thegeneral

AZ Brings Back 160 Year Old Abortion Ban

26 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Except it absolutely is. 

Trump wants the states to decide. In Arizona the Republicans appointed the members of their Supreme Court who made the decision. The Republicans then  promoted the 1864 law. (Kari Lake said she loved it.) It is Democrats who are trying to overturn it; that’s not a Republican effort. Republicans are only condemning this decision this morning because they see the poll numbers and are suddenly terrified, not out of any moral conviction. Too late. 

As for Trump, the most terrified guy of all, none of this mess would have even been possible if Roe hadn’t been overturned, and as he loves to tell us, he is the man most responsible for that. Trump did this. Now he gets to own it by hopefully being thrashed in November. More and more that seems very likely. 

⬆️  Scream at the sky guy.

It's going to be on the ballot in AZ in November.  The people get to decide.  BFD.  

Just like SCOTUS and Trump said.  

:lol:

4 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

People change their views

He's a Lying Pony Faced Soldier, just say it. 

33 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Magas were anti abortion before this week.  They realized that's a losing position, so Trump came out this week and said he's fine with whatever the states decide, late term abortions, no abortions, whatever.  And the Maga shift has begun.

Lake said 2 years ago she supports the 1864 law, today she says she doesn't.

You don't even know what you're arguing for but those are the facts.

I'm not arguing anything.  I'm pointing out how dumb the article was that you posted.  

Republicans want it both ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    🤣

3 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Like supporting the KKK, introducing racist bills, racist quotes, etc? You don't care because he's a Democrat, fits your narrative. 

You know as well as I do that he's a piece of racist shizz. But you'll keep voting for him. That's what I mean by hypocrite. 

At least admit the obvious, Man up 

Supporting the KKK 😂

If these crime bills were up today they’d be a pillar of Republicans agenda 😂

Look…good luck with your messaging on these abortion votes coming up. Red tie team seems to be scuffling with the messaging.

Maybe something will stick between. Donald is good at this and has already changed his tune - no national ban. But I don’t think that will cut it. That means state votes which so far has been bad news for the “taking this away” side. 

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

That means state votes which so far has been bad news for the “taking this away” side. 

If retard logic was summed up in a single sentence.  🤣

8 minutes ago, Jose M said:

If retard logic was summed up in a single sentence.  🤣

It’s the nom for biggest dipshet new poster of 2024! 

Kari Lake came out against the AZ ban yesterday 😂 says it needs to be more “common sense”.

She was for it in 2022 and said it sets a great example of other states @Maximum Overkill I know this is your thing.

Good luck!!

5 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Kari Lake came out against the AZ ban yesterday 😂 says it needs to be more “common sense”.

She was for it in 2022 and said it sets a great example of other states @Maximum Overkill I know this is your thing.

Good luck!!

We should celebrate politicians evolving their thinking and being willing to change course.....I mean....why the fock would we ever want them to continue doing dumb things?  Changing course as the learn is what we should demand...

WTF  

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

We should celebrate politicians evolving their thinking and being willing to change course.....I mean....why the fock would we ever want them to continue doing dumb things?  Changing course as the learn is what we should demand...

WTF  

Please chat with Maximum Overdrive. TIA

10 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Good luck!!

She's a flip flopping idiot just like Biden. 

You're turn, say it. 

Can you though??? 

Good luck! 

https://twitter.com/AymannJames/status/1778062761714667658

Arizona Attorney General Kris Mayes:

“Let me be Completely Clear – as long as I am Attorney General of the State of Arizona – No Woman or Doctor will be Prosecuted under this Draconian Law!”

This Statement is in Response to the Arizona Supreme Court Resurrecting an 1864 Law – stating that – “Abortion is a Felony – Punishable by 2 to 5 Years in Prison – including Anyone that Assists a Woman in Getting an Abortion – with an Exception for the Life of the Woman.” 

Just now, Maximum Overkill said:

She's a flip flopping idiot just like Biden. 

You're turn, say it. 

Can you though??? 

Good luck! 

Trump did this as well HTH 😂

Please chat with RLLD. TIA!

Just now, thegeneral said:

Trump did this as well HTH 😂

Please chat with RLLD. TIA!

😂 Trump, Trump, Trump

You still can't admit Biden is a fraud of a flip flopper? 

