Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Dallas police searching for Rashee Rice in connection to accident

16 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Hey, on the bright side at least he didn't have an illegally possessed firearm ✌️

19 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

No.  No, 10 grams of weed is not a felony in Texas.  Up to 1oz of weed in Tejas is considered misdemeanor.  10oz of green in Texas yes, felony.  Not 10 grams.... Rashee be smoking that 10 grams in a few hours with his homies.  

Possession it's a misdemeanor.

For sale it's enough to be a felony.

Considering the other circumstances of the incident I bet they could charge him with intent to sell if they wanted to

34 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Possession it's a misdemeanor.

For sale it's enough to be a felony.

Considering the other circumstances of the incident I bet they could charge him with intent to sell if they wanted to

if he didnt have high powered lawyers that may have happened.   but a lot of times the DA wont press charges against someone who will lawyer up unless you are sure you can make it stick.  once the lawyers get involved there is a large cost to the taxpayer and if that large cost doesnt have a good chance of bringing a conviction why spend the money?

Thats what big money gets you.   perhaps a bit more leniency due to the potential of lawyers getting involved and mucking things up.

9 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

if he didnt have high powered lawyers that may have happened.   but a lot of times the DA wont press charges against someone who will lawyer up unless you are sure you can make it stick.  once the lawyers get involved there is a large cost to the taxpayer and if that large cost doesnt have a good chance of bringing a conviction why spend the money?

Thats what big money gets you.   perhaps a bit more leniency due to the potential of lawyers getting involved and mucking things up.

I don't see this going to trial since there's so much evidence and he's basically admitted to driving the car.

They will likely charge him with as serious charges as they can so they can plea down to something lesser.

They say he's facing up to 20 years, but that's not gonna happen. I doubt he does any time.

15 minutes ago, polecatt said:

They say he's facing up to 20 years, but that's not gonna happen

That's definitely not happening. 

He's going to spend some time in jail but probably not much at all. These are still pretty serious charges. It sounds like they already negotiated on the Fleeing charge, unless I missed it. That's the biggy. 

2 differing opinions.   I bet Polecatt is right.  I bet he doesnt do any time or if he does it will be very minimal.  but it will cost him a pile of cash to keep his hands clean. 

GLENN HEIGHTS, Texas -- Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice surrendered to police Thursday on charges including aggravated assault after he and another driver of a speeding sports car allegedly caused a crash involving a half-dozen vehicles on a Dallas highway last month.

A spokeswoman for Rice's attorney, Texas state Sen. Royce West, confirmed to The Associated Press on Thursday evening that Rice turned himself in at the Glenn Heights Police Department. Rice was booked into the regional jail in DeSoto, and West said he was released on bond Thursday night.

In an emailed statement, West emphasized what he called Rice's "continued cooperation with law enforcement."

"Mr. Rice acknowledges his actions and feels deeply for those injured as a result of this accident," the lawyer said.

Sure he does. POS :thumbsdown:

On 4/11/2024 at 2:10 PM, Ray_T said:

2 differing opinions.   I bet Polecatt is right.  I bet he doesnt do any time or if he does it will be very minimal.  but it will cost him a pile of cash to keep his hands clean. 

He will do ZERO jail time.  Bet.  

54 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

If his lawyer got the Felony Fleeing thrown out then he probably won't. That is mandatory jail time. That was the big charge. 

1 hour ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

You are probably right, but it is by no means a given, and I bet Rashee’s lawyer is telling him that too. This whole thing was way too high profile to just sweep under the rug

They're saying he was driving 119 mph

12 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

You are probably right, but it is by no means a given, and I bet Rashee’s lawyer is telling him that too. This whole thing was way too high profile to just sweep under the rug

I agree. There's a lot to unpack. 119 MPH, Reckless Driving causing bodily harm, leaving the scene of an accident, etc. 

Nothing would shock me anymore but I can't imagine him not doing ANY jail time. Even if it's just a week. 

I wonder what prosecution one would be facing if they were not a football player.