Sign in to follow this  
Maximum Overkill

Anthony Richardson

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Put some respect on this Man's name. 

Great story, and thanks for sharing.  There have been other stories about this guys character.  Top of mind is the one about the Colts rookie orientation luncheon where he stayed behind and helped the staff clean up.  Some people just get it.  

50 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Great story, and thanks for sharing.  There have been other stories about this guys character.  Top of mind is the one about the Colts rookie orientation luncheon where he stayed behind and helped the staff clean up.  Some people just get it.  

Great person by all accounts. We need more just like him. I wish him all the success. 

That is great,  it should be normal. 

• Like 1

Sure beats Emmitt Smith charging kids for his autograph back in Pensacola, Fl when he opened up his sports memorabilia store in the neighborhood he grew up in…his way of giving back to his community.  What a douche 

On 3/20/2024 at 6:14 PM, JagFan said:

Sure beats Emmitt Smith charging kids for his autograph back in Pensacola, Fl when he opened up his sports memorabilia store in the neighborhood he grew up in…his way of giving back to his community.  What a douche 

he did that?    if what you say is true, I fully agree.

Douche move.   Especially in your own hometown neighbourhood.

A lot of former players charge for autographs; it helps them make money after the sport takes a toll on their body etc. I wouldn't say that makes him a bad person. If he gave out the autograph there for free; I could see the place being a bit out of control with the amount of people showing up possibly.

18 hours ago, Ray_T said:

he did that?    if what you say is true, I fully agree.

Douche move.   Especially in your own hometown neighbourhood.

He did.  I was living in Pensacola at the time and it was all over the local talk shows.  The worst part is that it’s the poorest neighborhood in Pensacola.

On 3/23/2024 at 11:24 PM, RareN64Dream said:

A lot of former players charge for autographs; it helps them make money after the sport takes a toll on their body 

😆

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2024 at 8:14 PM, JagFan said:

That explains why never responded when I sent him cards to sign as a kid 😆 

Troy Aikman did though. I got a letter back from him like 2 months later with the two cards I sent him signed. Him and David Robinson of the San Antonio Spurs were the only ones to do so.

5 hours ago, polecatt said:

That explains why never responded when I sent him cards to sign as a kid 😆 

Troy Aikman did though. I got a letter back from him like 2 months later with the two cards I sent him signed. Him and David Robinson of the San Antonio Spurs were the only ones to do so.

the players with class know how to act.   you dont shut down a young fan and tell them you need money for an autograph.   you encourage that young man to be a fan.  you happily sign the autograph.   maybe even ask the fans name personalize it and address it specifically to him.

those guys will have the staying power in terms of endorsements too as everyone wants to get behind a player who is a nice guy and hasnt forgot where he came from.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ray_T said:

the players with class know how to act.   you dont shut down a young fan and tell them you need money for an autograph.   you encourage that young man to be a fan.  you happily sign the autograph.   maybe even ask the fans name personalize it and address it specifically to him.

those guys will have the staying power in terms of endorsements too as everyone wants to get behind a player who is a nice guy and hasnt forgot where he came from.

Super Bowl 44 Emmit tossed the coin…then he immediately dove on the ground to get the coin.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QKjZhgscwl4&pp=ygUXc3VwZXIgYm93bCA0NCBjb2luIHRvc3M%3D

The NFL is still looking to recover that coin, and he denies taking it.  Dude is easily the biggest douche to ever play, and it’s a shame that he gets more love than the best RB from that era…Barry Sanders. 

6 hours ago, JagFan said:

Super Bowl 44 Emmit tossed the coin…then he immediately dove on the ground to get the coin.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QKjZhgscwl4&pp=ygUXc3VwZXIgYm93bCA0NCBjb2luIHRvc3M%3D

The NFL is still looking to recover that coin, and he denies taking it.  Dude is easily the biggest douche to ever play, and it’s a shame that he gets more love than the best RB from that era…Barry Sanders. 

Okay you're clearly just an Emmitt hater 😆

I'll disregard anything else I hear from you about him