Good luck with Pedo Pete! 🌈 

17 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

What I’m saying is, those people don’t really want it. Not outside of Mississippi and Alabama anyway. Electorally that will be very bad for the Rs, and good, because fock em

I think you're misreading the tea leaves.  There's a LOT of people who are against abortion, it's just that the many are living in blue states where their voices are silenced and people like you shout them down because they don't agree with you.

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

😂 Trump, Trump, Trump

You still can't admit Biden is a fraud of a flip flopper? 

Good luck with Pedo Pete! 🌈 

You do seem a little extra unhinged this morning, friend. 

8 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Please chat with Maximum Overdrive. TIA

No, I am talking to you.  Right now Biden is shifting course on the border.....I could make fun of him, but instead I will applaud him.....

If they are moderating their approach toward abortion, we should celebrate this

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think you're misreading the tea leaves.  There's a LOT of people who are against abortion, it's just that the many are living in blue states where their voices are silenced and people like you shout them down because they don't agree with you.

Kansas and Ohio both solidly red had votes on this and it didn’t go well for red tie team.

16 hours ago, lod001 said:

I seriously cannot understand the ignorance of republicans on this issue. If you are against abortion, then your voters, if they agree,  will not get abortions.

Who still will? Democrats. So why would republicans care if democrats have abortions. They should WANT democrats to have abortions. When they see what these alphabet soup freaks look like they should be encouraging it.

16 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

This exactly. And every republican politician will get his mistress an abortion anyways

I don't have problems with degenerates killing their kids... what I have a problem with is tax payer money paying for it.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't have problems with degenerates killing their kids... what I have a problem with is tax payer money paying for it.

You probably make that $ back in what you don’t pay for welfare and the criminal Justice system etc.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

No, I am talking to you.  Right now Biden is shifting course on the border.....I could make fun of him, but instead I will applaud him.....

If they are moderating their approach toward abortion, we should celebrate this

Yes I think people’s views on things change or the question being asked might be different.

Within a year seems to be a bit much 😂

Thank Karl Rove and GWB for introducing this flip flopping shet.

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

You probably make that $ back in what you don’t pay for welfare and the criminal Justice system etc.

Copout answer that fails.  The person getting the abortion isn't getting that kid 100% funded by welfare.  It's still cheaper for the degenerate to pay for killing their kid than it is to raise the kid on welfare.

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

Yes I think people’s views on things change or the question being asked might be different.

Within a year seems to be a bit much 😂

Thank Karl Rove and GWB for introducing this flip flopping shet.

Flip flopping is politics, they all will adjust their positions based on polling, and voting; and then often go back to the original position once they win.

Any indication of these people making better choices should be celebrated.  Just as with those folks in Portland.  They put things in place which were on their face just stupid, but now that enough people have been harmed they are going back on that....this is good...and further, maybe their mistakes can serve as a warning to other locations to not try things that make no sense.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Flip flopping is politics, they all will adjust their positions based on polling, and voting; and then often go back to the original position once they win.

Any indication of these people making better choices should be celebrated.  Just as with those folks in Portland.  They put things in place which were on their face just stupid, but now that enough people have been harmed they are going back on that....this is good...and further, maybe their mistakes can serve as a warning to other locations to not try things that make no sense.

Hey…save it for someone else. I was poking fun at Maximum Overdrive and his 30 year old Joe Biden clips 😂

Good luck to team red tie explaining this to voters. They have gotten themselves in a bit of a pickle here.

6 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Kansas and Ohio both solidly red had votes on this and it didn’t go well for red tie team.

They voted on it.  That was the point of my original post.  The government giving the citizens the ability to actually vote on the issue is the way to go.  My problem with the government is when they make a sweeping decision on their own.  He was complaining that Red states didn't care what their constituents wanted, they just banned abortions.  I said blue states did the same thing, just the reverse (meaning, they didn't listen to their voters, just made a sweeping decision).  The way Ohio and Kansas (and now Florida), are doing it, is the right way.  It's being dealt with at the state level by the states.  I find it odd that your kind are upset with Donald Trump giving people rights.

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Hey…save it for someone else. I was poking fun at Maximum Overdrive and his 30 year old Joe Biden clips 😂

Good luck to team red tie explaining this to voters. They have gotten themselves in a bit of a pickle here.

Ok, gotcha....nevermind then...

Also, this stuff is purely political...I do not believe for a moment they are making these moves for any reason other than to attract more independent voters....

16 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don’t shout down anyone on abortion, it’s just not really my main issue. Plus I do understand how people are uncomfortable with it. Once again your assumptions are false.

