Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**2024 Masters Thread**

The Masters is now a little more than a month away and the field is rounding into form. For a few of us, it is just about our favorite sports weekend of the year. For most, probably not, but still a weekend of interest. Here are my initial top ten favorites for this year as has been done for several years now. List is subject to change as the month of March deepens in golf. Should be a great tournament!

Top Ten:

1. Scottie Scheffler- I know chalk picks are boring, but with Scheffler now putting well, he is a force like no other on tour or in the world for that matter. Must be #1 on this list accordingly. 

2. Jason Day- I don't know if Jason ever wins that elusive second major, but something tells me this could be his best chance. 

3. Xander Schauffele- Rounding into form in March, Schauffele has to be considered one of the favorites. Had moved off him in February, but he's headed in the right direction now. 

4. Jon Rahm- Always a threat, the defending champ should be a factor this year at Augusta once again. 

5. Bryson DeChambeau- Still predicting a top-five finish for Bryson, but I wish some of these LIV guys played more. They are an inconsistent group in terms of reps to be sure. 

6. Jordan Spieth- Two missed cuts drops Jordan out of the top spot, but his record at Augusta remains impressive. 

7. Sahith Theegala- Very solid overall player who should finish top ten in multiple majors this year by my estimation. 

8.  Will Zalatoris- Some ups and downs so far this year, but Zalatoris still has a top ten finish at Augusta written all over him. 

9. Brooks Koepka- Koepka has his demons at Augusta, but as with any major, he'll dial in and give a good showing. 

10. Shane Lowry- I just think Lowry's game fits big tournaments and I am expecting him to top ten in the majors this year at least twice, a la Theegala. 

Players outside of my top ten who still have a very legitimate shot at winning:  Dustin Johnson, Hideki Matsuyama, Justin Thomas, Patrick Cantlay, Joaquin Niemann

Highly ranked players who are off to slow start in 2024, but could catch lightning in a bottle for a week: Viktor Hovland, Collin Morikawa, Matt Fitzpatrick, Tony Finau, Rory McIlroy, Tommy Fleetwood, Brian Harman, Max Homa

Young, exciting players with little Masters experience, but tons of game: Matthieu Pavon, Wyndham Clark, Ludvig Aberg, Sam Burns, Tom Kim, Eric Cole, Nicolas Hojgaard, Min Woo Lee

Other LIV participants: Patrick Reed, Sergio Garcia, Cameron Smith, Tyrrell Hatton, Adrian Meronk

Solid, tested players...wouldn't be a shocker if they won: Adam Scott, Russell Henley, Cameron Young, Emiliano Grillo, Sepp Straka, Si Woo Kim, Corey Conners, Sungjae Im, Rickie Fowler, Keegan Bradley, Lucas Glover, Harris English, Adam Hadwin, Justin Rose, Chris Kirk, Byeong Hun An, Thorbjorn Olesen

Guys who have a punchers chance, but would make for a somewhat shocking winner: Tiger Woods, Danny Willett, Bubba Watson, Charl Schwartzel, Phil Mickelson, Jake Knapp, Austin Eckroat, Gary Woodland, Kurt Kitayama, Cameron Davis, Nick Taylor, Luke List, Lee Hodges, Adam Schenk, Taylor Moore, Nick Dunlap, Ryan Fox, Denny McCarthy, J.T. Poston, Erik Van Rooyen, Camilo Villegas, Grayson Murray, Ryo Hitsatsume

Guys who have no real shot at winning from my perspective:  Fred Couples, Zach Johnson, J.M. Olazabal, Vijay Singh, Mike Weir, Angel Cabrera, All amateurs

Betting wise I wanted to jump on a couple future Zal bets in majors to get ahead of his rounding to form. Needless to say I have missed it.  

With odds involed and I am not looking, Decki may be a nice play.  He is coming alive.   When he is striking it up to his ability he is firmly right behind schef as a ball striker along with a couple others.   

Its hard not to sort of pick Aberg many times this year.  Hes going to win this year.  And his game fits any course almost.  I like him more US Open and PGA I suppose.  

When Rahm went to LIV I said Rahm.   I figured hed come back fire.  Seems possibly delated by it all.  Just my feeling.  

I dont have a pick yet.  Ill say Scott may fly under the radar some. 

As always a lot depends on how it is playing.  Sometimes soggy sometimes rock hard.  

Zalatoris +3000

41 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Zalatoris +3000

Number still seems decent.   Couple months ago I believe he was like 45

23 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Number still seems decent.   Couple months ago I believe he was like 45

I don’t know what it is now. I grabbed it when the Genesis was going on. 

I have won the Edex Masters 2 years running. 

i'd bump Hideki into the top 10 and probably remove Lowry.  Lowry seems better suited for majors with more difficult scoring conditions. 

Finau and Cam Smith might crack my personal top 10

and of course, i'll be cheering for and not shocked by a Phil sighting deep into Sunday and it's entirely because it's Augusta.. as we've seen previously with Freddy and Langer.

Sam Burns +5500. 

He looks ready to contend in a major. 

Had to make some changes to my initial picks (see original post). Cannot pick Spieth when he's missed two cuts in a row. Also, hard not to make Scottie the favorite to win when he's playing the way he is. Also, adding Xander to the mix after rounding into form in March thus far. 

Scheffler’s putter I thought had been money since he made the switch. Will be pulling for him, love the tour when one player is dominating and others chasing. Think it makes for better storylines. 

Love Im here for betting longer shots to win

Cam Smith, Speith, and Hideki to post top 10 finishes.

I won the edex masters the past 2 years.  Be looking for my thread. Don't listen to this hack. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, edjr said:

I won the edex masters the past 2 years.  Be looking for my thread. Don't listen to this hack. 

He's right. Ed is a Masters savant. 

6 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

He's right. Ed is a Masters savant. 

Just having some fun. this blind squirrel found 2 nuts 🥜 

Lets go LIV!

Just thought we needed one more Masters thread on the front page... :lol::lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Just thought we needed one more Masters thread on the front page... :lol::lol:

:D