. I wanted to keep Fields and trade the #1 pick for a haul like last year. 

So who would play QB this year? 

3 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Who cares about next year? 

You'd make one hell of a GM 😂

• Haha 1

That’s why it feels like they got nothing in return. 

They for some reason didn't want to hold onto him while bringing in a new starting QB. So all I'm saying is, ok, next up. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Fields

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think he suggested it would be Fields. 

4 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Watch the Bears draft JJ McCarthy at #1. 

That would be so Bears! 😂

Yeah. You watch it. Watch it real close. 

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Who thought they were getting a 1st? I was thinking a 3rd for this year. 

Cyclone said wouldnt be surprised at all if ATL gave them the 8th overall.  

Fields

I would have been fine if they did that. The Bears have so many options even still. 

• Haha 1

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Cyclone said wouldnt be surprised at all if ATL gave them the 8th overall.  

Oh boy.

What will the packers record be next year? And Bears?

So, for the third time in seven years the Bears are going to use their first pick on a Q.B.  I wonder how many years it will take for this pick to go to the Steelers to be a back up as have the previous two.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

So, for the third time in seven years the Bears are going to use their first pick on a Q.B.  I wonder how many years it will take for this pick to go to the Steelers to be a back up as have the previous two.

What do you think the Bears record will be in 2024?

14 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Yeah, it's so very unique in the NFL for a team to miss on QBs. No other teams have done it. 

Another ex peewee football guru...

Just now, seafoam1 said:

Yeah, it's so very unique in the NFL for a team to miss on QBs. No other teams have done it. 

The unique part is how Chicago never hits on QBs.

Ever. :( 

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

They need to win 10 games. I don’t think a #1 pick has ever had an opportunity like this. Usually they go to teams with very little talent on offense. 

Just now, MDC said:

The unique part is how Chicago never hits on QBs.

Ever. :( 

Almost like it’s a franchise problem

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

They need to win 10 games. I don’t think a #1 pick has ever had an opportunity like this. Usually they go to teams with very little talent on offense. 

Yep. Exactly. I wanted them to sit a QB for a year or two but that doesn't seem the road they want. So I guess Williams?

Problem is, Williams holds the ball longer than Fields.

Trey Lance, Zack Wilson, Mack Jones, Kenny Pickett, Sam Howell, Dwayne Haskins, Drew Lock,  BEARS!!!!! :cry:

7 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Difficult to say, particularly before the draft, minicamps, and preseason where anything can happen injury-wise.  They have had an interesting offseason thus far.  I think I would say they should be happy with a 6-11 record if they are starting a rookie Q.B. who did not earn his college stripes in the SEC or the Bid Ten, but out in the PACWhatever?  There are lots of can't miss prospects at Q.B. floating around as backups now.   

Me, as long as the Bears continue to lose to the Packers I am happy for them to excel otherwise, but of course we have not really seen them excel since1985, though they did pretty well the following year as well.

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Difficult to say, particularly before the draft, minicamps, and preseason where anything can happen injury-wise.  They have had an interesting offseason thus far.  I think I would say they should be happy with a 6-11 record if they are starting a rookie Q.B. who did not earn his college stripes in the SEC or the Bid Ten, but out in the PACWhatever?  There are lots of can't miss prospects at Q.B. floating around as backups now.   

Me, as long as the Bears continue to lose to the Packers I am happy for them to excel otherwise, but of course we have not really seen them excel since1985, though they did pretty well the following year as well.

Ok. I'll put you down for 6-11 with the option for you to change it in Late August. 

MaxRetard is 8-9.

Gepetto is 9-8.

17 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I never said they were unique, though maybe they are as they imagined Trubisky as actually having had a college career and as having a pro career.  No, if I was going to make fun of ineptitude at drafting the position i would not put Chicago in a class of its own.  Certainly the Jets would ahve to be there, as well as the Redskins/wft/Commanders.

9 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Trey Lance, Zack Wilson, Mack Jones, Kenny Pickett, Sam Howell, Dwayne Haskins, Drew Lock,  BEARS!!!!! :cry:

Mitch Trubisky, Justin Fields 😂

55 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I told them all for months.   

Talk about cute. 😆

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

MaxRetard. 😆

3 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

And your Steelers ended up with both of them. 😆

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Ok. I'll put you down for 6-11 with the option for you to change it in Late August. 

MaxRetard is 8-9.

Like I said, if they excell, good for them.  Even at 6-11 they might be on a fast rising trajectory with their francise guy of the next 15 years if those 6 wins included 6 of their last 7 with wins over the Vikings, Lions, and Packers.  Frankly i don't care enough to change my prediction as any prediction, even after the preseason is going to be highly speculative.

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Like I said, if they excell, good for them.  Even at 6-11 they might be on a fast rising trajectory with their francise guy of the next 15 years if those 6 wins included 6 of their last 7 with wins over the Vikings, Lions, and Packers.  Frankly i don't care enough to change my prediction as any prediction, even after the preseason is going to be highly speculative.

Ok. So you are at 6-11. Got it. 

7 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Ok. So you are at 6-11. Got it. 

Far enough.  I believe they will win three at home and three on the road winning.  Depending on what the Vikes end up with at Q.B. a great unkown currently the Bears could find two more wins pretty easily.  Currently I am guessing they lose those games, but The Vikes did lose Cousins and hunter this past week so it is tough to know what they have.

The interesting games to me will be the Bears against other Teams with young or rookie Q.B.'s.  That could be a good measuring stick.

The picking Mitch Trubisky > Pat Mahomes lingering hangover effect :banana:

52 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

The picking Mitch Trubisky > Pat Mahomes lingering hangover effect :banana:

Rah rah chiefs defines your life. You live in poverty and have nothing else in life. 😆

• Sad 1

Chase Young to the Saints. 1 year deal. I remember the Giants beating Washington in OT last game of the year and being pissed they wouldn’t get him.  The draft is often a crap shoot 

41 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Chase Young to the Saints. 1 year deal. I remember the Giants beating Washington in OT last game of the year and being pissed they wouldn’t get him.  The draft is often a crap shoot 

He's not all world but he's good, just costs more as a veteran.