But I do think it’s you who is severely underestimating the strength of this issue. Guess we’ll find out :cheers:

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Ok, gotcha....nevermind then...

Also, this stuff is purely political...I do not believe for a moment they are making these moves for any reason other than to attract more independent voters....

Red tie folks have gotten over their skiis with this subject. Blue tie folks are thankful for the lifeline. This is a big political for GOP.

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Copout answer that fails.  The person getting the abortion isn't getting that kid 100% funded by welfare.  It's still cheaper for the degenerate to pay for killing their kid than it is to raise the kid on welfare.

It’s the truth though. Introducing tens of thousands of unwanted kids by overwhelmingly low income parents is going to cost taxpayers way more than subsidizing abortion. 

Just now, MDC said:

It’s the truth though. Introducing tens of thousands of unwanted kids by overwhelmingly low income parents is going to cost taxpayers way more than subsidizing abortion. 

Like I said, copout answer.  Before ANY of that happens, mom is footing the bill for the kid.  Just pay the money and kill the kid and everyone wins.  Why does the degenerate have to be the only winner?

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

It is right there.  How can you continue to lie??  Are you serious right now?  What the hell dude, this is out of hand....even for you..... at some point embarrassment alone should compel you to at least apologize.....  the fock.....  😦

Serious question: are you wacko or do you just think we’re all really stupid?

I can never quite tell with you. I’d guess about a 70/30 mix

14 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They voted on it.  That was the point of my original post.  The government giving the citizens the ability to actually vote on the issue is the way to go.  My problem with the government is when they make a sweeping decision on their own.  He was complaining that Red states didn't care what their constituents wanted, they just banned abortions.  I said blue states did the same thing, just the reverse (meaning, they didn't listen to their voters, just made a sweeping decision).  The way Ohio and Kansas (and now Florida), are doing it, is the right way.  It's being dealt with at the state level by the states.  I find it odd that your kind are upset with Donald Trump giving people rights.

I missed your beginning convo. My bad. 

This issue is a huge loser for GOP. They have no good message now so I think they will just shift to your state rights and  never mention a federal ban again. Then talk about tranny immigrants ruining the country and hope economy goes sour.

I don’t get how you all don’t see that taking away something from someone that they have had their whole life wouldn’t be a bit upsetting. Good luck with this states rights  argument.

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Like I said, copout answer.  Before ANY of that happens, mom is footing the bill for the kid.  Just pay the money and kill the kid and everyone wins.  Why does the degenerate have to be the only winner?

I didn’t say the mom has to be the winner. I said your complaints about paying for it short sighted because not paying for it will cost more in the long run. HTH

23 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

This argument makes no sense, People should not be allowed to vote about fundamental rights. I don’t care if it’s the federal government, state government or a small village. You don’t get to vote on this. 

If abortion is murder, then it’s murder and a majority of people voting otherwise doesn’t make it OK. If a woman should have the right to choose what she wants with her own body, then she has that right and a majority of people voting otherwise doesn’t make a restriction OK. 

We had this exact same debate over slavery before the Civil War. A bunch of people who were trying to put off the fundamental issue said “let’s let each state decide for itself”. It was called Popular Sovereignty. It doesn’t work because you cant let mob rule decide the fate of individuals. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

This argument makes no sense, People should not be allowed to vote about fundamental rights. I don’t care if it’s the federal government, state government or a small village. You don’t get to vote on this. 

If abortion is murder, then it’s murder and a majority of people voting otherwise doesn’t make it OK. If a woman should have the right to choose what she wants with her own body, then she has that right and a majority of people voting otherwise doesn’t make a restriction OK. 

We had this exact same debate over slavery before the Civil War. A bunch of people who were trying to put off the fundamental issue said “let’s let each state decide for itself”. It was called Popular Sovereignty. It doesn’t work because you cant let mob rule decide the fate of individuals. 

The constitution itself was ratified.  It can be amended by a 2 thirds vote.  Everything including fundamental rights is voted on.  

You just say stuff.  Blowhard.

48 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Serious question: are you wacko or do you just think we’re all really stupid?

I can never quite tell with you. I’d guess about a 70/30 mix

Well, to be fair I do think some of you are stupid....you are in that group, so there is that....

Not that I would expect you to comprehend that fully.

34 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

This issue is a huge loser for GOP.

You're one of those guys that thinks if he says things over and over it makes it true.

IF it turns out to be a huge loser for the GOP it's because there are a bunch of dumb liberal and independent voters that aren't smart enough understand they actually control their own destiny.